Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 20: The Devil You Know (SPOILER BLOG)

I am getting so nervous about the rest of the season. Because I know the pain is so imminent. And I care much much more about Sam and Dean now than I did the first time.
I love when Supernatural involves current events with the show. Like swine flu is Pestilence’s fault. I BELIEVE THIS. SUPERNATURAL IS REALITY.

Sam: Day and a half…
Dean: That’s the same time those statues started crying.
Doctor: I’m sorry, what was that?
Dean: What was what?
Doctor: Did you just say a bunch of statues started crying?
Sam: What? No, no no…
Dean: Who would say that? Crazy people?
Sam: Exactly.
Dean: Which we’re not.
Sam: Nooo.

HILARIOUS.

Crowley, you troll. He is so hilarious. STOP IT CROWLEY, I HATE YOU SO MUCH, STOP BEING ADORABLE.

The Dean eye-roll in response to Crowley whining about his house and his tailor is HILARIOUS. Dean is like, “Bitch, I do not care about any of your employees who may or may not have been eaten.”

THERE IS NO WAY CROWLEY IS A DEMON. His eyes have never flashed black, they’ve never holy water-ed or knifed or salted him, and he can track the boys even though they’ve got hex bags.

“I’ve sold sin to saints for centuries.” This is a nice little alliteration for my brain. I like.

That throat-slitting was a bit too graphic for my taste. I honestly don’t have a problem with blood, but that was just a bit too Sweeney Todd.

OH NO SAM FEELS SO ~*~BETRAYED~*~. So he calls Bobby to cry about it.

“He’s gonna find every chink in your armor, Sam, and use it against you. Your fear, your grief, your anger— and let’s face it, you’re not exactly Mr. Anger Management. How are you gonna control the devil when you can’t control yourself.”

BOBBY SINGER = WISEST MAN IN THE WORLD.

Oh, Dean. They always manage to get themselves into these kind of scrapes, don’t they?Damn Crowley. This is all his fault. JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE THAT CAUSES ME INTENSE PAIN. BRB crying because I’m still not over the ending of Season 6.

“That’s what you get, working with a demon.” WHEN WILL THEY LEARN.

OH YEAH THIS IS THE STANFORD REVELATION. I knew this was happening but I didn’t know it was this episode. Oof, I am so sad. And Dean is so precious. He trusts Sam! He does! He said he never would again, but this is proof that HE LOVES HIS BROTHER. OH #WBA YOU MAKE ME SO HAPPY INSIDE.

Oh, that is so awful. Azazel was sending demons after Sam and watching him at Stanford. This hurts me in ways I can’t explain. Sam thought he was getting out of the life that his dad set down for him, but in actuality he was being stalked by the evil things he was trying to escape. Fuck demons. I hate them. And fuck Azazel. He is the absolute worst.

“Where’s your moose?” YES MOOSE REFERENCE. I LOVE. I LOVE.

SAM. WHY WOULD YOU BETRAY YOUR BROTHER’S TRUST LIKE THAT? THIS IS WHY I AM SO RARELY ON YOUR SIDE. Although I understand why he’s doing this, I cannot help but be upset. He locked Dean in a goddamn bathroom. He is such a child.

SAM. THAT’S WHAT HE WANTS. DAMN IT.

Good work, Sammy. I am so proud of you right now.

“I must be losing my touch. Let one of the little toads live. Oops. Also might have given said toad the impression that you left your post last night because you and I are— wait for it—- lovers in league against Satan. Hello, darling.”

THIS IS WHY CROWLEY IS MY FAVORITE DESPITE THE FACT THAT ALL HIS ACTIONS MAKE ME WANT TO PUNCH MYSELF IN THE FACE. Love/hate you, bb.

So sad. I can picture Sam and Brady being besties, too. So upsetting.

I LOVE CROWLEY’S HELL HOUND. SO CUTE. GROWLEY.

Dean: All those angels, all those demons, all those sons-of-bitches… they just don’t get it, do they, Sammy?
Sam: No, they don’t, Dean.
Dean: You see, Brady… we’re the ones you should be afraid of.

I LOVE THE WINCHESTERS. I LOVE THEIR BROTHERLY LOVE. I LOVE HOW AWESOME AND BADASS THEY ARE. I JUST LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM.

“Maybe you hate us so much because you hate what you see every time you look in the mirror, ever think of that? Maybe the only difference between you and a demon is that your Hell is right here.”

Why do the Winchesters hate themselves so much? There’s a very similar line in reference to Dean in ‘Dream A Little Dream of Me’ back in Season 3. I just love them so much and I want them to love themselves. Their feelings of deprecation and inadequacy make me want to CRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment