Okay, I didn’t mention this in my last blog (don’t ask me why, clearly I was being too nice) but in light of the recent twitter battle between IAmCastiel and DeanWinchester, I am PISSED beyond belief at last episode and this one. Dean and Sam work with Crowley. Bobby makes a deal with Crowley. AND IT’S FINE. Sam and Dean don’t necessarily approve of Bobby’s deal, but they don’t fucking excommunicate him from their lives!
And yes, I know, Dean is more upset about being lied to than Castiel working with a demon. But still! I don’t care. Dean has this goddamn double standard when it comes to Cas, like Cas has to be perfect and put Dean first and always do the right thing, or else he’s a dick. Like, DEAN. COME ON.
And guys, this is coming from me. Dean Winchester is my WORLD. I love him. I want to bury people who hurt him. But this is too much. Castiel did this because he felt like he didn’t have any other choice. He didn’t involve Dean because it would have meant tearing him away from the life he was trying to live. He did that out of COMPASSION. Eating all the souls may not have been the best idea, but he was just trying to make a better world for Dean to live in.
Castiel is always expected to put Dean first, but Dean is never expected to put Cas first. Castiel turned his back on his brothers for Dean, but Dean would never extend that courtesy to him.
Somehow this turned into a Season 6 discussion/ a discussion about Dean and Castiel’s relationship. I haven’t even un-paused the episode yet. I’m sorry. I digress. On to Episode 21.
Oof, Pestilence. He’s ridiculous. That was nasty. Why you trying to make me throw up, SPN?
I love when Dean throws temper tantrums.
OH NO CASTIEL FELL HE IS IN THE HOSPITAL MY POOR BB
Dean: Look, we’re going after Pestilence now, so if you want to zap over here--
Castiel: I can’t ‘zap’ anywhere.
Dean: What do you mean?
Castiel: You could say my batteries are drained.
Dean: What do you mean, you’re out of angel mojo?
Castiel: I’m saying that I’m thirsty, and my head aches. I have a bug bite that itches no matter how much I scratch it. I’m just incredibly...
Dean: Human. Wow. Sorry.
I feel like Dean is thinking of 2014!Castiel in this moment. He’s wondering whether that’s going to come true. Now that Pestilence is topside, the Croatoan virus is pretty much imminent, Sam is contemplating saying yes to Lucifer, and now Cas has fallen: it’s like every little piece of the Future ‘Verse Dean dreads is falling into place. He must be terrified.
Also, Castiel is already acting so human. He’s got little quirky mannerisms. And his voice is already more natural. He’s talking about plane rides and food, for heaven’s sake.
“Dean, wait.. You said no to Michael. I owe you an apology...You are not the burnt and broken shell of a man I believed you to be.”
SPECIAL DEAN/CASTIEL MOMENTS. I FUCKING ADORE THEM. Castiel is so happy. When he woke up and realized that Dean didn’t say ‘yes’, he must have been so happy. Like I said, I honestly believe that he loves Dean, and that he has for a long time, and when he thought that Dean was going to say ‘yes’, he was so disappointed and upset. But now he can love Dean freely again. Oof, my emotions.
Eurgh, I am getting so ill watching this episode. Pestilence is my least favorite Horseman. Actually, Famine sucks too. The hunger thing was pretty gross. I can’t decide who I hate more. DEATH IS THE BEST. HE IS MY FAVORITE.
JUST THE IDEA OF CASTIEL TAKING A BUS. IT KILLS ME. Also, THAT’S RIGHT BB YOU CUT OFF THAT HORSEMAN’S FINGER LIKE THE BADASS FALLEN ANGEL YOU ARE. God, I love Castiel. Also, this really does feel like Horcruxes in that everybody gets to participate in destroying them.
Dean: Please tell us you have actual good news.
Bobby: Chicago’s about to be wiped off the map. Storm of the millenium. Sets off a daisy chain of natural disasters. Three million people are gonna die.
Castiel: I don’t understand your definition of good news.
UGH YOU SEE THIS IS WHY I HAVE SO MUCH FURY. EVERYBODY WORKS WITH CROWLY BUT WHEN CASTIEL DOES IT, EVERYBODY FREAKS OUT.
Sam: Did you kiss him?
Dean: Sam!
Sam: Just wondering!
Bobby: NO!
Crowley: Ahem.
Bobby: Why’d you take a picture?
Crowley: Why did you have to use tongue?
LOL DEAD.
“Can’t or won’t” is Dean’s favorite question. He said it to Gabriel like two episodes ago.
Crowley is the biggest troll. Seriously he is amazing. STOP STOP I DON’T WANT TO LIKE YOU CROWLEY I HATE YOU SO MUCH.
I got legitimate chills when ‘O Death’ started playing. BEST CHARACTER ENTRANCE OF ALL TIME. DEATH IS THE CREEPIEST AND MOST AWESOME MOTHERFUCKER ON THIS PLANET I LOVE HIM AND EVERYTHING HE CHOOSES TO BE.
Castiel: This is what they mean by the eleventh hour, right?
Bobby: Pretty much.
Castiel: Well, it’s the eleventh hour and I am useless. All I have is this... what am I even supposed to do with it?
Bobby: Point it and shoot.
Castiel: What I used to be...
Bobby: You really gonna bitch to me? Quit pining for the varsity years and load the damn truck.
I love Bobby and Castiel interactions. So wonderful. I also simultaneously love/hate human!Cas. I ALSO HATE WHEN SAM AND DEAN SPLIT UP AUGH DON’T DO IT.
“Remember when we used to just hunt wendigos? How simple things were?” OH SEASON 1.
Crowley. I don’t fucking get you. I honestly don’t. I’m really hoping we get an explanation for Crowley in Season 7. Like, he GIVES BOBBY HIS LEGS BACK. OUT OF THE FUCKING KINDNESS OF HIS HEART. HOW IS HE BAD? I just don’t understand. What is Crowley? WHAT IS HE?
Sam and Cas are having a weird heart-to-heart right now. It’s making me uncomfortable.
I feel fucking ill. Whoever makes the sound effects for Supernatural LIKES SQUELCHING.
Dean and Crowley interactions make me LOL.
“Actually, these things can be useful.” CASTIEL. MY BB SHOT A GUN. SO PROUD.
O DEATH I FUCKING LOVE YOU. YOU ARE THE BEST. Eating deep dish pizza with a knife and fork. I adore him.
“You have an inflated sense of your importance. To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you’d feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky. This is one little planet, one tiny solar system, in a galaxy that’s barely out of it’s diapers. I’m old, Dean; very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.”
THIS IS THE BEST SPEECH. HOLY SHIT. I love Death. I love him.
Dean: How old are you?
Death: As old as God. Maybe older. Neither of us can remember anymore. Life, death, chicken, egg... regardless, at the end, I’ll reap him, too.
Dean: God? You’ll reap God?
Death: Ah, yes. God will die, too, Dean.
Okay, I’ve seen a lot of things stating that this means that Death is going to reap Cas now that he’s God. But in context, this doesn’t make sense. In this scene, he’s talking about CURRENT God, the one who’s still alive and chilling somewhere (Chuck?) and the one he seems to know like a friend. It doesn’t seem like he’s foreshadowing the reaping of Hopped-Up-On-Souls-Godstiel.
The fact that Death hates Lucifer makes me so happy. I don’t hate Death; I don’t think he’s an enemy. He’s an ally. God and Death go hand-in-hand. They create and destroy. Circle and life, blah blah blah. Death isn’t like the other horsemen... he’s a natural part of existence.
“Look, Sam’s got a darkness in him, I’m not saying he don’t. But he’s got a hell of a lot of good in him, too... you know Sam will beat the devil or he’ll die trying.”
I LOVE BOBBY. AND I LOVE SAM. AND I LOVE CAS.
AND I LOVE DEAN I LOVE DEAN SO MUCH EVEN THOUGH SOMETIMES HE MAKES ME WANT TO PUNCH THINGS.
No comments:
Post a Comment