Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 6: You Can't Handle The Truth (SPOILER BLOG)

I love movies and books and shows where the characters are required to tell the truth. I don’t know why. I just think it’s interesting. It’s just proof that humans have the most twisted, awful shit running through their brains and it’s only societal standards that force us to filter out these bad thoughts and keep them inside.

“It’s a new, more caring administration.” Says Soulless!Sam, who punches caring people in the face.

At least Soulless!Sam is a good interrogator. Hunting is clearly easier without a soul. HE LOOKS FUCKING PLEASED WHEN THAT WOMAN IS CRYING.

OH MY GOD ALL THE HORROR. DENTISTRY IS A TERRIFYING PROFESSION.

I love that Bobby is willing to state their worst fear: that Hell changed Sam for the worse. That his time in the cage, however short, turned him into some kind of monster without a conscience.

I love this “weapons from Heaven” story line. I know it doesn’t last for long, but as I’ve said before, I love biblical stuff, so the whole Staff of Moses/Horn of Gabriel thing is cool.

AUGH I HATE IT WHEN MOM AND DAD FIGHT.

Dean: Are you kidding me? I have been on red alert about Sam and you come for some stupid horn?

Castiel: You asked me to be here and I came.

Dean: I’ve been asking you to be here for days, you dick!

CASTIEL DIDN’T WANT TO ANSWER DEAN’S PRAYERS ABOUT SAM BECAUSE HE WAS THE ONE WHO PULLED SAM OUT AND HE DIDN’T WANT TO THINK THAT HE HAD DONE SOMETHING WRONG AHHHHH.

I love Castiel pouring Dean’s drink for him. As much as he’s enabling Dean’s alcoholism, it’s a very familiar, friendly gesture and signifies their ~bond~.

Dean: What happened to you, Cas? You used to be human, or at least like one.

Castiel: I’m at war. Certain… regrettable things are now required of me.

LIKE DEALS WITH THE KING OF HELL OH LORD SO MANY FEELINGS.

Dean: You were gone for like, two seconds. Where did you look?

Castiel: … Everywhere.

This last little scene between Dean and Castiel is so poignant to me. I feel like I always see Castiel hurt on Dean’s behalf. It’s much easier for me to believe that Cas loves Dean than the other way around. BUT, in this scene, after they finish talking about the Horn of Gabriel, and Dean realizes Cas is about to flit off, he turns SO BITTER. He sounds so angry when he says, “Well, nice seeing you anyway” and when Cas tries to reach out to him, he responds like a child. To me, this is proof that he cares. To him it seems like Castiel only comes when he needs something or has something to gain, and not because he actually cares about him or Sam. I honestly believe that Castiel does care, but he’s at war: he can’t just pop down whenever Dean needs him, as important as it may be.

“I’d just like the freaking truth.” CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, DEAN-O.

THE TRUTH IS A FANTASTIC AND TERRIBLE THING.

“Why am I telling you? Maybe ‘cause you’re my favorite. Although, Sam’s a better hunter. Lately, anyway.”

This line kills me. Sam has to be soulless to be a better hunter than Dean. I like to imagine that when the playing fields are even (both parties in full control of their souls and not hopped up on demon blood or any other substances) they are both equally good at hunting. They’re a team.

“How is it that half the time you clean a mess, you end up dirty?” STORY OF DEAN’S LIFE AMIRITE.

“You two have the most unhealthy, tangled up, crazy thing I’ve ever seen. And as long as he’s in your life, you’re never going to be happy.”

I had to pause the video to take a big deep breath when Lisa said this. WHOO. Painful. Do not like. Heart hurts now.

SOULLESS SAM CAN LIE BECAUSE VERITAS AFFECTS PEOPLE’S SOULS OMG SAMMY HAS NO SOUL SO HE CAN LIE THAT IS VERY SCARY.

I think the idea of Veritas is really cool. I like the story line of this episode.

Dean: I thought he was a monster, but now I think…

Veritas: Now you think what?

Dean: He’s just acting like me.

This reminds me of the end of Season 3 when Sam says that he’s trying to be more like Dean so that he can take over the war once Dean gets dragged to Hell.

“I’m not a father. I’m a killer.” BREAK MY HEART IN TWO PIECES WHY DON’T YOU.

I LOVE THIS SEQUENCE. Humans can lie; that’s what makes them humans. It’s like what Dean said back in “Free To Be You and Me”: when humans want something really, really badly, they lie. This is something Dean teaches Castiel about being human. Having a soul makes us humans: Soulless!Sam is not a human being. He doesn’t feel love or guilt or fear, and he doesn’t know what’s wrong, and he doesn’t even care about finding out until Dean’s about to shiv him.

DEAN. CUT IT OUT. STOP HITTING SOULLESS!SAM.

Oof. The truth is coming out so, so soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment