Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sarah Watches: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 1: Exile On Main St


Welcome to Season 6. I’m not sure how I feel that the show continued after the Season 5 finale. It seemed like everything was wrapped up really well, loose ends were tied, etcetera. Until Sam shows up outside Lisa’s. If they’d left that out, it would have been the perfect ending.

I realize that fans would have wanted the show to go on, that the show is still popular, all of those things. I don’t know if the sixth season is worse than the fifth, since I haven’t seen any of the episodes yet, so I can’t ruminate on anything more than what I’ve already said.

Let’s get to it.

Seeing these flashbacks is very emotional for me, because I only watched this last night.

Dean and Lisa are living together. I know they were at the end of last season, but UGH I am not happy about this. I still don’t want them to be together.

Oh, Dean, you drive a truck, you’re freaking domestic. You work construction. You have a real job. I’m incredibly depressed by this. You’re at a barbeque. You’re teaching Ben how to fix a truck. You’re going to bed at night in a house, locking all the doors and being incredibly domestic. Dean, even your hair is combed and fixed.

I don’t know how he is content with this. I just don’t understand. But you keep your gun under the bed. Bby, this kind of life isn’t for you.

“Pest control.” Well, sure, if Wendigos and ghosts and demons and FUCKING LUCIFER are ‘pests.’

See, the thing about Dean, the reason why an apple pie life would never work for him, is that he cares way too much about saving other people. The only reason he went back to Lisa was because Sam made him promise. Another reason an apple pie life would never work is that he carries guns with him wherever he goes. That’s not the way normal people are, unless they’ve really got a reason to be carrying guns.

On the other hand, I think, if Dean really wanted to be domestic, he’d be amazing at it. Because he’s so caring, he’d be a great boyfriend, husband, father, you name it. He’d do anything for the people he loves, as he’s already proved for the last five seasons.

“Possums kill, Sid.” HAHAHA oh, but sulfur. DEMON!

Oh, praise all the living things that Dean didn’t give up the Impala. I knew he couldn’t, but still. He’s driving a truck.

What the fuck is this? Azazel? What, what, WHAT?! WHAT?! AZAZEL! SAM! You just stabbed Dean with something. WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?

Dean was poisoned? Who poisoned him? What the hell? Oh, Sam gave him the antidote, I bet. Good Sam. But WHY THE HELL IS HE BACK HOW DID HE GET OUT OF THE CAGE?!

DEAN WHY IS YOUR SHIRT TUCKED IN?!

Sam’s been back a year?! I mean, shit, wait, I knew that, but still. UGH NO THIS IS NOT OKAY! I hope Dean punches him in the face.

“They’re more like family.” WHAT?! Like...Mary’s family? What the hell...

Oh shit. Mary’s dad...is he actually Mary’s dad? Is this real life? He was dead. HE WAS DEAD BECAUSE HE WAS AZAZEL AND HE DIED! He got resurrected, too?

Djinn? Like the scary things that captured Dean a few seasons ago? Fuck, the guy who was watching over them is dead. And Lisa and Ben got abducted. Shit. This is really not good. Ugh, Dean, bby, you’re so upset.

Did Bobby know about this? Was Dean the only one who didn’t know? I hate when people keep stuff from Dean. This sucks. I do not support Bobby and Sam keeping Dean out of the loop. I do not support it at all. I’m upset.

I hate that Lisa’s making him feel bad about wanting to protect her. I understand where she’s coming from, but still. I’ve never been a fan of guilting people into doing anything, and Lisa’s trying to guilt him into staying, and she’s using Ben as another way to do it. That’s not fair to Dean. Didn’t she know he was unhappy? As much as he could comb his hair and sleep in the same bed every night and lock the doors and hold a job, he wasn’t happy. There was no way he’d have lasted much longer, I don’t think. That’s not underestimating Dean at all. That’s overestimating his draw to Lisa.

“You’ve been out of the game for a while; leave it to the professionals.” Oh,  you did NOT just say that. Dean will kick your ass every time.

Also, is Sid going to have something to do with this? I don’t know why, I just don’t trust him.

Oh, the Djinn are over there. This is not good. Oh, and now the Djinn are there! UGH THIS SUCKS. Oh, Sid is dead. That is not good. Um, okay, this is bad. I don’t like it. And HAH! Dean’s golf clubs came in handy! Score one more for Dean. Oh, Dean, bby, you have to get up. You have to get over there. Lisa and Ben are fine. They can’t really be there. This is not really happening. This is all a hallucination. It’s got to be.

Come on, Dean, bby. Come on. Fight it. You can do it. Don’t let Sam lose. Go save your brother. The Djinn are crazy cool. They’re bad, but woah, they’re pretty awesome.

Also, is Samuel really bad? Please tell me he’s not. Please tell me he’s okay.

Dean, you’re such a standup guy. I can’t even believe that you’re going to go back to Lisa and Ben. And you’re giving Sam the Impala? That’s ridiculous. I just want Dean to go with them and to Hunt and leave Lisa and Ben and never come back to them.

I live a Sam Appreciation Life. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment