Aren’t swan songs like...bad?
Great. That’s reassuring. And they’re going to play Carry On My Wayward Son, too, aren’t they? I will commence crying...now.
Chuck is narrating the Impala’s history? I’m crying already.
“On April 21, 1967, the hundred millionth GM vehicle rolled off the line at the plant in Janesville. A blue 2-door Caprice. There was a big ceremony, speeches. The Lieutenant Governor even showed up. Three days later, another car rolled off that same line. No one gave two craps about her. But they should’ve. Because this 1967 Chevrolet Impala would turn out to be the most important car...no, the most important object in pretty much the whole universe. She was first owned by Sal Moriarty, an alcoholic with two ex wives and three blocked arteries. On weekends he’s drive around giving Bibles to the poor, ‘gettin’ folks right for Judgment Day,’ that’s what he said. Sam and Dean don’t know any of this, but if they did, I bet they’d smile. After Sal died, she ended up at Rainbow Motors, a used car lot in Lawrence, where a young Marine bought her on impulse. That is, after a little advice from a friend. I guess that’s where this story begins. And here’s where it ends.”
I am already crying. This is depressing. Oh, Dean. You sound so sad already. “I do know that if anyone can do it, it’s you.” ALL MY CREYS FOREVER!
Why is there so much blood? Is it demon blood? Is that why this is happening? Yes, it is. “Devil’s in Detroit.” What? ...Oh...The End, right? When Dean sees himself in 5 years, he meets the Devil in Detroit. Oh, boy.
Aw, Cas, bby, you’re sleeping in the backseat of the Impala. And you’re human. I’m torn between being sad and being suicidal.
“You know I’m not comin’ back. So you gotta promise me something.” “Okay, yeah. Anything.” “You gotta promise not to try to bring me back.” Oh, Sam. Sammy. You’re sending Dean to an apple pie life where he won’t be happy. HE WON’T BE HAPPY BECAUSE HE WON’T HAVE YOU IN HIS LIFE THIS IS AWFUL!
This is the most depressing thing I’ve ever seen. “When he gets in, you fight him tooth and nail, you understand? Keep swinging. Don’t give an inch.” Bobby.
“You take care of these guys, okay?” “That’s not possible.” “Then humor me.” “Oh, I’m supposed to lie. Uh, suure, they’ll be fine.” Cas, you’re adorable.
I cannot even with the Dean/Sam goodbye. I’m so sad. SO SAD. ALL MY SADS FOREVER AND MY CREYS AND WAHHHHHH
“Let’s go.” Shit. This is insanity. “Hey guys, is your father home?” Nice.
Oh, look at Lucifer. He’s scary looking. Mark Pellegrino, you’re amazing.
“The Impala, of course, has all the things other cars have. And a few things they don’t. But none of that stuff’s important. This is the stuff that’s important. The army man that Sam crammed in the ashtray: it’s still stuck there. The Legos that Dean shoved into the vents: to this day, heat comes on, they can hear them rattle. These are the things that make the car theirs. Really theirs. Even when Dean rebuilt her from the ground up, he made sure all these little things stayed. ‘Cause it’s the blemishes that make her beautiful. The Devil doesn’t know or care what kind of car the boys drive.”
I am crying. All of those memories? So perfect and sad and the music is making me really upset. Holy shit, did you see what Sam did to those demons? Amazing. I loveeee ittttttt. I LOOOVEEEE IIIITTTTTTT.
Shit, Sam’s not going to be Sam anymore. This is so bad. I can’t even...I LEGITIMATELY CANNOT!
No, Sam, NO! Don’t be Lucifer! SHIT FUCK SHIT SHIT SHIT SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT THIS IS HORRIBLE I CANNOT I CANNOT I CANNOT
...
I cannot breathe. I cannot think. I cannot...
...
Shit. Sam’s the Devil now. I’m IN A RAGE! THIS IS THE MADDEST I’VE EVER BEEN!
Woah, this is amazing. Sam in the mirror, and Lucifer as Sam. This is so depressing. But damn, Jared’s a good actor. This is awesome, but it’s HORRIBLE AND SCARY AND SAD!
Payback? What now? Who are those people? People who wronged Sam? Ugh, they were Azazel’s. Not just Brady, then. Ugh, this is HORRIBLE!
“You don’t have to be mean.” Cas, you’re awesome. “I suggest we imbibe copious quantities of alcohol...” Lovely.
Shit. I just want everything to be okay. Apocalypse is scary. Listen to the pain in Dean’s voice. They are all amazing.
Oh, Lucy killed all those people...
“In between jobs, Sam and Dean would sometimes get a day, sometimes a week, if they were lucky. They’d pass the time lining their pockets. Sam used to insist on honest work, but now he hustles pool. Like his brother. They could go anywhere and do anything. They drove a thousand miles for an Ozzie show, two days for a Jayhawks game. And when it was clear, they’d park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars. For hours. Without saying a word. It never occurred to them that, sure maybe they never really had a roof or four walls, but they were never, in fact, homeless.”
ALL OF MY CREYS FOREVER! Chuck, you are ruining me. “That’s a good line.” Yes, yes it is. “Mistress Magda.” Adorable. I love you, Chuck.
“Tomorrow, high noon, place called Stall Cemetery.” Oh, it all has to end where it started, in Lawrence. This is sad. So they have to get from Detroit to Lawrence overnight.
“The only thing you’re going to see out there is Michael killing your brother.” “Well, then I ain’t gonna let him die alone.” OH DEAN, BBY! DEANNNN I JUST WANT TO LOVE YOU FOREVER!
How are they going to stop this? What are they going to do? “You’re a monster, Lucifer, and I have to kill you.” That’s what I have to say from their whole thing. It’s really interesting to see Sam and Adam face off, even though technically I guess it’s Michael and Lucifer.
IMPALA!!! DEAN! Is it wrong that as soon as the song started up in the Impala, I covered my mouth and laughed. I grew up listening to that song (thank my stepdad for that). Dean, bby, your eyes are beautiful. By the way.
“Dean, even for you, this is a whole new mountain of stupid.” “I’m not talking to you, I’m talking to Sam.” This is amazing.
ASSBUTT! ALL MY CREYS FOREVER AND ALWAYS I AM CASTIEL AND HE IS ME AND WE ARE THE SAME PERSON HE IS PERFECT AND HE SAID ASSBUTT AND EVERYTHING IS GOING TO HURT BUT IT’LL BE OKAY BECAUSE CASTIEL SAID ASSBUTT!
Welp, Michael’s gone. Does that mean Adam’s dead? I hope not.
“Assbutt?” I love that Dean questions it.
“Castiel, did you just Molotov my brother with holy fire?” “Uh...no...” “No one dicks with Michael but me.” Uh oh. CASTIEL JUST BLEW UP HE IS GONE WHAT THE HELL CAS NO YOU CAN’T DIE! BOBBY NO YOU CAN’T DIE TOO!
All the bad things are happening. So much punching. “Sammy, it’s okay. It’s okay, I’m here. I’m not gonna leave you.” Oh, Dean...
SAM COME ON YOU CAN FIGHT HIM!
UGH ALL THE SAM AND DEAN AND THE HUG AT THE END OH MY GOD I AM SOBBING!
Yes, Sam. You did it! Come on. Come on. Evrything hurts and I am so sad, but Sam fought him. Sam fought the evil and won. COME ON, PLEASE! SAM! PLEASE! Sam, you’re taking Michael with you. Sam, you are beautiful. Sammy, you have all of my love forever.
Dean...bby. Cas is there for you. And he’s an angel again. “Cas, are you God?” “That’s a nice compliment, but no. Although I do believe he brought me back. New and improved.” Jesus. What is this show doing to me?
“Endings are hard. Any chap-assed monkey with a keyboard can tap out a beginning, but endings are impossible. You try to tie up every loose end, but you never can. The fans are always gonna bitch, there’s always going to be holes, and since it’s the ending, it’s all supposed to add up to something. I’m telling you, they’re a raging pain in the ass.”
Dean’s coming after God now? Well, yeah, I can see that. “What would you rather have? Peace, or freedom?” Ugh. Cas.
“This is the last Dean and Bobby will see of each other for a very long time. And, for the record, at this point next week, Bobby will be hunting a Rugaru outside of Dayton. But not Dean. Dean didn’t want Cas to save him. Every part of him, every fiber he’s got wants to die, or find a way to bring Sam back. But he isn’t gonna do either. Because he made a promise. So what’s it all add up to? It’s hard ot say. But me, I’d say this was a test. For Sam and Dean. And I think they did all right. Up against good, evil, angels, devils, destiny, and God Himself. They made their own choice. They chose family, and, well...isn’t that kinda the whole point? No doubt, endings are hard, but then again, nothing ever really ends, does it? The end.”
I don’t want Dean to be with Lisa. I think she’s just what he thinks he should want. But listen to his voice. He is absolutely destroyed by this. But she’s wrong. It’s not okay. It’s never going to be okay, because Dean doesn’t have Sam anymore.
Ugh, Chuck disappeared. Is he in Heaven now?
Sam? SAM WHAT THE FUCK YOU’RE ALIVE AND YOU CAN SEE WHAT’S HAPPENING AND DEAN WENT TO LISA LIKE YOU TOLD HIM TO BUT WHY IS HE BACK?!
So...this is the point in my blogs where I talk about the season as a whole. I know that this was supposed to be the series finale, and I also know that it didn’t end up that way. I’ve heard a lot of controversy about whether it should have been or not, but I’m not going to weigh in on that.
I loved this season. I adored it. It made me cry and I wanted to throw things on several occasions. I can’t even begin to express how this show makes me feel. The acting was amazing this season, just a stellar cast and ugh, I just...
This show is amazing. I cannot even anymore.
I live a Supernatural Appreciation Life. I live a SPN Cast Appreciation Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment