Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 19: Hammer of the Gods (SPOILER BLOG)

HOORAY GABRIEL IS BACK. My little archangel.

The Elysian Fields are the conception of the afterlife in Greek mythology. Originally, it was only for mortals who were related to gods, but then the gods extended it to heroes and chosen ones and such. Supernatural, it’s times like these that I LOVE YOU.

HEY KALI WHAT’S UP GIRL YOU LOOKING FINE

Dean stealing Sam’s chocolate made me smile so big. The last episodes had me in so much pain, I’m basking in the sweetness of this moment. Dean acting like a little kid and swiping candy and giggling. I adore him with every fiber of my being.

Mercury is such a tribute to Lloyd the bartender from “The Shining”. He’s got the red jacket and the bow tie and the smiley attitude.

MERCURY. HERMES. I LOVE GREEK MYTHOLOGY. HE’S THE MESSENGER AND HE HAS WINGS ON HIS FEET. GODDAMNIT SUPERNATURAL I ADORE YOU.

Okay, so Ganesh is Hindu (he has an elephant head, LOL) and so is Kali, Odin is the chief Norse god, Baldr is norse as well, and Baron Samedi is the Voodoo King. I think I’ve mentioned this before (way back in Season 1, during Scarecrow) that one of my favorite things about Supernatural is that EVERYTHING exists. There’s no conflict of religion. Like how Baldr calls it, “The Judeo-Christian Apocalypse”. All the gods have their own versions of this.

Fuck yeah, Kali is the god of destruction. Love her. She is the fiercest.

GABRIEL BABYCAKES HE MAKES THE BEST ENTRANCES. I watched Gabriel zap them into muteness like eight times.

Interesting. Loki is Norse, and he’s a shapeshifter god. I guess that’s why Gabriel chose him as his alter-ego or whatever.

OMG KALI LOVES HIM SO MUCH.

Dean: You know what? Bite me, Gabriel.
Gabriel: Maybe later, big boy.

If I wasn’t so busy shipping the crap out of Dean and Cas, this might appeal to me.

Say uber-boning again. SAY IT AGAIN.

Dean: How about you do what we say, or we tell the Legion of Doom about your secret identity? They don’t seem like a real pro-angel kind of crowd.
Gabriel: I’ll take your voices away.
Dean: We’ll write it down.
Gabriel: I’ll cut off your hands.
Dean: Well, then people are gonna be asking, ‘Why are you guys running around with no hands?’

DEAN IS SO GOOD AT ARGUING WITH ANGELS.

Shipping Gabriel/Kali forever. I adore them.

WHAT ARE THE GHOSTFACERS DOING IN THIS EPISODE

“Westerners, I swear. The sheer arrogance. You think you’re the only ones on Earth? You pillage and you butcher in your god’s name. But you’re not the only religion, he’s not the only god. And now you think you can just rip the planet apart? You’re wrong. There are billions of us, and we were here first. If anyone gets to end this world... it’s me.”

Only an angel can kill another angel. Sorry, Kali.

GAH I LOVE GABRIEL.

Gabriel: Dean! Don’t look at me! Act natural!
Dean: There is nothing natural about this at all! I thought you were dead!
Gabriel: You think I’d give Kali my real sword? That thing can kill me!

Dean and Gabriel are very similar. They mask their pain with humor and swagger. But they both care so much for their families.

Lucifer, you’re such a sweet little thing. One fallen angel just murdered all of those gods. Holy hell.

Baldr: You think you own the planet? What gives you the right?
Lucifer: No one gives us the right. We take it.

YAY GABRIEL LUCIFER SHOWDOWN.

Gabriel: Lucifer, you’re my brother and I love you. But you are a great big bag of dicks.
Lucifer: What did you just say to me?
Gabriel: Look at yourself. Oh, boo hoo. Daddy was mean to me so I’m going to smash up all his toys.
Lucifer: Watch your tone.
Gabriel: Play the victim all you want. But you and me? We know the truth. Dad loved you best. More than Michael, more than me. Then he brought the new baby home, and you couldn’t handle it. So all of this is just a great big temper tantrum. Time to grow up.
[...]
Lucifer: So, you’re willing to die for a pile of cockroaches. Why?
Gabriel: Because Dad was right. They are better than us.
Lucifer: They are broken, flawed abortions!
Gabriel: Damn right, they’re flawed. But a lot of them try to do better. To forgive.

NO LUCIFER NO. DON’T KILL MY BB. AUGH GABRIEL NO HIS BEAUTIFUL WINGS.

This entire scene with Gabriel and Lucifer breaks my heart. Whenever Gabriel is around, I remember how much the angels act like an actual family. They get jealous over who Dad loves the most, they fight amongst themselves, they love each other deeply. Lucifer looks so pained when he kills Gabriel. He’s in tears. It almost makes you pity him a little bit. Almost.

It really brings the parallel of Dean/Sam and Michael/Lucifer even closer together. Both stories are really just about two brothers who love each other deeply but have to kill each other in the end. One loyal to an absent father, the other the rebel who got kicked out. It’s just so poignant. I love it.

This just became a hunt for Horcruxes. Just sayin’.

‘Sup, Pestilence. You are such a disgusting motherfucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment