Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 2: Two and a Half Men (SPOILER BLOG)

The Shifter baby episode! So weird.

Ben: You had your own rifle when you were my age!
Dean: Ben, mark my words, you will never, ever shoot a gun.

AHH THE PENULTIMATE EPISODE WHEN BEN HAS TO SHOOT THAT DEMON. It sucks. I obviously don’t blame Dean, but it’s terrible when he makes promises that he can’t keep.

WOAH SOMETIMES DEAN IS AN AWESOME DAD AND SOMETIMES HE IS AWFUL. This hurts me in so many ways. I’m feeling a lot of John-induced-bitterness right now. Dean doesn’t know how to be a good dad. He doesn’t know how to talk to kids, how to discipline them, without getting angry and yelling. DAMN YOU JOHN WHY WEREN’T YOU BETTER TO YOUR BOYS.

HAHA I love how Soulless!Sam is like, “Oh. A kid. Dean has a kid. Dean will help.”

Sam: Huh.
Dean: Shut it.
Sam: I just said ‘huh’.
Dean: I just said ‘shut it’.

SOULLESS!SAM DOES NOT LIKE BABIES.

I love/hate that Dean’s first instinct is to name their fake-son ‘Bobby’ while Sam’s is to name him ‘John’. It’s clear where there loyalties lie now.

I LOVE WATCHING DEAN TAKE CARE OF A BABY. MY HEART IS SO FULL OF HAPPINESS.

There are many things I should say about this conversation between Sam and Dean, but I can’t even. Talking about the Winchester Childhood hurts way, way too much.

I can understand how Jensen says it was really difficult for him to play off of Jared’s Soulless!Sam. Soulless!Sam acts nothing like real Sam. And for Jensen, that must have been really difficult for him to try to be brothers with a man who didn’t have a soul.

Ugh. Skinwalkers/shapeshifters are NOT FUN. THEY ARE GROSS. Actually, that’s racist. All the one we meet happen to be gross.

Soulless!Sam is terrifying to me. I know he could be a lot scarier, because he’s not necessarily evil, but it reminds me of the What Is And What Should Never Be ‘Verse where Sam just wasn’t the Sam that we knew and recognized. We know Sam too well by this point to let little slips in his character go like this.

I don’t think this is realistic. If Lisa was on her own, it would be okay for her to say “Oh, yeah, drop by when you can, let’s do this long distance”, but does she really want Ben growing up with that kind of instability in his life? Hmm.

YES BABY IS BACK I MISSED HER FOR ONE EPISODE NEVER LEAVE HER AGAIN DEAN. That is true love right there. Fuck Dean/Lisa, fuck Wincest, fuck Destiel (OMG I SAID IT), right now I am all about Dean/Impala. I will never ship anything else ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment