The Sam/Dean angst starts off early in this episode. We’ve finally learned that it was a demon that killed Mary and Jess (THE YELLOW EYED DEMON GAH) and that wherever John is, the demons are everywhere. You know what, John? Demons are everywhere everywhere. As in, all over the country, at Stanford, following the Winchesters around. This is evidenced by Sam meeting Meg, a.k.a. the worst demon ever. Actually, Ruby is probably the worst, but Meg is up there. There’s nothing I hate more than a demon who pretends to be normal or nice. At least Azazel knows he’s a dick.
One of my favorite parts of SPN-verse is that everything exists. There’s no conflict of religion or whatever. There’s the whole Christian theology of God and angels and hell and demons, but pagan gods are also powerful and plentiful. It’s interesting to think of God being the “Father” who has all the angels, but Eve is the “Mother” who has all the demons and other nasty beasts. We’re all one big, happy, supernatural family here on planet Earth.
Another thing I love in episodes of Supernatural is when Sam and Dean are trying to convince people to save themselves and the people are super skeptical. Then later they’re about to die and the Winchesters show up and save their asses. I don’t know about you, but if a guy as fine as Dean Winchester came up to me and told me that demons or pagan gods or vampires were real, I’d be like, “Definitely. Carry me away in your manly arms and save me from the bad guys.” So I don’t know what these people are thinking.
Emily was definitely having some pro-Dean feelings. I saw her with her arm around him.
Mostly I’m happy that Sam got to be the hero for once. He has some douchey moments, but he came back for Dean and that means a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment