Total Pageviews

Friday, May 27, 2011

Sarah Watches: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 3: Bloodlust


First thought upon seeing the title of this episode: more vampires? I’m down, I guess.

Um...okay. More hooks hurting people? And...beheading?

I love that the Impala gets her own set of shots, like “hells yeah, she’s back, bitches!” Dean is so happy to be driving her again.

Oh, my GOD! Silence of the Lambs references cracking me up! Plus, Dean’s face as he says them? Priceless!

OHHHHHHHH I forgot that vampires are only really dead when they’re beheaded! Duhhhh! I smacked myself in the forehead when I realized it. This guy is going to get himself into real trouble if Sam and Dean don’t help him. I mean, granted, he’s killed two vampires already, but seriously...one wrong move and it’s his head that’s going to get sliced off. See? Good thing Sammy was there to pull you out from under a saw, hm?

I feel like Dean beheading that vampire is a really momentous occasion. It’s his first hunt since he almost died (for real), and I think he’s kind of torn between enjoying it and freaking out about it. And now he’s drowning himself in a little bit of drink. Meanwhile, Sam’s all freaking out and not enjoying it at all.

Something’s not right about this guy. His sister’s a vampire, isn’t she. Isn’t she... Oh no. That’s not going to go well later. Even Ellen says that Gordon is a great hunter but he’s not good for people around him.

“There’s no maybe. Find the bad thing and kill it.” Totally disagree. And I don’t think the Winchesters would really agree, either. Not since the ‘bad thing’ possessed their father and Sam didn’t shoot him. Gordon is trying to like...psych Dean out. I’m not pleased with this, at all. And Gordon...I really don’t trust him. Really, really don’t trust him.

“Take him back and work on him.” What? What the crap does that mean? Nothing good, I’m sure.

I love Sammy. I really love him. Especially for his speech to Dean. That was brilliant, and if Dean was less of an ass, he’d listen. Sam’s right! At least in this case.

Oh, I Like Lenore. I don’t want her to die. That totally sucks. She’s pretty awesome. And why does Gordon just happen to have Dead Man’s Blood? I mean, I guess I could make a case for the fact that he’s been hunting them for a long time. But woah. He’s an asshole.

Dean better jump in. I swear, there’s no way he can watch someone point a knife at Dean. Holy...shit. Gordon killed his own sister? Wow. This guy is ridiculous. Of course they’re going to want his blood. They’re vampires. They don’t stop wanting human blood. But they’re trying to be different. Up until this guy decided to make Sam’s blood drop onto her face, they were succeeding.

Pretty fucking awesome of her to say no. I knew I liked her. And Dean...why would you trust Gordon after all that? Come on. Let’s go. Dean, you’re not a killer. I mean, you are, but not like Gordon. You only kill the evil things. You only kill evil things! That was nice walking him into the door frame, though. Good one, Dean.

That was a hell of a punch. Sam approves. Look at his face. He totally approves. I won’t lie and say I didn’t rewind so I could see it again.

“Yeah, Dean, but you didn’t, and that’s what matters.” Exactly. Such shades of grey, seriously. But it’s character development. I mean, last season (it’s weird to say that haha) Dean wouldn’t have hesitated. He’s right. Daddy brought them up to shoot first and ask questions later. Overturning that was such a big theme of this episode. I’m glad that Lenore proved Dean wrong, and I’m glad that Dean proved himself wrong. Like I said: character development.

The title ‘Bloodlust’ was apt, I think. Not only because it was about vampires, but because of Gordon’s nature, and also Dean’s. Interesting parallel.

Moral of this story? Never trust anyone who drives an El Camino. They suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment