This is one of the three episodes I’ve seen already, but honestly, all I remember is Cory Monteith pre-Glee acting really scared. Then I got scared and I think I blocked it all out.
#creepytitlesarecreepy
JESS!!!! You’re going to DIEEEE
I love that Dean gets so pissed whenever Sam talks about their Mom and says she’s never coming back. It’s such a moment between them.
Blackwater Ridge. Cory Monteith? YES! bby Cory! Oop, now Cory’s getting pulled out of the tent, and then WOAHHHHHH so many things are happening and I’m just not sure of what they are!
Annnndddd....scene.
Dean and Sam are still trying to find their dad, and he's led them to this place where they find a mysterious monster creature (do I detect a hint of a theme here?) called the Wendigo, and the lore is pretty scary. A person who becomes a cannibal when they have no other supplies and then eats other people is scary. I spend a lot of time camping over the summer, and this TERRIFIES me. Absolutely bloody terrifying.
They don't find their dad, but they do reunite one of the hikers who was with Cory Monteith at the beginning with his brother and sister, who are the only family he has. There's such a similarity between the sister, Haley, and Dean. Older siblings taking care of the younger ones, willing to do anything to get their kid brother back (even though I'm not sure Tommy was really Haley's younger brother. She certainly treated him like one, so there you have it). It was really interesting symmetry, and I'm glad we're getting a bit more insight into both Sam and Dean. I'd be worried if they were all sass and no action.
So I feel like in this episode, there was a bit of a personality switch. In the first episode, I felt like Dean was the one who was all moody and crazy and "shoot first, ask questions later," and that's still true to some extent, but Sam does a lot of crazy off-the-cuff stuff in this episode. It adds to his Danger!factor, I think. *nods*
Dean's definitely much sillier than Sam is so far, and Sam just seems really sad about Jess. I mean, who wouldn't be upset about that? She got killed the same way Sam's mother did and her blood dripped on his forehead and it was creepy and scary and just one of the many parallels in this show so far.
I love how matter-of-fact Dean is about all the hunting, whereas I think Sam just still needs to accept it for what it is and go with it. They'll get to where they need to be eventually.
The writing is much better in this episode; there wasn't as much straight explanation, except really about the Wendigo itself, but I guess now that the pilot got all that pesky backstory out of the way, we could really get into the meat of a story. I think that direct explanations regarding the supernatural stuff is just going to be something I'll have to live with, since I think it'll probably be like that in most (if not all) of the forthcoming episodes.
Another thing I was thinking about during this episode is that Jared and Jensen are both from Texas, and so am I. This seems unrelated to my post, and it mostly is, I just wanted to point out that men like Jared and Jensen are part of the reason why Texan men are the best kind of men. I also wanted to point out that I'll be spending the next three months in Texas. I'll try and meet men like that. Wish me luck.
Oh, and moar Jeffrey Dean Morgan, please? I wuv him. XDXD
No comments:
Post a Comment