The first thing I’m going to say right off the bat is I hate Cassie. I really, really do. NOTE: Is it because I can’t see Dean with anyone other than Castiel? Eh. Maybe. But... Cassie? Cas? Sounds like there’s a pattern... (Cough cough Destiel is canon). Basically, I think that if Cassie and Dean were really right for each other, he would have stayed, hunting be damned. But he loves the job (at least now) and he knows he's saving people and if he settled down now, he would miss it. There will be time for settling down, a.k.a Lisa (who I have extremely mixed feelings about, but we'll get to that).
Dean is so sweet in this episode. I love how gruff he is whenever Sam tries to ask him questions about his love life, but he really did love Cassie and she basically told him he was crazy and to get out of her life. Even after that, he can still want to be with her and cuddle with her in bed forever. He was clearly enjoying the cuddling, by the way. It was obvious. Seriously, I LOVE DEAN. I don’t know if I’ve made it obvious (that’s a lie, I know I’ve made it obvious) but I love him so much, it’s kind of disturbing. So when he gets all misty over a girl, I can’t help but feel for him. That’s probably why I don’t like Cassie, because I don’t like people who hurt Dean. NO. HURTING. DEAN. (Which doesn’t exactly explain why I ship Dean/Cas, because our angel of the Lord has not been very angelic lately... more on this later).
Anyway, I know I obsess about Dean (a lot) but I have to give some love to Sammy in this episode. He’s all younger-brother-ish about the whole “Dean in love” thing, which was precious, and he totally figured out that ghost car/hallowed church ground thing by himself in about a minute, which is pretty damn impressive. I get the feeling that if I was put in this situation, I would stare at the phone like an asshole, thrown it in the lake, and run screaming in the other direction. So, well done, Sam. It’s nice to see you acting nice and smart and not angry or bitter or hyped up on demon blood. (If there is one thing I am not looking forward to in this rewatch, it’s watching Sam go demon-blood-crazy again. For serious. NO. DO NOT WANT. HE IS SO CUTE RIGHT NOW. His little baby haircut and dimples...)
This episode really dealt with some heavy racial themes, which was interesting to see. I don’t watch a lot of TV that brings up race (unless its in a humorous way), so I’m always glad when a show is brave enough to build a storyline around it. The music that was playing while Cassie’s mom was telling the story was very unlike the music they usually play, so it had a very different feel than other scenes that have been like this. The music is typically very ominous and eerie, but this score was so soft and sad, it really accompanied the horrible story she was telling very well. Especially the part with the church choir children who were killed... it’s terrible that other men were killed by Cyrus, but there’s something really, really sick about killing children.
Small note: WHERE DID THEY GET A TRACTOR? Supernatural, sometimes I just don’t know about you. Here’s how I picture that conversation:
Winchesters: Hey townspeople, might we borrow a tractor perchance?
Townspeople: For what purpose, family friends slash insurance men?
Winchesters: Why, for hauling a truck out of a lake so that we may salt and burn the bones of a man who has been missing from your town for forty years and by missing we mean dead at the bottom of a lake, of course!
Townspeople: Have at it! Here’s a tractor! Get to your hauling! Haul away!
Eh. I guess it could happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment