All I can think of is in one of the Harry Potter movies, I think it’s the Prisoner of Azkaban, when the choir is singing and they have those giant frogs, and they’re singing “Double, double, toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble. Something wicked this way comes.” And the frogs ribbit really loudly...
My brain...
Did that thing, whatever it is with the weird handprint, the Striga, try to get Sammy before? That’s kind of what the flashback and Dean’s face suggest. If it’s the same one that John fought and it got away, I wonder how crazy this thing is. Oh, Dean’s flashbacks are kind of heartbreaking.
This kid Michael is like a mini version of Dean. Taking care of his younger brother, Asher, while the parent is busy working. New insight into Dean, though. John freaked out on him, so it kind of makes sense that it would have messed him up a little. Shit.
Michael is really brave. I’m a younger sister, so I’ve never really had anyone younger than me who I would do anything for, but still, I know how my sister acted when we were kids, and how she still acts. She used to beat me up all the time, drag me across the floors of our house by my ankles (playing, of course), and give me Indian burns, but any time I was upset, she’d offer to beat up whoever upset me. And I think it works that way in reverse, too. My sister is the only person who I would do absolutely anything for. I’d do a lot for my parents or any other member of my family, but my sister? Yeah, I’d do anything for her.
Oh, hell, there’s no way Dean’s going to let this Striga get his brother a second time. No freaking way.
In conclusion, I think this was a really great episode. I want Michael to become a Hunter now, though. Any other kid would have screamed their lungs out and ran away when the Striga came at him, but not Michael. I’m glad Dean got to kill the Striga and keep Sammy safe.
“I can’t use this ID.” “Why not?” “It says Bikini Inspector!”
I love this show.
No comments:
Post a Comment