Okay, seriously, as I was writing down the title of this episode, I saw a combination of Edward Scissorhands and Captain Hook in my head. Is it bad that I want that to happen?
No? Oh, well it would be kind of funny, I think.
Why does every kind of TV show in existence make it seem like sorority girls are sluts? “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.” “There’s nothing you wouldn’t do.” I mean, come on, what is that? I hate stereotypes, but I guess they come from truth in most cases.
Anyway, I’m tired of the “sorority sluts” thing. It bothers me. Meh.
Oh holy shit. That guy has a hook attached to his hand. Or in place of his hand. I would be keysmashing if I didn’t know that I’m just not prepared for what’s going to happen.
Nails on a chalkboard sound will never be the same for me. This show and Doctor Who make me so afraid of everything in existence.
Did that guy seriously turn invisible? Oh, jeebus. NO! HE’S ALREADY IN THE CAR, DON’T LOCK IT! Stupid idiot, what the hell are you doing?!
Well, suffice it to say, I’m pretty sure Rich is dead now. *nods* Was he missing a hand, too? Is the hook man going to try and make a new hand for himself?
I love that Dean and Sam always get the other one to do something by saying that ‘Dad would have checked it out,’ or ‘Dad would have thought it was interesting.’ That’s such an interesting concept. It’s realistic, I think. I know that my sister gets me to do things sometimes by saying that our mom would want us to do it. Makes sense that two dudes would do the same thing.
Sam and Dean have such an interesting connection. Like, Sam makes eye contact with Laurie, the reverend’s daughter in the church, so of course it makes sense that he’d be the one to talk to her. That leaves Dean to be the distraction, to draw the reverend away so Sam can talk to Laurie. But they switch off, too, so Sam’s not always the one talking to victims and such. In regular cop dramas and stuff like that, there’s always one cop or detective or investigator who does the talking, and the other one goes off and does their own kind of investigating. Not this show. I like...
Uh oh. Daddy/daughter rifts never work out when people are getting killed. And there’s scary music and scratch marks on the wall, which means that someone’s dead or about to die. Trigger freak-out: now.
The way they deliver information in this show makes me laugh so much. I’m trying not to place too much importance on the writing in this show, because I’m enjoying it despite the often not-so-awesome lines, but sometimes it’s just ridiculous. Paraphrased lines, as closely as I can remember.
Sam: Buckshot won’t do much good if it’s a spirit.
Dean (handing him something): Rock salt.
Sam: Rock salt being a spirit deterrent. (launches into an information dump)
Honestly? You can’t do better than that? Come on. I guess Jared and Jensen can pass off lines like pros, so it’s not so noticeable unless you’re really looking for it, but really? I have to be honest, though. The one-liners in this show made me laugh every time.
Holy crap. Laurie’s roommate is dead. I knew someone was dead or going to die. I knew it! The message on the wall made me afraid both of the dark and to turn on lights. Thank jeebus the ones in my living room were already on.
“Aren’t you glad you didn’t turn on the light”
Holy mother of jeebus. Freaking INSANE! WHAT IS THIS SHOW?!?!?! It was in the room with her the whole time. I’m absolutely freaked out.
And what’s that little drawing or whatever on the wall, under the message? Sam and Dean will info dump on us in a few minutes, worry not.
Oh, Dean. You’re such a dude. *shakes head* He and Sam play off each other so well. I love that there’s nothing easy about this show, too. It makes it much more enjoyable to watch.
So Dean found the preacher guy, Jacob Cairns. Now he’s got to burn him and put rock salt on him? Or something like that? Greeeattt, I’m sure the dead guy’s spirit is going to like that.
Uh oh, Reverend Daddy is having an affair with a married woman? That doesn’t seem like a good sign. “If you do something bad, you will get punished.” Shit. I’m not sure that Sam needed to hear that.
Oh, dear GOD! Sam, why are you kissing her! Stop it! Good for you. It’s like you listened to me. Good boy. Holy CRAP! I’m so unprepared for this show. The hook guy got Reverend Daddy! Get him, Sam! And Dean, you need to show up right now. Like...now now.
Oh, wait. The Hook Guy is latching on to LAURIE! Oh, jeebus. And his hook is still out there. Now I’m having a vision of a hook crawling around on the floor, kind of like the hand in the Addams Family. Excellent. I’m not sure whether to be excited about that or scared.
What do you make a melted-down hook into? A cross, probably. Something cross-like. That’s my bet. Aw, shit. Hook Guy is there. That’s the only person it could be. Okay, or the person who Hook Guy is latched onto. But Hook Guy is coming for Laurie now, I guess. Oh shit. The lights went out. Awesome.
...Not.
Hook Guy is freaking me out. He’s freaking everywhere! And now he’s punching Sam. Greeeeaaattt.
I love it when Dean saves the day. But the scratching the walls crap is making me crazy. Woahhh...it’s melting him... This show is totally crazy. And yeah, the silver thing that they made the hook into was the cross necklace that Laurie wore. Called that one.
I’m a little disappointed in Sam for obviously wanting, if only just a little bit, to stay with Laurie. She seems pretty nice, despite the whole ‘summoning a bad spirit Hook Guy’ thing, but she’s obviously not what he needs, and I’m glad he realizes it. As for Dean, he wants Sam to be happy, and I’m beginning to suspect that he’d rather Sam was happy than if he himself was, if they’re mutually exclusive. Oh, Dean, you romantic...
No comments:
Post a Comment