Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sarah Watches: Supernatural Season 1, Episode 1: Pilot.

So, I just watched my first episode of Supernatural, and WOAH! I'm in love.

First, though, I just have to kind of introduce everything. So Liz and I decided that we're going to watch a whole host of shows this summer, starting with Supernatural, moving into Grey's Anatomy, Lost, and then who knows what, and we wanted to make a blog with entries for every episode.

So yeah. Supernatural. The things I knew before starting this show. I'm a little spoiled on some things because of Liz and the fanfics (thanks Liz), but really, all I knew was that Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles are brothers and there's some supernatural stuff and eventually there's some Misha Collins in there, too.

I've seen the first three episodes before, but it was about a year ago and my internet was shitty, which is why I didn't finish watching the rest of the seasons. I didn't remember much, so I was freaking out from the beginning.

Mary seemed so lovely, and I wanted to see her so much, but then...SHE DIES?! THE FUCK?! Seriously?! Not funny.

Then there's some Sam giving epic backstory: "(paraphrased) Dean, we had hard childhoods! When I was 9 Dad gave me a .45 and was like 'shoot some shit,' when he should have been telling me not to be scared of the dark!"

And Dean, being his sassy self (Jensen/Dean, you are AMAZING!) says, "Well shit, Sammy, you should be afraid of the dark! You of all people know what's out there!" Because that's not dramatic enough. Thank you, Dean.

They go adventuring to find a Woman in White (I was completely clueless on what that was until Sam filled us in. Thanks for giving us a textbook version, Sam. -_-), and that's a pretty creepy visual in itself, a woman wandering roads at night looking for unfaithful men. Add in the business about her killing her children and then trying to force herself on Sam so that he'll be unfaithful to Jess and you've got a bitch I wanted to slap.

When she reached into Sam's chest, I was freaking out, like for reals, girl, what are you doing. Freaking crazy as shit, right...*shudders* Luckily, Dean saves the day (after Sam helps him escape from prison) by shooting the Woman in White chick, and Sam drives the Impala (IMPALAAAAA) into the chick's house, she goes away, blah blah blah, they still have to find their daddy, whatever.

Jess dying made me want to cry. WHAT DID SHE EVER DO TO YOU, SCARY THING THAT KILLED HER?! But now Sam and Dean are together (FOREVER!!!!), and I'm more than ready to watch the next episode.

More on Dean. I LOVE HIM! Enough said. Okay, kidding, but seriously, he's hilarious and sassy and SO MANLYYYYY I just love him to bits already and I only remember the first episode.

My thoughts on the writing...it's not so great. I've been warned about this. It's a little cheesy. I've also been warned about that. But I can get past that, because this show is interesting and I love supernatural stuff (no puns, people).

I need more Supernatural. Right. Now.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment