Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 1, Episode 8: Bugs (SPOILER BLOG)

NO.
NO.
NO.

BUGS. When that spider crawled down the realtor’s face, I shrieked.

I can actually already sense the beginnings of Dean’s deep, gravelly voice. Also, BITCHFACE. I’m sure Sam’s already pulled a couple in the season so far, but this one (after Dean decided to crash the BBQ) was very noticeable.

For some reason, it hit me in this episode more than others just how good Sam and Dean are. They do this hunting thing just because it’s right, not because they get anything out of it. Sometimes they’re doing it to find their dad, sometimes the monsters hunt them and they just have to defend themselves, but in episodes like these, they’re just scouring the papers for people to help.

“I’d take our family over normal any day.” Dean says this now, but he’s pretty good at the “normal family” thing once he goes back to Lisa and Ben.

This episode features implied Wincest. I do not approve.

In this episode, Sam meets another kid with daddy issues. Typical. It’s funny that in the Winchester family, Dean is seen as the “perfect” one, whereas Sam, who goes to Stanford and is on his way to law school, is seen as the failure. I also think it’s funny that Sam and Dean see things in such black-and-white terms. College or family. They don’t realize that a person can have both.

Final thought: I love the Winchester banter.

Dean: Do you want to flip a coin?
Sam: Dean, we have no idea what’s down there.
Dean: I’ll go if you’re scared. You scared?
Sam: Flip the damn coin.

No comments:

Post a Comment