Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 5: Simon Said (SPOILER BLOG)

For some reason, I feel like I should care more about this episode, and I just don’t. I don’t know why. I think the premise is interesting: more of Azazel’s “special children” and all that. I like Andy... a lot. It’s so rare we get a character who has powers and doesn’t use them for evil. Granted, he doesn’t exactly use them for good, either, but that makes him such a real character to me. He doesn’t go out of his way to save anyone using his powers; he just gets what he wants and lives his simple life.

I guess I’m just getting impatient. It seemed like things were happening so fast in Season 1, and now I’m tired of the brothers trying to solve the mystery. I just want them to figure it out so they can kill Azazel. I might also just be hellishly anticipating Season 4. I MISS CAS, OKAY? I’m also getting antsy about Dean keeping the secret about Sam much longer. Ellen said it best: no secrets or half-truths. They just lead to bad things.

Something interesting looking forward: I can’t believe that Sam ever goes dark side, considering how worried he is about it right now. He’s so scared that he’s a killer and that Azazel has somehow made him this way. Granted, he never really becomes a killer, just a demon-blood-addict, but still. When I think about how far Sam still has to go in his journey... whoo. I get goosebumps.

The only other thing I can think of mentioning in this blog is that I love Jo and Ellen. I honestly do. They are just the best. Ellen is like the mother they never had already, bless her. And Jo’s crush on Dean is practically tangible. It’s so precious. I would be like that around Dean, too. I’d be playing REO Speedwagon like a boss. Which leads me to my second favorite quote of the episode:

Dean: REO Speedwagon?
Jo: Damn right, REO. Kevin Cronin sings it from the heart.
Dean: He sings it from the hair. There’s a difference.

I love the Roadhouse, as well. I’ve said it before; I just think the hunter community is so cool. I also like to imagine in my headcanon that everybody in that bar knows who they are, so when they stroll in, everybody’s like, “Yeah, those are the Winchesters.”

My absolute favorite line of the episode is, of course, when Andy is mind-controlling the guy in the records room and says, “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for...” and Dean cracks up. Seriously, when did Dean find the time to watch all these movies he keeps referencing?

Also, Dr. Badass. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment