I only care about two things in this episode. Clowns don’t really scare me that much, so the whole supernatural story line was whatever.
Number One Thing I Care About: ELLEN. JO. ASH. I am so happy they’re here.
Waxing on this just a bit, I do want to say that I adore Ellen. I miss her. I think her death was very unfair. I basically ship her and Bobby with all my heart. The idea of her having something with John made me cringe (especially considering how Ellen’s husband died... Oh, John, how I despise you).
I also adore Jo. Of all the women for Dean, I like Jo best. I don’t necessarily see her and Dean together; I think of Jo as Dean’s little sister. I don’t know if it’s all the fanfiction I read that makes me feel this way, but there you have it. I think he loves her in his own way and it breaks his heart when she dies, but if she hadn’t died, I don’t think he had any romantic future with her. Despite this, I love her as a character and I miss her terribly.
And Ash is hilarious. That’s all.
Number Two Thing I Care About: Dean beating up the Impala. The entire time, I was shouting, “Stop hitting your girlfriend! Abusive relationship!”
It was nice to see him express himself (albeit violently) and I do think Sam is right in saying that Dean wasn’t dealing with John’s death. However, Sam doesn’t know what John said to Dean right before he died, and nobody’s getting over that little piece of news quickly. Half the reason I think Dean is so worried about Sam right now is that he’s scared that Sam is turning into the man he’ll have to kill one day, which terrifies him.
This episode did give me that nice brotherly teasing I’ve been craving. I love when Sam just leaves Dean out to dry when the carnies get all up in his face, and conversely I laughed so hard when Dean stole the normal chair so Sam had to sit in the clown one. The past episodes have been so serious, it’s nice to have fun with the boys again.
Favorite line of the episode is Sam awkwardly excusing himself from the Jo/Dean conversation: “Oh, yeah, um, I’ve gotta uh. I’ve gotta go. Over there. Right now.”
No comments:
Post a Comment