THE ROAD SO FAR... I am so emotional. Especially after that HEARTWRENCHING SEASON SIX FINALE, rewatching these episodes is just breaking my heart and healing it and breaking it all over again.
Oh, God. I can never hear “Carry On My Wayward Son”, in a Supernatural context or out, again without tearing up a little. The lyrics are just... augh. And I can drum along in the beginning and it’s just so wonderful and AHHH. Basically I love that song and it means so much to me now because of SPN and my darling Winchesters.
Meg’s monologue in the beginning makes me cringe.
“I’ve lied... a lot. I’ve stolen. I’ve lusted. And the other day, I met this man. A nice guy, you know. And we had a really good chat, sort of like this. Then I slit his throat and ripped his heart out through his chest. Does that make me a bad person?”
AND THEN HER EYES GO BLACK. The first time I saw this, I actually almost cried. She is the worst.
I don’t know if this is intentional, but I love the fact that the Winchesters are from Kansas. Wizard of Oz reference, anyone? The Winchesters are over the rainbow, witches and animated scarecrows and all. They need a wizard to help them get home.
My last blog was a giant John rant, so I’m not going to do that again, but his reaction to Sam’s powers upset me. I hate that he’s like, “You should have called!” Um, sweetheart? They did. Several times. You never picked up. You were in Lawrence and you didn’t see them. The fact that you don’t know what’s going on is purely your fault. I also can’t believe how naive John is about reality, considering what an amazing hunter he is. Does he really think that they can kill this one demon and then they’ll be happy again? Hell is full of demons, love. This, what you’ve created, can never be over. Sam can’t go back to school and Dean can’t have a family of his own, because they will always be hunted. Maybe not your fault entirely, but you made them into hunters and that’s not something you can get away from.
The brotherly love in this episode is beautiful. I love their chick-flick moment in the car (especially Dean’s reaction to it). Their conversation after they save the family from the fire twisted my heart so much. I especially love the role-reversal. In the very first episode, Dean slammed Sam up against the bridge for saying that their mother was never coming back. Now Sam is doing the same thing. I love how Sam says, “Don’t you say that! Not you!” He thought that Dean felt the same way he did and finding out that his brother has moved on is too much for him to bear. Dean breaks my heart in this scene as well, when he talks about how their family, the three of them, is all they have.
Favorite line of this episode: “If hunting this demon means you getting yourself killed, then I hope we never find the damn thing!” Dean is so amazing. He knows that finding the demon is important, but losing Sam would be far worse than letting the demon get away. Their mother is gone, Jess is gone, but Sam is still there, and Dean will do whatever it takes to make sure his brother is safe. True brotherly love.
No comments:
Post a Comment