Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 1, Episode 16: Shadow (SPOILER BLOG)

I HATE MEG. NO. NO. GET OUT. I’m hoping that if I yell that at my computer screen enough, she’ll just go away. Eh. No such luck. But seriously, can she just die already?

I’m a little miffed at Sam for being so cavalier about the whole leaving thing. Either he’s an idiot (arguable) or he’s an asshole, because obviously Dean would want him to stay after they finished killing the demon who killed Mary. As gruff as Dean is, he’s made it perfectly clear that he likes working with Sam more than on his own. Not to mention, they need each other. Is Sam content to go be at college and pretend the world is normal when he knows his brother is probably getting hurt or maybe killed somewhere? Still, am sad for him. He clearly wants to be normal so much, but the fact is, he isn’t. He has a destiny, as corny as it sounds. So stop whining, Sam. Shut up and do your job.

(I’m really way too hard on Sam. I should stop.)

Dean is such a child in this episode. Really. It’s funny, because as much as he doesn’t want to settle down and start one of his own, he is such a family man. He just wants him, his dad, and his baby brother cruising in the Impala, killing monsters together. It’s pretty adorable. In a similar vein, his adoration of his father is sweet but slightly over the top. He was almost bragging to Meg when he was telling her that his father was too good to fall for the trap and get killed by the Daevas. And then when they ran into him in the apartment, he was so apologetic for calling John in the first place... it was practically groveling. I see nothing wrong with respecting one’s elders, but I am uncomfortable when sons have to answer “yes, sir” to their fathers. Is this the military?

I don’t like John in general, but I like him in this episode. I’m glad he and Sam got to have a nice moment and a little bit of reconciliation.

Final notes: Dear Meg, DIE. Dear Sam, LOVE YOUR FAMILY MORE. Dear John, LOVE YOUR SONS MORE. Dear Dean... don’t change a thing, you’re perfect, love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment