If this episode centers around kids, I will literally shit a brick. I hate that crap because it scared me more than everything we’ve seen already combined. But it looks like I jumped the gun a little, so never mind. Think of that as a side note.
Okay, how many outfits do Sam and Dean have? State police now? They’re just doing it up, I guess. Gotta be prepared.
Oh...don’t even tell me Sam’s about to get abducted. Don’t even tell me. Oh, well, shit, of course he is. That’s just...that’s just SWELL! Excellent, and now Dean’s going to be all freaked out and stuff. I just can’t even explain how pissed off I am about this. Wow. Why Sam? Why the giant moose man?!
I was trying to find a way to bring this up, but I haven’t been able to until this episode. Sam and Dean’s last name. Winchester. First of all, I think it’s an awesome name. Second of all, I said the exact same thing this policewoman did when I heard it. “Like the rifle?” So, I’m from Texas, and it’s like gun country down here, so almost everyone has a gun, my dad included. And guess what his is? Yeah, a Winchester .30-30. A tiny bit of parallel there that I thought was funny.
That wasn’t the point of my story though. The point was that, even if you don’t have a gun down here, you know about them. At least like little facts. As someone who doesn’t particularly like guns, all the knowledge I have relates to other things. Particularly a little bit of lore about the Winchester mansion in California.
If you already know about it, feel free to skip this part or correct me on details I might not have gotten right. Most fans of Supernatural have probably already covered this, since it’s sort of relatable, but I think it’s interesting, and some people might not know.
Sarah Winchester, the wife of the actual Winchester gun guy, built this house until she died. Because a psychic told her to. The psychic told her that if she ever stopped building, the victims of Winchester arms would kill her. The actual story varies a little, but this is the one I heard. Since she was freaking rich as all get-out, she was able to build a giant house that had maze-like hallways and stairs to nowhere, so that the spirits wouldn’t find her.
Just think about that in relation to Supernatural for a second, will you? Interesting, isn’t it, that Sam and Dean Winchester are Hunters of supernatural stuff, no?
I hope you enjoyed story-time, now back to the show.
“Yeah, Dean. Kind of the black sheep of the family. Handsome, though.” Oh, Dean, you’re hilarious.
Okay, at least Sam’s alive, and we know Dean is going to search until he finds him, so the only hope is that Sam won’t die before that happens. I’m so glad that Dean is smart. I know that seems like a weird thing to say, but it needs to be said. He usually lets Sam take the reins on the whole ‘smarts’ stuff, but he’s so perceptive and intelligent. I’m not just saying that because I love Dean-even though I do-I’m saying that because he underestimates himself, and so do a lot of people.
God, I’m just amazed by the amount of emotions that Dean has for Sam. That seems like a weird thing to say, I know, but it’s true.
This feels like a Saw-type game to me. Like they’re giving Jenkins a knife and ‘setting him free’ so that they can hunt him. It’s like what some people do with big game. Import it so that they can hunt it. It’s a disgusting practice, and the fact that there are two men doing this to guys they’ve captured...I can’t even...
Oh, I don’t want anything to happen to Kathleen. I really really don’t want anything to happen to her. Crap. This is terrifying. When kids get involved, shit gets real. And now they’ve got Kathleen, there’s a creepy child, and it’s actually a family. Two brothers, their father, and the girl.
Everything about this family freaks me out, can I just say that. I can’t even give examples, it’s just everything. Like, what makes a family hunt people for sport? How is that in any way normal or acceptable or anything like that. And they have a jar of teeth. A. Jar. Of. Teeth. Disgusting. I think Missy freaks me out the most.
See, the thing I like about Dean is that he does everything with the same amount of verve. He just throws himself into it. Sam is much more wily and cautious, even though he’ll put all of himself into a fight, too. But he tries not to fight, and Dean’s just like, “First I’m going to kick your ass, then I’m going to kick your ass.” That’s not real. By that I mean that there just aren’t guys out there like that. Anyway, I got off topic. The thought that really brought this blabbering on was that if the family had wanted just a straight up, balls out fight from a Winchester, they should have picked Dean. No offense to Sammy. I love him dearly, but he would try to out-think these people. Which, admittedly, would probably work, if he was given enough time.
“Eat me. No, no no no wait, you actually might.” Always a joker, Dean.
Shit. Shooting anything in a cage is...ugh, this episode is pissing me off so much. At least Sam had that bracket and got the better of the son, Lee. Now he just has to get everyone free. Great. Come on, Sam. You can do it. I know you can.
Awesome out-thinking, Sammy, even if it wasn’t on purpose. I retract my earlier statement. You’re a fucking beast, and I love you for it.
Kathleen is going to kill this guy. I just know it. She’s going to shoot him. “Just tell me why.” “Because it’s fun.” Dear God. I get why she did it, I think. She gave him an out, too, a little bit. The father...She asked him why, but when the answer you get is “because it’s fun,” you’re going to go a little off the deep end. She probably wouldn’t have shot him if he hadn’t replied that way.
“I thought it would be easier, once I knew the truth. But it isn’t, really.” There are no lines in this show that are not completely calculated, especially the ones that have to do with information.
Shit. Well, people are fucking insane, that’s all I know. Excellent episode, crazy as all get-out, freaked me out, disgusted me. Yeah, awesome episode.
No comments:
Post a Comment