Oh, shit. An actual asylum? I have nightmares where I’m put in an asylum (don’t ask), and I always wake up really freaked out and paranoid. I was hoping that it would be figurative, not literal. No such luck, not with this show.
And why does everything bad always have to happen in the boiler room? It’s like a requirement or something, honestly. The policeman’s flashlight went out, now his partner isn’t with him. Crap. I hate this shit. He’s possessed by something. He’s got to be. Look at his face. Looketh at his face.
Oh, dear jeebus. He shot his wife. First five minutes of the show, already freaking me out. Excellent.
Oh, Dean. You have so much faith in your father, in the man who wasn’t there when you called him all broken up and freaked out. Poor thing. Sam has no such faith in John. I just feel so bad for both of them. Sam’s been let down his whole life, and Dean’s just hoping for something that makes sense.
Oh ho ho! I see what you did there with that policeman, Winchester brothers. And what the crap! Climb fences all the time, please. It’s awesome. That aside, I’m glad they’re going into the asylum during the day and not at night. I am in no way deluding myself into thinking they’re going to get off scott free right now. They’re going to have to go back at night, shit’s going to jump out and scare them, yadda yadda.
#sixthsensereference. Dean FTW. Also the Jack Nicholson references. Yay!
Ugh, asylums are so scary. Just imagining the things that psychiatrists used to do to their patients, to the people who were in their care. Dean’s reference to One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest is so on point. I did a lot of research for a sociology class on asylums and the way the patients were treated, and I watched that movie as a baseline of how Hollywood portrayed this kind of thing, even if it was based on a novel. And can I just say that it’s awful. Forgive my graphicness, but ice picks were shoved into eye sockets and brains got scrambled because psychiatrists thought that it was a way to cure depression or other mental illnesses. Awful.
Sam’s difficulty in talking about his ‘road trip’ with Dean is hilarious. And this guy shrinking him is amazing. So awesome.
First of all, I knew Sam and Dean were going to have to go to the asylum at night. Knew it. Second of all, why would you take someone on a date to an asylum where people are going crazy and bad things are happening, and then leave them alone? Good job, stupid idiot.
Oh boy. The girl who Gavin thought was Kat but who was actually someone really creepy and menacing and I’M FREAKING OUT! If someone else was here with me, I would be holding onto them for dear life.
Remind me why I’m willingly watching this show...please?
The spirit of that girl had wounds on her face. And I’m trying not to look at the screen so that I won’t freak out, but I can’t help it, and the music is making it worse. Kat is brave, I’ll give her that. She won’t leave without Gavin. Hopefully he’s not dead or something. Oh, good, he’s not dead. But he might be possessed by something, or something. I hope he isn’t.
The creepy, scary, messed up girl tried to whisper something in Gavin’s ear? And Dean’s flashlight went out? Excellent. Great, jut great. Something has Kat, and I’m scared to look at the screen. This makes me think of Doctor Who and how they always have the creepy things that you can only see out of the corner of your eye.
Why are these people so disfigured? Is it because of the riot, or because something else has been going on this whole time that we’re not quite sure of? Or both? Or neither? Maybe they’re just messed up.
I feel like Kat’s line, “And Dean? He’s your boss?” really touched a nerve in Sam. I’m sure he didn’t like hearing that. Of course he’d be of the mind that he’s an independent dude and doesn’t take orders from anyone, and here’s Dean, his big brother, telling him what to do and where they’re going, making the decisions without Sam’s approval.
And Kat’s fucking awesome, BTW.
Sam got lured into the boiler room. Of course. It couldn’t be easy for them. Why would he be in the boiler room, Sam? Why? He was going to look for room 137 when you split up. Be smart about this. The mean part of me is thinking that this is the reason Dean’s in charge, but I know it’s not just Sam who gets into trouble.
I have one eye completely closed and the other only open far enough that I can see the light of the computer. Sam got Vulcan mind-melded with some light, and the guy said he would help him and make him ‘all better.’ Freaky.
“And watch out for me.” Nice, Dean. That was a well-written line.
Oh no. Sam is possessed by Doctor Ellicott, and he’s going to make him so angry that he hurts Dean. I’m calling it right now. I hope Dean realizes that Sam isn’t really Sam, like how Sam knew that Dean wasn’t really Dean in Skin.
...Sam shot Dean. Da Fuck...
Why is it that Sam seems to be so prone to being the brunt of the spirit’s wrath? I mean, this episode, Bloody Mary...something’s up, I just don’t know what. Maybe the spirits just sense that...well, I don’t want to say he’s weaker than Dean, because I’m sure that will be proved wrong eventually, but maybe they can sense that his defenses are low. They know what the chink in his armor is, and they’re willing to exploit that.
And Dean...oh, Dean...his voice is so full of pain that I’m sure has very little to do with what was shot into his chest. He needs Sam’s words to be caused by Doctor Ellicott, but he’s afraid that they’re true anyway.
Sam pulled the trigger. I don’t know if I thought he wouldn’t, if I thought he was stronger than that. I hoped he was stronger than that. I’m depressed.
I’m not even sure of what else to say. Dean seems to always pull through in the end, to be the one who does what needs to be done, even though that sometimes means punching Sam in the face. “Sorry, Sammy.”
Final thought: Dean’s going to be pissed that he missed Daddy’s phone call, but this is good for Sam, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment