Before I actually start watching this episode, can I just say that I’m having flashbacks of the Doctor Who double episode Human Nature/Family of Blood. Specifically the scarecrows that the aliens make. I’m already nervous about this episode. Here we go.
Why do I think that the tattoo is going to come back? They wouldn’t have remarked on it or even had it if it wasn’t important or going to be important at some point.
Never walk through scary trees or forests when you can see fog. Never walk anywhere when you have to walk in fog that you can see as you’re walking. That’s what I’ve learned from movies. Oh Jeebus, it’s moving. 2:20 into the episode, already covering my eyes. New record.
Oh shit. Just had a thought. Please tell me they don’t use skin of their victims to make a new scarecrow. That’s how the tattoo is going to come back. Scared already.
Daddy’s telephone call, but this time we get to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan. YAY JDM! You’re so mysterious. So enigmatic.
Ooh, new info on who killed Mary. Demon. KEYSMASHES! Ohhh, Sammy sounds like a little boy.
I’m never really sure how I feel about Sam and Dean’s relationship to John. I mean, on one hand, Dean’s doing what needs to get done: ‘Saving people, hunting things,’ but is blind obedience really the way to go? Probably not. As for Sam, well, he’s the opposite. Don’t get me wrong, he still gets shit done, but he fights it every step of the way. I love that they have such different outlooks on hunting and on their father. It gives their relationship to each other a completely new facet. I approve.
However, I do NOT approve of Dean taking off when Sam gets out of the car. Why would you do that, Dean? Why? You know you need him, you’re just trying to be tough.
Freaky town. The town, this guy Scotty at least, are in on it. They’re probably just all closing ranks. But for what reason? And who the crap is this chick on the side of the road, and was she there a second ago?
Friggin’ EMF thing is going NUTS! Ugh, I hate that Dean’s there alone. Bad things always happen.
Closer look at the scarecrow makes me think of....ummmm Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Leatherface. Sewing skin together. Human suit. Blehhhhh gross. Also, in that movie, Leatherface has a meathook. Isn’t that what’s in the scarecrow’s hand? It’s some kind of hook-like instrument of TORTURE!
Yes, Dean, of COURSE you should get up on a ladder and take a closer look at the scarecrow. That’s a good idea. I’m so scared that it’s going to turn and look at him. The music just before the place where the commercial would be made me jump.
“It’s almost like we’re blessed.” Oh, dear jeebus.
Pie on the house? That’s exactly what happened with the couple from the beginning. “One of our break lines was leaking?” It won’t be ready until sundown. Yeah, okay. Total setup for the scarecrow thing to get this couple. How does this town lure people in, that’s what I want to know. It can’t be coincidence. No way it’s coincidence.
Oh, mannnn. Police chasing Dean out of town. Greaaaatttt. Yeah, the whole town is definitely in on it.
This blonde chick, Meg, is weirding me out for some reason. She’s such a parallel character to Sam; supposed to make him feel like he’s not alone and all that crap. I’m not buying it for some reason.
And Dean’s back. I hope he’s in time to make sure that couple is safe. Good, good. I feel slightly better. And it doesn’t seem like the scarecrow is coming out of the orchard, which is good. Boundaries and all that.
Ritual god, human sacrifices? Nice info dump, though. I almost didn’t spot it. *nods in approval*
Nice touchy-feely brotherly moment there between Sam and Dean. I’m glad that the writers didn’t make a big deal about one of them calling the other, that the scene opened with them already on the phone. More real that way.
Vanir. Norse god. Awesome. I mean, relatively. And seriously, is EVERYONE in on this? Dean just got hit in the face with the butt of a gun. Oh man. They’re going to kill Dean and Emily?! One of their own? That’s terrible. To be the one chosen to be a human sacrifice. Shouldn’t that be like a voluntary thing?
“It’s for the common good.” That’s a phrase that I’ve never really liked. I would definitely have to protest if it was being said in regard to human sacrifices, though.
“He’s my family.” Love this. So simple, but it’s powerful. Blood is thicker than water, as they say. At least for the Winchesters. Apparently Emily’s aunt and uncle have never heard that saying. I’m not really surprised so much as totally relieved that Sam came back. Usually it’s Dean saving Sam’s butt, but this time it was the other way around. I’m very pleased with this.
Oh, shit. Scarecrow is out and ready to play. But at least Sam and Dean are together. And not only is the scarecrow god out there, but so is Emily’s family and other townspeople. Okay, was not expecting Emily’s aunt and uncle getting taken/killed. I just stared at my computer. Wasn’t even bothered by it.
“Hold me, Sam.” Nice, Dean.
Meg is bad. She’s bad. I can feel it. She was talking about that guy being handsy, then she was trying to get Sam to go with her, and now she’s killing this guy and letting his blood flow into a chalice? Who the hell is she? She’s communicating with someone/something through the blood. With her dad. Who is her dad? Why do I think this is part of a larger story arc?
Moar, moar!
No comments:
Post a Comment