Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Sarah Watches: Supernatural Season 1, Episode 5: Bloody Mary


Can I just preface this entry by saying that the Bloody Mary myth scares the shit out of me? Like, I’ve always been terrified of it, even as a little kid. But when I was little, the story I heard was that she would strangle you, not scratch out your eyes.

So this episode is going to be fun, I can tell.

I’m starting to wonder how many people are going to die. So far it’s only Donna and Lily’s dad, but this other girl Jill is going in front of a mirror and, dear God, she’s probably going to die.

Charlie (Jill’s friend) is freaking out, with reason. If I thought my friend’s dad might have gotten killed by Bloody Mary, I wouldn’t say the name in front of any mirrors, regardless of where they were.

Do they just not see You-Know-Who (not Voldemort, calm down) in the mirrors? I guess that’s plausible. I suppose.

And now Jill is dying. Blood is coming out of her eyes. They’re going to explode in a second, SERIOUSLY! DA EFF IS THIS SHOW?! Freaking me out. Jill died in the same way as Donna and Lily’s dad.

Sam keeps having nightmares, and I want them to find whoever killed Jess, because it’s starting to really bother me that Sam just keeps having nightmares.

Gary Bryman? Oh jeez. Jill killed him. And Mary was asking why she killed him.

And Lily and Donna’s mom, too? So Mary is killing people who killed other people? But what does that have to do with saying the name?

Someone cut out Mary’s eyes after breaking into her apartment? Woah. Rough. This is a way different take on the myth, but I like it, sort of. In an ‘I’m seriously freaking out and I don’t want to go anywhere near any mirrors’ kind of way.

Now I’m just waiting for someone else to die. I don’t want it to be Charlie, but it looks like it’s going to be. Who did she kill? And wow, I’m so glad she could see her in the mirror. At least we know that the other people were just oblivious. I don’t know why that makes me feel better.

I don’t want Charlie to die. I want Sam and Dean to protect her. But I want Mary to go away more. Does that make me a bad person? I just don’t know how they’re going to get her. ‘Pin her down,’ as Sam says.

Sam is such an intriguing character. I mean, this kind of seems like a self-harm kind of deal, and Dean giving him a talking to is perfect. Dean’s so smart, and he’s so protective of Sam, and it’s awesome and I love them. Enough fangirling, though. Regardless of why he’s doing it, whether it’s because he feels guilty about Jess or something else, Sam is taking charge and doing what it takes.

I want to know Sam’s secret. Like woah do I want to know Sam’s secret. What more can there be, other than what we saw in the pilot?

Worst time EVER for a commercial break. Cliffhanger extraordinaire, for reals. Sam sounds so terrified of saying the name the third time, I just want to hug him and tell him it’s going to be okay. Poor Sam. But I guess he and Dean both just lay themselves on the line for other people. That’s what they do, and they won’t stop as long as there are bad things in the world. And that’s pretty awesome.

There are so many mirrors. Sam, you’ve got to kill her. OH GOD IT’S GOT HIM! SHE’S IN HIS REFLECTION! OH NOOOOOOO DEAN COME SAVE YOUR BROTHER! NOW! How are they going to get out of this one?! My creys, this is awful!

Yes, Dean, go back, go save Sam! Now! You have to get there now!

Sam in the reflection is HORRIFYING! So scary!

HOLY SHIT! DEAN IS MY HERO FOREVER!

But...now she’s climbing out of the mirror? I guess Dean freed her when he broke the mirror. And now she’s affecting both of them. Her own reflection is getting her now. It’s some sort of justice, I suppose, but that doesn’t make it any better.

Jess appearing and then disappearing?! This show is insane. I don’t understand anything. I want there to be some sort of explanation of whatever killed Jess. Why was Sam dreaming about it beforehand? Is there something about him we don’t know? Is he psychic or something?

I don’t have questions about Dean right now. When I do, I’ll be sure to put them down.

And, as always, I want moar Supernatural.

No comments:

Post a Comment