Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 13: The Song Remains The Same (SPOILER BLOG)

FUCK. ANNA. GET OUT. Ugh. Right now she honestly just feels like a little middle school girl, gossiping about someone. Like, blah blah Castiel, he’s a friend you can count on, Dean, take my side, let’s ignore him at lunch today. SHUT UP. He was confused and doubting and he felt really bad about it and YOU ARE ANNOYING.

I’m never sure whether Anna really did break out of Heaven’s prison or whether she’s actually acting on Heaven’s orders and pretending not to. And does it matter? SHE IS OUT OF HER MIND.

Castiel is so distraught. He cares! He cares about Sam so much! Baby loves his Winchesters so much.

Castiel: The answer’s still no. Because Sam is my friend.
Anna: You’ve changed.
Castiel: Maybe too late, but I have. Anna, we’ve been through much together, but you come near Sam Winchester, and I’ll kill you.

Castiel is standing up for his friends! I love him so much. I feel like he honestly loved Anna at one point, too, because his voice sounds wrecked when he talks about how much they’ve been through. She’s his older sister, he looked up to her, and he was probably devastated when she fell. Now she’s betraying him in a whole new way. But Castiel will not let her hurt his friends. TAKE THAT ANNA.

Sam: What do you think, Cas? Does Anna have a point?
Castiel: No. She’s… Glenn Close.

I LOVE THIS MOMENT. Dean gives him this heartbreaking look, begging him not to say what they’re all thinking. Castiel can’t let him down, and even though the answer is ‘yes’, Castiel says ‘no’ to make Dean happy and even slips in the movie reference that he learned from Dean not five seconds ago. AUGH THEY ARE PERFECT.

Dean: So, what, you’re like a Delorian without enough plutonium?
Castiel: I don’t understand that reference.

There is a reason they are my OTP and this is it. Dean with his movie references and Cas not understanding anything he says but loving him anyway.

AHH CASTIEL HE’S HURT HELP HIM DEAN SWEEP HIM OFF HIS FEET AND CARRY HIM TO THE HONEYMOON SUITE AND RAVISH HIM.

“He’ll wake up. He’s, you know… tough for a little nerdy dude with wings.” This is the most adorable description of Castiel that I have ever heard.

Just-married-Winchesters make my heart melt into a little puddle of goo.

Sam… is… CRYING. I love it so much. When Dean met his parents back in Season 4 he was like, ‘WOAH’ but he got over it pretty quickly. Sam is about to start weeping and insisting on a family photo. It’s nice to see this version of Sam again… recently he’s been so hard-hearted and serious. He made that comment to Dean about not wanting to get married anymore, and he’s so angry. It’s so nice to see him get emotional about family again, like he used to before all this Apocalypse nonsense. BE MY BABY SAM AGAIN. I MISS YOU.

ANNA. AUGH. WHY DO YOU RUIN ALL THE GOOD IN THE WORLD.

My favorite moment ever is coming up. It’s THE BEST.

Mary: John, just try to understand—
Dean: She didn’t exactly have a choice—
Sam: Yeah, she—
John: Shut up, all of you! Look, not another word, or so help me I will turn this car around!

YES. FAMILY BONDING IN THE IMPALA. I ADORE. THE WINCHESTERS ARE MY LIFE.

It’s awful to watch John hurt himself just to prove he’s not useless. He’s basically going to become one of the best hunters in the world and this is where it begins: slitting his palm to write on the wall in blood to fight off something he didn’t know existed until a few hours ago. He’s so young and innocent, but in this moment he’s willing to do whatever it takes to protect Mary and that is just SO JOHN.

Sam: My dad, he raised me in it.
John: You’re serious? Who the hell does that to a kid?
Sam: Well, for the record, Mary’s parents did.
John: I don’t care! What kind of irresponsible bastard lets a child anywhere near… you know, you could have been killed!
Sam: I, uh… came kinda close.
John: The number it must have done on your head… your father was supposed to protect you.
Sam: He was trying. He died trying.

MOST PAINFUL SCENE OF TELEVISION EVER. I AM SO UPSET. SO MANY FEELINGS.

“I used to be mad at him. I mean, I used to… I used to hate the guy. But now, I… I get it. He was… just doing the best he could, and he was trying to keep it together in this impossible situation. See, my mom, um… she was amazing. Beautiful, and she was the love of his life. She got killed, and I think he would have gone crazy if he didn’t do something. Truth is, my dad died before I got to tell him that I understand why he did what he did, and I forgive him for what it did to us, I do. I love him.”

Oh, Sammy baby. Sam is such a parallel to John. They both lost the love of their life and turned to hunting as a way to feel like they were doing something, anything to fight the evil that stole their loved one away from them. I always struggle with how I feel about John, because it is horrible that he raised them in the hunting lifestyle and made them fear the darkness and made them hard and cynical. But if you knew evil was out there, wouldn’t you do anything to keep your children safe? Wouldn’t you want them to know how to protect themselves? It’s confusing and I think it’s a testament to how good this show is that John is neither good nor evil. You love him and hate him.

URIEL HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE JUST DIE YOU BASTARD. Oh, right, he’s past Uriel. Gross. And Anna is a lying bitch. Like usual. Ugh, I hate angels. Well, some angels.

Mary: Why does an angel want me dead?
Dean: Because they’re dicks.

TRUTH. Except for his boyfriend. And Gabriel. AND BALTHAZAR (rest in peace, my sweet angel prince).

Poor Mary. I want to cry. I WANT SOMEONE TO MAKE ME TOMATO RICE SOUP AND SING HEY JUDE TO ME. “I raised my kids to be hunters?” MY HEART IS BROKEN. This whole scene is just a bucket of my creys. This is Dean’s second attempt to change the future and it’s just not going to work. SO UPSETTING.

“You think you can have that normal life that you want so bad, but you can’t. I’m sorry. It’s all gonna go rotten.” He’s saying this as much to himself as he’s saying to her. I hate everything.

URIEL OH MY GOD JUST LEAVE YOU ASSBUTT.

MICHAEL IS HERE OH LORD HE IS IN HIS ~*~*~OTHER VESSEL~*~*~

And goodbye Anna, once and for all.

Michael, you’re a douche. Ugh, stop making me feel sorry for you. STOP IT. I don’t like you.

I love that Michael straightens Dean’s shirt. I always kind of wonder how Michael feels about Dean. Like, does he hate him for resisting him or does he like him because they’re like vessel-mates or whatever?

CASTIEL I MISSED YOU. I love when he comes back into the episode after being gone for a while and I just get this little leap of happiness in my heart.

There is nothing sweeter to me than the image of Dean and Sam holding up Castiel. So freaking adorable. And Dean is the first person Cas looks at, and then he looks at Sam and smiles because Sam is alive and they succeeded and Castiel’s falling means something.

“Team Free Will: one ex-blood junkie, one drop-out with six bucks to his name, and Mr. Comatose over there. Awesome.”

WHY does Dean always feel the need to capitalize on his lack of formal education? DEAN, YOU ARE SO SMART. In any case, Team Free Will is my world and I want it back now now now now now now now. Making grabby hands.

MARY LOVES ANGELS. She would have been so pleased with Dean’s boyfriend.

“It’s okay, baby. It’s all okay. Angels are watching over you.”

I was going to make a joke about Destiel but then I was going to cry a little bit about how angels are doucebags and NOW I JUST FEEL PAIN. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment