Oh. It’s one of these episodes. After totally heart-wrenching episodes like “The End” behind me, I watch episodes like this and I’m like, “Eh.” This episode falls under the heading of “Random Hunts That Don’t Matter In The Grand Scheme of Things”, just like ‘Wishful Thinking”, “Criss Angel Is A Douchebag”, and most of the episodes in Season 3. At least after five years, the SPN writers can acknowledge it, which I appreciate. We’ve established by now that Dean and Sam use hunts to feel better, and Dean needs this case to re-establish the trust that’s been lost between him and his brother. So I can give them this one.
Dean: I think we oughta ease into it, put the training wheels back on.
Sam: So, you think I need training wheels.
Dean: No, we. We need training wheels. You and me, as a team.
This is one of those moments where Dean shows he actually is the older brother. A lot of the time Sam is the more mature one, and Dean is being goofy or silly (this was very present in Season 4) but this is one of those times Sam acts like an absolute child and Dean’s like, “Shut your mouth, you baby. Stop starting drama.”
YAY DEAN GETS TO NERDGASM. Usually Sam is the one who geeks out over everything; I love that Dean gets to have his super nerd moment with James Dean’s car. Also, Dean looks so damn attractive with his sleeves rolled up. I AM AROUSED.
“Don’t... do anything, just go away. Don’t speak, all right? In fact, don’t even look at her, she might not like it!” Dean kills me. He makes me laugh so hard.
I’m shockingly silent on the events of this episode. It’s funny and I’m giggling but I don’t really have anything to say. Wax museums are creepy. That’s about it.
“Four score and seven years ago, I had a funny hat.” DEAN. I LOVE YOU.
OH MY GOD. BOTH OF YOU JUST SHUT UP AND STOP FIGHTING. You’re both acting like children. They’re both right, too, which is why things are so frustrating. Dean is right to be skeptical and cautious, but you can’t learn to trust someone unless you WANT to. You have to believe that they can be trustworthy again, or no matter what they do, you’ll find fault in it. Sam is trying, clearly trying, to fix things, so Dean has to open his eyes and accept that. Sam is right: he hates himself more than Dean ever could. Conversely, Sam can’t expect to do one job right and then be back in Dean’s good books again. It’s going to take a lot of time, a lot of work, and maybe some bitterness on Dean’s part, but he has to accept that. You make a mistake like this, you deal with the consequences.
Things I Do Not Need In My Life: the squishy sound effects of Sam rooting around in someone’s organs. No thanks. Do not want.
It pleases me that Paris Hilton is playing herself in this episode. I like that she can be silly and meta. She obviously doesn’t need the work, so that proves that she’s willing to make fun of herself.
“I’ve never even seen House of Wax.” EVEN THOUGH YOUR BROTHER WAS IN IT? COME ON DEAN, THAT’S JUST RUDE. Supernatural is so meta, it’s hilarious.
#WBA. I like it. Always like it. Stay friends and don’t fight, please. YAY SAMMY GETS TO DRIVE. Although I don’t like when Sam drives, it makes me feel weird on the inside.
I guess I’m back to writing short reviews. I needed a break after the five page monster that was my blog for “The End”.
No comments:
Post a Comment