I am of two minds when it comes to this episode. One on hand, it’s hilarious watching Dean be so un-Dean. He’s successful and uber healthy and kind of a dick, and not in a lovable Dean kind of way, but in a nasty boss-man kind of way. It’s also kind of fun and weird to see Dean and Sam interacting as coworkers, not as brothers. I love when SPN does the alternate reality thing, like in “What Is And What Should Never Be” and “The End” and “The French Mistake”. All winner episodes. This one is in the same club.
On the other hand, it’s kind of stupid. And gimmicky, but not in a good way. I know there’s some sort of angelic reason for this, but I don’t remember what it is, and it seems like it was more an excuse for the writers to have fun writing Sam and Dean in a corporate setting. Which I get, but... eh. We’ll see. Maybe it’ll be different the second time around. Also, the whole ghost story bit of it was kind of boring. I don’t enjoy watching people explode their heads in microwaves or stab themselves with pencils. Not fun. Not interesting.
ALSO: I’m almost completely sure that this is when we meet Zachariah for the first time. I have been anticipating this, but I am not happy. I hate Zachariah and everything he chooses to be and everything he says and UGH. WHAT A SKEEZE.
I’m almost completely sure that they just wrote this episode so they could use ‘Well Respected Man” by the Kinks in the opening. Seriously. It’s perfect. UGH. Seeing Dean in stripes and red suspenders is both extremely off-putting and oddly sexy. This episode is really confusing for me.
L O L @ Dean typing up emails and eating salad. SO UN-DEAN. STOP IT.
YEP THERE IS THE KING BITCH NOW. Get out, Zachariah. Nobody wants you here.
Oh, Lord. Dean on the Master Cleanse. I love/hate it.
Sam Wesson is my favorite character on Supernatural. I am not joking. He is a giant man is a tiny yellow polo shirt. YOU KNOW HIM FROM YOUR DREAMS, SAM.
DEAN WITH A PART. DEAN TEXTING ON A BLACKBERRY. Now I’m just listing things that are weird.
This had to have been really funny for Jared and Jensen... they’ve been playing brothers for four years and now they’re basically playing strangers. Too weird.
“Thank God we got Harry Potter here to save us all from the Apocalypse.” Actually this is too real. I’m convinced that Sam is actually Harry Potter. Think about it... both of their mothers were killed standing over their cribs, they’re both “The Chosen One”, they both have to decide between good and evil, etc. Also, this means Dean is Ron and Castiel is Hermione, which I am absolutely okay with.
Dean Smith has so many different patterned suspenders. It’s hilarious.
“What if it’s something... non-natural?” Sam, the word you’re searching for is SUPERNATURAL.
Dean: So, you’re telling me that your dreams are... special visions and that you’re some kind of psychic?
Sam: No! I mean, that would be nuts.
LOLOL U R SO FUNNY GAMBLE.
Dean: Should we go check this out?
Sam: Like, right now?
Dean: No, it’s getting late, you’re right.
Sam: I am dying to check this out right now.
Dean: Right?!
If Dean and Sam can’t be brothers in this episode, at least they’re totally besties.
Sam: All right, so what do we do now?
Dean: We do what I do best, Sammy-- research.
Sam: Okay. Did you just call me Sammy?
Dean: Did I?
Sam: I think you did. Yeah. Don’t.
OH THE IRONY. DEAN LOVES RESEARCH AND SAM SAYS NO TO SAMMY.
And the return of the Ghostfacers! I forgot they came back again, if only on the computer screen. They are seriously THE BEST.
Ed: First, salt. It’s like acid to ghosts.
Harry: Burny acid.
Ed: Not LSD.
Harry: No. It’s a bad trip for ghosts.
Ed: Next little trick... we learned this from those... useless douchebags...
Harry: That we hate.
Ed: The Winchesters.
[...]
Ed: Very effective.
Harry: Winchesters still suck ass, though.
Ed: Affirmative. Suckage major.
How do the Winchesters still exist in the same universe as Dean Smith and Sam Wesson? Whatever, I guess angels can do whatever they want. Zachariah’s got the power.
“The aforementioned super annoying Winchester douchenozzles also taught us this one other thing.” I LOVE WHEN THEY TALK ABOUT THE WINCHESTERS.
Ed: It’s illegal in some states.
Harry: All states.
Ed: Possibly... all states.
ED AND HARRY > ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS EPISODE.
Poor Sam Wesson is not used to being covered in blood. Now he is traumatized. Poor bb.
I think this is where my whole brother-sister thing with Jo began. The angels needed to create a fake family for Dean Smith and they gave him Jo as a sister. They didn’t have to (Dean Smith doesn’t need a sister) but they did. So... yeah. I think that means something.
ZACHARIAH YOU MANIPULATIVE DOUCHE. I hate you so so so much. Like, so much. Words cannot express my intense hatred for your entire angelic being. SHUT YOUR GODDAMN ANGEL MOUTH.
I love that the colors dim when Zachariah zaps Dean back to reality. It’s kind of sad, but legitimate. That reality was fake, bright, and colorful. Dean had red and yellow suspenders and was eating that extremely green salad, and Sam was in that bright yellow polo... the real world that Sam and Dean live in is muted greens and blacks and greys. Sad but true.
Zachariah: You should see my decoupage.
Dean: Gross. No thank you.
Okay... I get that this episode matters, but it’s still kind of silly to me. Basically, the only thing that happens of any import is Zachariah’s speech in the last three minutes. The rest is just funny. But hey, I can appreciate funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment