Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sarah Watches: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 17: 99 Problems

But a bitch ain’t one, right?

Lisa...I just like...growled that at my TV screen. Apparently I don’t like her very much...

I’m gonna go ahead and guess demons? HOLY SHIT! That was a large truck and some interesting people. “Be careful, it’s dangerous out there.” TROLOLOL

I think the thing about tragedies is that it makes you realize the things you want out of your life, and that’s why there are so many weddings and stuff like that. I have to be honest, though. This is pretty nuts. All the witnesses in the aisles are holding guns. That’s terrifying. Even the priest has a thigh holster.

Is she a prophet? Or...okayyyy...she just talks to the angels. Welp...all right. Yep, she’s a prophet. Called it. Nice. I win.

“I don’t understand. Why do you want me to say my name?” HOLY DEAR JEEBUS! CASTIEL, BBY, YOU ARE PERFECT!

“You know me. Downright pious.” *giggles* Oh, Dean. What’s up with those two guys? Something’s not right with them. Paul and Rob. They aren’t even pretending. Paul is drinking from a flask.

The music from this raid scene is awesome, though. Dean, Sam, you are badass. You are a perfect team. Never separate again. Ugh, did you see that move? Sam tossed the knife, Dean pulled it out of the dead demon, and stabbed another guy. FUCKING AWESOME! Also, their clink of beer. Awesome.

Except shit, Dylan got killed. BITCHES AND HOES I AM PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW THIS SUCKS MONKEY TITS!

“You know, this is your fault.” Ugh, of all people, Dean shouldn’t have to hear that. He already feels like crap.

Dylan’s coming back? UGH THIS IS SO RADICAL I CAN’T EVEN! This makes me think of like radical churches that all freak out about stuff like whether Harry Potter is demonic or something like that. It sucks. I was part of a church like that, and it’s so difficult to do anything or feel like a real person and not just a prisoner. I can’t...

“Must be hard, being the vessel of Heaven and having no hope.” UGH, YOU UNDERSTAND HIM! Except if you’re being facetious, in which case, I will curbstomp you.

“There’s sure as Hell demons, and maybe there is a God, fine. But I’m not a hypocrite. Never prayed before, and I ain’t startin’ now, and if I go to Hell, I’m going honest.” I like him. But that doesn’t mean there’s not something wrong with him.

“I believe. Yeah, I do. I’m just pretty sure God stopped caring a long time ago.” I AM SO DEPRESS.

Dean, bby, stop it! Stop talking like this. “You can’t do this...to me. I got one thing, one thing keeping me going. You think you’re the only one white-knuckling it here, Dean? I can’t count on anyone else. And I can’t do this alone.” Thank  you, Sam. Thank you for saying what needed to be said.

Shit’s about to get real right here. CASTIEL! “It was long, your message. And I find the sound of your voice grating.” Cas, bby, you’re drunk. “I found a liquor store.” “And?” “And I drank it.” Oh, Cas. “Don’t ask stupid questions.”

I can’t help but think this is funny. Wait, what? Leah’s not a prophet? TROLOLOL look at Cas’ face. But yeah, Sam’s right. If she’s not a prophet, what is she? What’s going on?

This is pretty much bullshit. Thank you, Dean, for punching him. WOAH JANE JUST SHOT PAUL WHAT THE HELL! Dean is like “Woah, lady.”

“Where the hell have you been?” “On a bender!” TROLOLOL Again, this shouldn’t be funny, but it is.

“The Whore.” “Wow, Cas, tell us what you really think.” “She rises when Lucifer walks the Earth. And she shall come bearing false prophecy.” Well, shit. That’s not good. Also, can Cas just say Whore a few more times?

“It actually means, you breed with the mouth of a goat. It’s uh...funnier in Enochian.” Holy...I can’t...I can’t even...this is perfect. I love drunk Cas. “The Whore can only be killed by a true servant of Heaven.” “Servant like...” “Not you. Or me. Sam, of course, is an abomination.” THEIR FACES DURING THIS ARE PRICELESS!

So, it’s going to have to be the priest, isn’t it? He’s a true servant of Heaven. He’s going to have to kill the Whore, and she’s in his daughter’s body. “Let me go, or the next sinner I name will be you.” New rule for this show. If you don’t use contractions, you’re not human.

“How do you manage it?” “On a good day, you get to kill a Whore.”

WHAT DID THAT BITCH DO TO CASTIEL I WILL CURBSTOMP YOU! I WILL SMASH YOUR SKULL IN! I swear, I’m really not this violent.

Shit, that was awesome. Did Dean kill her? I thought he couldn’t?! HOLY CRAP EVERYTHING IS CONFUSING BUT DEAN KILLED THE WHORE AND LIFE IS PERFECT!

Oh, crap, but he better not say yes to Michael. Dean, what are you doing why are you doing this I can’t even get a sentence together or think of anything to say other than to sob WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHY, DEAN! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!

Why are you back at Lisa’s? Why? Oh, I just want to hold him and hug him and cuddle him and let him cry on my shoulder.

“When I do picture myself happy, it’s with you. And the kid.” I...I can’t...I cannot even...

Dean, I am crying. You made me cry. Why are you doing this? Please...

***

I had to walk away from this review for a few minutes. Since I liveblog all of my reviews, people reading this can see exactly my thought processes for everything; I don’t change anything or add anything. I watch and blog at the same time. That’s good and bad. In this case, it wasn’t such a good thing.

I think one of the reasons this episode hit me so strongly was mostly just because I know how Dean feels. Between Sam and Dean, I more closely identify with Dean. I’m not going to go into all of the ways I indentify with him, but there are a lot. The major one, the one that made me start to cry so hard I couldn’t breathe or see just now, is the feeling like it’s all up to him. He has to save everyone and everything, and he has to make it right. It’s his fault when something bad happens.

That’s exactly how I feel all the time. I know what that feels like. And it sucks. It hurts so much that you can’t even begin to know how to deal with it on your own, and you block it away because it’s easier to pretend like everything’s fine than to just face how much pain you’re actually in.

This felt like Dean giving up hope, and because I feel a lot of the same things that Dean does, it felt a little bit like I was giving up hope, too, and that’s scarier than anything you’ll find on this show. That’s a very sobering thought.

I live a Drunk!Castiel Appreciation Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment