Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 9: The Real Ghostbusters (SPOILER BLOG)

OH MY GOD TWO HILARIOUS EPISODES IN A ROW. How did we get this lucky? The Krip must have been snoozing to allow this much joy.

Anyway, this episode is SO META and hilarious, so LIVEBLOG. It’s happening.

When the recap started, I was like, “What season am I in? Am I watching Season 1 again? What’s happening?” And then Cas showed up and I felt comfortable again.

BECKY IS MY WORLD. I LOVE HER MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY.

Chuck: Did you take my phone?
Becky: I just borrowed it. From your pants.
Chuck: Becky.

Chuck is just the BEST. And this episode is ridiculous. In reality, Supernatural fans at conventions are 90% screaming girls. This is, at least, what I glean from watching 80 million con videos per day.

“And at 4:30, there’s the homoerotic subtext of Supernatural.” OKAY I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A CON; PLEASE TELL ME THESE REALLY EXIST.

Sam and Dean are not pleased with the publishing announcement.

SHIPPING BECKY/CHUCK TIL THE DAY I DIE.

Sam: Why are you publishing more books?
Chuck: Um? For food and shelter?
Dean: Who gave you the rights to our life story?
Chuck: An archangel! And I didn’t want it!

Too precious. I love Chuck. I can’t say it enough.

The LARPing does kind of rub me the wrong way, especially the ‘Dad’s Journal’ thing. As much as they’re all having a good time or whatever, they’re having fun based on the Winchester’s lives, which have been decidedly NOT FUN. Their dad didn’t live them kitschy notes in the journal to help them out; he left them weird, cryptic clues so that he could manipulate and avoid them. So as funny as it is, it’s kind of... upsetting, in a way. I’m clearly oversensitive to my boys right now.

There is so much Winchester Synchronization happening in this episode.

Of course, the con is happening in an actual haunted building. SO CLEVER. GOOD ONE, CONVENTION PEOPLE.

How could anyone doubt the authenticity of Sam and Dean? THEY ARE CLEARLY NOT LARPING. They are professionals, damn it.

Little kids with terrifying injuries will always remind me of The Sixth Sense. It’s one of my all time favorite movies and the entire reason I love horror movies and TV shows.

LOL SAM CAN TELL HOW OLD SOMETHING IS BY TOUCHING IT FOR ONE SECOND OH MY GOD I LOVE IT AHAHAHA.

Also, Dean taking out his gun like he’s just going to shoot them in the head.

Sam: Dean!
Dean: What? They’re freakin’ annoying.

I’m dead. I’m actually dead.

I love that Dean is always the one who totally loses it and goes off on people:

“What is wrong with you? Why in the hell would you choose to be these guys? [...] No! I am not a fan, okay? Not fans! In fact, I think the Dean and Sam story sucks. It is not fun, it’s not entertaining, it is a river of crap that would send most people howling to the nuthouse! So you listen to me: their pain is not for your amusement. I mean, do you think that they enjoy being treated like, like... circus freaks? [...] Oh, they care. Believe me, they care a lot.”

POOR DEAN. He is such a sad little child sometimes. But I mean, this is what I said a couple paragraphs up. This stuff isn’t fun. This is their life. It’s terrible and it’s bloody and everybody fucking DIES. So yeah, LARPING is a blast until you almost get your heart ripped out of your chest like Sam and Dean have to on a regular fucking basis.

Dean: Hey, Chuck. Good luck with the Supernatural books. And screw you very much.
Con Guy: Fans of yours?
Chuck: I’d say no.

I. LOVE. CHUCK.

So that Fritz bitch is critical of the Ruby story line but likes HOOK MAN? Somebody needs to sort of their priorities. And that’s why you die, STUPID.

Barnes: If all these people are seriously in trouble, we gotta do something.
Dean: Why?
Damien: Because that’s what Sam and Dean would do.

Dean’s having a meta moment here. I kind of love it.

“I said no one leaves, damn it! Now somebody salt this door!” YEAH BADASS CHUCK IS HERE AND HE’S HERE TO STAY. You’re a hero, Chuck. Love you forever.

Scalping is perhaps the grossest way to die. It seriously makes me gag a little bit.

Damien: You’re wrong you know. About Supernatural. No offense, but I’m not sure you get what the story’s about.
Dean: is that so?
Damien: In real life, he sells stereo equipment. I fix copiers. Our lives suck. To be Sam and Dean, to wake up every morning and save the world, to have a brother who would die for you... well, who wouldn’t want that?

Eh. I’m iffy about this moment. It’s nice to look at it this way, but just because you sell stereo equipment or fix copiers, doesn’t mean your life sucks. You may not save the world but you’ve never had to watch your brother die or make a deal with a demon. Little perspective here, guys.

Sam: If you really want to publish more books, I guess that’s okay with us.
Chuck: Wow, really?
Sam: No, not really. We have guns, and we’ll find you.

FUCK YES CROWLEY IS FINALLY HERE OH MY GOD I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER. My feelings are so mixed on Crowley, you would not believe it. OH MY GOD I CAN’T WAIT AHHHH.

No comments:

Post a Comment