The only thing I remember about this episode is the pudding thing. THAT’S LITERALLY IT. I don’t know where my brain was during Season 5 I really don’t.
WHAT IF Season 7 ended with the boys waking up in a mental institution and it turned out the entire series of Supernatural had been some sort of schizophrenic nightmare? I would actually die.
Sam: I’m fine. I mean, okay, a little depressed, I guess.
Doctor: Okay, any idea why?
Sam: Probably because I started the Apocalypse.
Doctor: The Apocalypse.
Sam: Yeah, that’s right.
Doctor: And... you think you started it.
Sam: Well, yeah, I mean I killed this demon, Lillith, and I accidentally freed Lucifer from Hell, so now he’s topside and we’re trying to stop him.
Doctor: Who is?
Sam: Me. Him. And this one angel.
Doctor: Oh, you mean like an angel on your shoulder?
Sam: No, no. His name is Castiel. He wears a trench coat.
I LOVE THIS ENTIRE CONVERSATION. I literally was giggling the entire time. Of course the only time the boys tell the truth...
OH WAIT SHE ISN’T REAL OR SHE’S A DEMON OR SOMETHING WAIT ISN’T THAT RIGHT I FORGET AHHHH WHY CAN’T I REMEMBER ANYTHING.
LOL Jensen can make his eyes blink at different times, I am in awe of this talent.
“To be frank, the relationship that you have with your brother seems dangerously codependent. I think a little time apart will do you both good.” UGH this is too true. It’s not like they have much choice... if they’re apart for more than a few days, all hell breaks loose (LITERALLY) so their codependency isn’t exactly something they can “work on”.
I like that “religious psychosis” has its own category.
DEAN WITH HIS FILM REFERENCES. That’s two so far and we’re only twelve minutes in.
Doctor: How many hours a night do you sleep?
Dean: Three or four, every couple of nights.
JESUS.
Or wait, is she the evil one? I can’t remember. There’s some sort of twist involving one of the female doctors/nurses. Maybe it is her. Somebody talks to Dean about how its not fair that he has to save the world and she turns out to be evil. I think. GAHH.
Oh, I also remember that there’s some sort of placebo effect that makes Sam and Dean think they are actually losing their minds. I find this very interesting.
How are they just strolling around this hospital? WHERE ARE THE NURSES? Obviously Sam and Dean do what they want regardless of how people feel about their mental status.
I hate the sound effects of Sam rooting around in that dude’s brain. I have such a squeamish look on my face right now. Like I am about to throw up.
OH DEAN. He knows how to get out of a tight spot. Also, I would bet about one million dollars that he is not wearing underwear right now.
AHH WAIT NOW I’M SO CONFUSED. I thought it was the doctor because now she’s talking to him about why he has to hunt monsters, but she’s herself in the mirror. By the way, I love the way Dean says, “Nah, you’re clean”. He actually sounds like he’s schizophrenic. I would believe it if I were that doctor.
Doctor: So, is there a quota? How many people do you have to save?
Dean: All of them.
“I want him now. He’s larger.” OH MY GOD.
Like, seriously, are they just really good at evading nurses or what? They should not be able to wander around the ward this freely. They should definitely be like, locked in their rooms or something. This episode makes absolutely zero sense.
“Or you’re seeing things. Maybe, maybe you’re going crazy. [...] Well, come on, you’ve been... at least half crazy for a long time. Since you got back from Hell, or since before that, even, we’re in a mental hospital. HAHAHA, maybe you, maybe you finally cracked. Maybe, maybe now, you’re really... for real... crazy. [...] Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know, it’s okay, hey, hey, look at me. It’s okay. ‘Cause you’re my brother. And I still love you. BOOP.”
I am literally on the floor dying of laughter.
AND now things are sad. Awesome. This show takes me from one extreme to the other in seconds flat. It’s not good for my mental stability. Watching Dean realize that he might be going crazy is making my heart flip over in my chest. I hate when we have to watch Dean’s inner thoughts project themselves outward, because his sense of inadequacy and the guilt he feels over everything makes me sadder than I can ever convey.
NO, do not tell Sam he’s not human, he doesn’t need to hear that. AUGH.
AHHHHH THIS IS GIVING ME BAD FLASHBACKS TO THAT ONE FIC I READ THAT I MENTIONED IN “THE RAPTURE” WHERE SAM AND DEAN WERE ACTUALLY CRAZY OH MY GOD IT’S COMING TRUE NO MAKE IT STOP I CAN’T FEEL THESE FEELINGS AHHHHHH slowly losing all brain functions... this episode is making me want to throw myself off of a building. I am literally being driven mad by this. This. Episode. Is. The. Worst.
Okay. It’s that nurse. I was right the first time. I win. I knew it was her. She’s gross.
“You build your own Hell. But I give you the legos.” This is what every evil thing they meet on the show says. “It’s not my fault, I don’t make you evil, it was in you all along, blah blah blah.” Shut up.
“I am mad... all the time. And I don’t know why!” OH MY JESUS SAM IS HARRY POTTER. Fifth movie, Harry says something like, “I just feel so angry, all the time. What if after everything that I've been through, something's gone wrong inside me? What if I'm becoming bad?” They are the same person. Sam needs someone to tell him that we’ve got light and dark inside of us, but what matters is the part we choose to act on. (GAH SIRIUS NOW I’M DISTRACTED BY POTTER PAIN DAMN IT)
Basically all my fandoms fill me with inexpressible sadness. GAH.
No comments:
Post a Comment