I LOVE THIS EPISODE. It is hilarious to me. I shouldn’t find it funny: people are dying in horrible violent ways. I just love the idea of all those urban legends that you’re told growing up coming true because a little kid has the power to make it so.
Oh, and the Castiel action figure. It makes my life.
“These days, all they care about are iPhones and those kissing vampire movies.” This is an all-too perfect summary of our generation. What a damn shame.
I could watch Dean making that it-froze-this-way face all day long. IT KILLS ME.
Sam: Dude, seriously? Still with the ham?
Dean: WE DON’T HAVE A FRIDGE.
Favorite thing in the world. I love the way he says that.
I was never privy to the masturbation hair-on-your-palm thing. Maybe because I’m not a dude. But that wasn’t something I heard until I was old enough to know it wasn’t true. I’m surprised that they’re portraying it as something a little kid like Jesse would be told.
I LOVE JESSE. I LOVE HIM. HE’S SO GODDAMN CUTE AND PRECOCIOUS.
Sam: What’s that?
Jesse: It’s called soup. You heat it up and you eat it.
Sassy little half-demon Antichrist.
Jesse: What, didn’t your dad tell you about the tooth fairy?
Dean: My dad? No, my dad told me different stories.
All the sads. They slip these little lines in here that make me want to cry. Damn you, John.
SAM WINCHESTER: QUEEN OF THE BITCHFACE.
Castiel, play nice. Falling angels have to have a little bit more compassion.
I wish Dean played more pranks on Castiel. I would be amused until the end of time. BOYFRIENDS.
“Your Bible gets more wrong than it does right.” Preach it, Castiel.
I love when Sam is passionate about something because he recognizes himself in the situation. He did it even before the demon blood thing went down: Max from way back in Season 1, Jack from “Metamorphosis” and now Jesse. The shitty thing is, both of those situations turned out poorly. It must hurt Sam so much to see himself in these people and watch them succumb to the darkness inside them.
Sam: So we tell him the truth. You say Jesse’s destined to go darkside? Well, he hasn’t yet. So, if we lay it all out for him, what he is, the Apocalypse, everything, he might make the right choice.
Castiel: You didn’t.
I LITERALLY HAD TO PAUSE THE VIDEO AND TAKE A DEEP BREATH. Castiel knows how to bring the hurt. Dean hates when his brother and his boyfriend fight.
I hate/love that every demon knows who the Winchesters are. And they all underestimate them.
Okay, I love Castiel, truly I do, but if he showed up in the middle of the night, I would be terrified out of my wits. Like, I would lose it.
Castiel’s only saving grace (LOL) in this episode is that he seems really upset about killing Jesse when the time comes for him to raise the knife. He’s not in angel mode anymore-- he clearly has emotions. He understands right and wrong outside of his heavenly duty. But he’s still committed to what doing what he thinks will save the world, no matter the cost. That’s why I think it isn’t that out of character, what he did at the end of Season 6. I’ve seen a lot of people saying that it was a cop-out, to get Castiel out of the picture, but Castiel has proven time and time again that he does what it takes to protect his Winchesters and the world.
YES THE CASTIEL ACTION FIGURE. I WANT IT.
YAY SPN/X-MEN CROSSOVER. I really want Jesse to go to Xavier’s School for Mutants. That would probably be best.
“Sit down and shut up.” Jesse is scary and perfect. I want him to be good so badly.
“Truth is, he’s kind of a buddy of mine. Any way you can turn him back? [...] He’s a good guy. He was just confused.” Um, can I just insert this line of dialogue into Season 7? Can Dean say this to like, Chuck or something? Please? PLEASE?
It bothers me a lot that this storyline got abandoned. I want to know what happens to Jesse. I want to know whether or not he went darkside or whether he remembered the words of Sam and Dean and turned out okay. I have this dream that after Supernatural is over, the CW will create a spinoff of the show called “Supernatural: The Next Generation” and it will feature Ben, Claire and Jesse as the next generation of hunters. I know Ben forgets that hunters exist, but I always feel like he would still remember in the back of his mind somewhere, and he would pursue hunting and end up in the life anyway. And I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO JESSE. They better bring him back before this show ends. That’s all I’m saying.
Yeah, my reviews are definitely shorter when the episodes aren’t Destiel-heavy. My loyalties are clear.
No comments:
Post a Comment