YAY IT’S HERE THE DEAN & CASTIEL BESTIES EPISODE.
Honestly, a million terrible things could happen in this episode and I wouldn’t even notice because I’d be too busy skipping through a green field singing about Dean and Cas and their epic bromance. Even removing the element of Destiel (yes, I can do it, the shipper goggles do come off sometimes), the Dean/Cas banter in this episode is adorable.
It’s beautiful to me that even after all this time, Jessica is still Sam’s one and only. He can make connections with other women and maybe even love them, but Jess is the person Lucifer chooses to manipulate him and that says a lot about how he feels. He never really gets over her death, and he never, ever stops blaming himself.
DEAN LOOKIN SO FINE IN THAT SUIT YEAH UNF
Also, I love this parallelism scene. It’s really sad and gorgeous. And the Skynyrd song in the background is basically perfect.
Okay, this is where I do not understand how people don’t see the Destiel. Cas is standing about three inches from Dean’s face and when Dean turns around, his eyes go STRAIGHT to Castiel’s lips. Like, COME ON. What am I supposed to think? I cannot be blamed for shipping them so hard. Also, I love that Castiel is content to just stand and watch Dean clean his jacket and not say anything until Dean notices him.
Dean: Cas... we’ve talked about this. Personal space.
Castiel: My apologies.
DEAN SWALLOWS AND HIS VOICE GETS ALL LOW AND THROATY AND HE LOOKS AT CASTIEL’S LIPS AGAIN OH DEAR GOD. I’m sorry, I’m just dying of shippy happiness over here.
“You were wasted by a Teenage Mutant Ninja Angel?” Funny story: I ran into this guy (he’s my roommate’s friend) and I found out that he watched Supernatural, so we were chatting about it, and all of the sudden he goes, “Oh, and Castiel totally killed Michaelangelo!” And I was like, “... who?!” and he was like, “You know, the angel! Michaelangelo!” And I was like, “Do you mean... Raphael?” And then he looked embarrassed and we had a laugh about it. Dude totally mixed up his Teenage Mutant Ninja Angels.
“So what, I’m Thelma and you’re Louise and we’re just going to hold hands and sail off this cliff together?” Yes, please. I would like to see that.
YES. DEAN DOES SOMETHING FOR CASTIEL. IT HAPPENS. I JUST WITNESSED IT. Let nobody say that Dean never does anything for Castiel. They help each other.
Dean: All right, what’s the plan?
Castiel: We’ll... tell the officer that he witnessed an angel of the Lord. And the officer will tell us where the angel is.
Dean: You serious? You’re gonna walk in there and tell him the truth?
Castiel: Why not?
Dean: Because. We’re humans. And when humans want something really, really bad, we lie.
AW DEAN, THAT WAS SO NICE OF YOU TO FIX YOUR BOYFRIEND’S COLLAR AND HIS TIE HOW SWEET MAYBE NOW YOU CAN TAKE HIM OUT ON A PROPER DATE.
The epic Dean-flips-Castiel’s-fake-ID shot is one of my favorite things in the world. I have a gif of it that I just watch over and over. Not ashamed.
Dean: Any idea what set them off?
Castiel: It’s angels and demons, probably. They’re skirmishing all over the globe.
Walt: Come again? What did he say?
Dean: Nothing.
Castiel: Demons.
I AM DEAD.
Dean: Do we have any chance of surviving this?
Castiel: You do.
Dean: So, odds are you’re a dead man tomorrow.
Castiel: Yes.
Dean: Oh. Well, last night on Earth... what are your plans?
Castiel: I just thought I’d sit here quietly.
Thoughts: 1) Dean gets a very sad, surprised look on his face when Castiel says that he’s basically going tod die tomorrow. ADMIT IT, DEAN, YOU LOVE HIM. And 2) I love that line. Castiel this is why you are my favorite little virgin angel.
CASTIEL IS SO EMBARRASSED OH MY GOD I CAN’T.
“Let me tell you something: there are two things I know for certain. One, Bert and Ernie are gay. Two, you are not gonna die a virgin. Not on my watch.”
Let me tell you something: there are two things I know for certain. One, Dean and Castiel are gay. Two, Castiel is not gonna die a virgin. Not on Dean’s watch.
CASTIEL’S ANGEL BABY VIRGIN FACE IS MAKING ME CRY WITH HAPPINESS.
Dean: Hey, relax.
Castiel: This is a den of iniquity. I should not be here.
One of my favorite quotes in all history of ever. Only made better when Castiel jumps when Dean says his name and then chugs his beer. I am literally dead.
Poor baby Castiel. Clearly wants Dean and not this prostitute. Only doing this because Dean is telling him to. DESTIEL IS SO CANON TO ME.
I absolutely love the image of Dean hunched over, wheezing with laughter, and Castiel sort of leaning over him, like he’s not sure what Dean’s doing because he’s never seen him laugh like this before. It’s so sweet.
“It’s been a long time since I’ve laughed that hard. It’s been more than a long time. Years.” I’M SORRY, DID YOU SAY ‘I LOVE YOU CASTIEL’ BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT I HEARD.
UGH RAPHAEL SCREW YOU. You know how everybody wants to blame either Cas or Dean for what happens at the end of Season 6? I blame Raphael. If not for this motherfucker, Dean and Castiel would be married. I am sure of this. Oh, and Crowley is responsible as well. Stupid archangels and (maybe?) demons.
Also, I had a stressful moment when I saw Castiel’s and Dean’s faces lit up by holy fire and it reminded me too much of The Man Who Would Be King and then I cried. Holy fire will now send me into an automatic panic attack. Whoop-de-doo.
I really hate these theological discussions. Most of the angels believe he’s dead, but some, like Castiel, still think he’s alive. It’s times like these that the angels really do seem like a family; they’re just a bunch of abandoned kids with daddy issues. Just like the Winchesters. The parallelism is amazing.
SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SPECIAL MOMENT BETWEEN TWO BEST FRIENDS. Ugh, Dean, why did you have to ruin everything by saying that you were chained your family? That’s. Just. Silly. And don’t pretend that you didn’t have unbelievable fun with Castiel, you liar. You laughed harder than you had in years. You don’t have to cover for yourself whenever you say something remotely nice to anybody.
I’m sorry, was Sam in this episode? I wasn’t paying attention. I was too busy watching Castiel and Dean make eyes at each other and become best friends. OOPS SAM IS LUCIFER’S VESSEL THE TRUTH COMES OUT HEY HEY. Lucifer, you are the worst. Just shut your mouth.
I feel like I should comment on Sam’s story because I completely ignored him this entire episode. Okay, so 1) This episode just reaffirms what I have said multiple times: that Dean and Sam can try their hardest to get out of the hunting life, but it won’t work. You’re in, you’re in for life. You can’t change it, especially when you’re as deeply into it as Sam and Dean are. I wish it wasn’t true, but it is. That’s just facts. 2) I am proud of Sam for not being a martyr when it comes to his conversations with Lucifer!Jess. People can change. He can change. I may not think that he could leave the life behind, but I certainly believe that he can get his anger under control and stop thinking in terms of ‘revenge’. Even back when Sam was younger, he was always extremely whiny and angry, and for the first time I really see him growing up. He’s trying, at least. And of course, in comes Lucifer to wreck everything.
So, the big secrets are out: Dean is Michael’s vessel and Sam is Lucifer’s. Two brothers, pitted against each other, struggling to come to terms with their absent father. Sound familiar? I LOVE IT.
No comments:
Post a Comment