Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 1: Sympathy For the Devil (SPOILER BLOG)

Anytime I see the words ‘The Road So Far’, I have to cry. I just have to. IT’S A RULE.

I love the things that they choose to recap that seem random but are ultimately extremely important, like Castiel explaining that Jimmy had to say ‘yes’ before he used him as a vessel. IMPORTANT INFO.

Thanks, God. It was nice of you to move us from the place where Lucifer was rising, but was it a good idea to move them onto a plane crossing directly over that area? Nice word, Lord Almighty.

YEAH CHUCK YOU WHOOP HIS ASS. I love Chuck.

UGH. Zachariah. Note: I just saw Midnight in Paris, and he plays Rachel McAdams’ dad, and the entire movie, I was so distracted by his presence. I was like SHOULDN’T YOU BE SMITING SOMEONE SOMEWHERE.

“Learned that from my friend Cas, you son of a bitch!” FRIEND. FRIEND. FRIEND.

Poor Nick. So sad for him.

BECKY BECKY BECKY FANGIRL OF MY HEART.

Chuck: I need you to get a message to Sam and Deanm
Becky: Look, Mr. Edlund. Yes, I’m a fan, but I really don’t appreciate being mocked. I know that Supernatural is just a book, okay? I know the difference between fantasy and reality.
Chuck: Becky, it’s all real.
Becky: I knew it!

AKA ME. I am waiting for the day Kripke reveals that he’s actually a prophet.

DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD DEAN IS MICHAEL’S FLAMING SWORD. Oh yeah.

DEMON!BOBBY IS SUCH A LIAR. WHAT A DOUCHEBAG. Shouldn’t Bobby have like, all kinds of anti-possession charms and shit? How does he get possessed?


I do wish that Dean was reacting more to the situation. I’m glad he’s not like, punching Sam or something, but at the same time, Sam did something INSANE and Dean shouldn’t be pretending it doesn’t matter. ALTHOUGH (I seriously need to stop contradicting myself), Sam completely understands what he’s done wrong and he feels sorrier than Dean could ever make him feel, and he hates himself more than anyone ever could. So, I’ll leave it be for now. But Dean should not repress his feelings or else they’re just going to come crashing out of him at a really inopportune moment.

Hello, Meg 2.0. I hate you only because Castiel shoves you up against a wall and kisses you, and I’m bitter about it.

Can you please stop terrorizing Nick, Lucifer? Thanks. You’re a dick.

Under normal circumstances, I hate guns and anything to do with them (total pacifist over here, yo) but I have SUCH A GUN FETISH when it comes to the Winchesters. I could watch them handle guns all day long.

As much as I hate Zachariah, I actually giggled out loud when he called Dean “chucklehead”. Angels learn fast.

“What, you thought you could actually kill Lucifer? You simpering wad of insecurity and self-loathing? No. You’re just a human, Dean. And not much of one.” Do you wonder WHY Dean is full of insecurity when there are jerks like you around? Jeez, Zach.

Is Zachariah serious? It doesn’t count as a ‘yes’ if you have to give him stomach cancer and remove his brother’s lungs for him to agree.

YAY MY BB IS BACK.

Castiel is using his “flee or die” voice. It simultaneously terrifies me and pleases me greatly. TERRIFYING.

Lucifer is such an asshole. 1) He’s using Nick’s wife to deliver this message-- TOO MEAN. 2) He’s acting like he’s doing him a favor-- WHAT A DICK.

See, Dean? Truth. Truth is the best policy. Even if it hurts. You have to be truthful, or else things won’t turn out right.


Dean: I tried, Sammy. Man, I really tried. But I just can’t keep pretending that everything’s all right, because it’s not, and it’s never going to be. You chose a demon over your own brother, and look what happened?
Sam: I would give anything, anything to take it all back
Dean: I know you would. And I know how sorry you are, I do. But, man... you were the one that I depended on the most, and you let me down in ways that I can’t even... I’m just, I’m having a hard time forgiving and forgetting here, you know?
Sam: What can I do?
Dean: Honestly? Nothing. I just don’t think we can ever be what we were, you know? I just don’t think I can trust you.

I like to think that this isn’t true. Dean does find a way to trust him again. He’s really, really hurt right now, and he’s saying how he feels, which is good, but it’s a a lot to say that they’ll never be what they used to be. They have such a strong bond... it’s almost ridiculous to think that something, even something this huge and horrible, could tear them apart. Corny as it sounds, what they have is bigger. Family is bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment