Total Pageviews

Friday, July 1, 2011

Sarah Watches: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 17: It's A Terrible Life


Is this a play on It’s A Wonderful Life?

What. The. Shit. Is. This...

Dean is driving a Prius? And listens to NPR?! What is this?! Please tell me this is a joke. Dean Smith? I can’t...I can’t even...What is this? Director of Sales and Marketing? All of these things are so wrong. WHY DO SAM AND DEAN NOT KNOW EACH OTHER?! What is going on here? Trickster?

But TROLOLOL Dean thought Sam was picking him up. Sam Wesson? Tech support. What the hell. Haha Jared looks so giant in that tiny cubicle. “You overshare...” Cute.

Paul is freaking out about losing a day’s work, but he’s still there. Why didn’t he just do it over, if he was still going to be there? This is a very strange episode. So he’s going to mircowave his head?! What the hell?!

Also, side note. Jensen and Jared are beautiful. Their EYES!

What is HR doing to these people? Turning them into like mindless freaks bent only on work? Yeah, Sam’s friend Ian went all perfect and is wearing the shirt and...he conformed.

Can I just say, also, that Jensen looks AMAZING in suspenders. Jensen should always wear suspenders. APPARENTLY I SHOULD NOT THINK OF THINGS LIKE THAT WHEN THIS SHOW IS ON, BECAUSE IAN JUST KILLED HIMSELF! And also, there was a reaper there.

HOLY SHIT THEY ARE SO CUTE! “I am dying to check this out right now.” “Right?!

That’s a Reaper, right? I actually don’t think so, but...what is it? There’s just something in your blood Sam? YEAH, IT’S DEMON BLOOD, YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH!

Real actual ghost hunters? Don’t tell me...Ghostfacers. Excellent.

So the ghost is the founder of the company? Woah. “My portfolio’s in the sewer, I don’t even want to talk about it.” Dean, you’re adorable! “Winchesters still suck ass though. Suckage...major.”

This is brilliant. I’m so glad they brought back the Ghostfacers, even just for an “instructional video.” I think one of the things I appreciate about this show as opposed to something like Glee, for instance, is the character development and season-long arcs. Yeah, I love Glee, and yeah, it’s ‘season long arc’ is getting to Sectionals, Regionals, Nationals, what have you. But other than that, the episodes hardly fit together with any kind of overarching theme. Supernatural, however, is all about minor characters coming back and causing trouble, and because of the nature of the show, with demons and angels using vessels, they can have a huge supporting cast and say that Katie Cassidy and Genevieve Cortese are both Ruby, and we totally go with it.

Anyway...just some random thoughts. Back to the show.

Shit. I’m not a huge fan of elevators, actually. HOLY CRAP THAT WAS SOME FINAL DESTINATION SHIT OR SOMETHING! I think it’s kind of funny that PT Dude there keeps shoving Dean into things.

“That was amazing!” “Right! Right!”

Dean’s face. Adorable. Bob, Ellen and Jo? Like...Bobby, Ellen, and Jo? Like...this isn’t real? And Sam’s fiancé Madison...but they aren’t real. What is going on here? Holy shit, Sam’s beating the crap out of that phone. And he bent the poker, I don’t know if anyone else caught that.

Is this a Trickster thing? IS THIS A GODDAMN TRICKSTER THING?! AN ANGEL THING! Zachariah, Castiel’s superior. “You should see my decoupage.” “Ew. No thank you.”

That’s pretty cool, though, legit. I mean, Dean and Sam proved that this was in their blood, it had nothing to do with how they were raised. “Angel or not, I will stab you in your face.” Cute.

Fuckin sweet. Moar, moar!

I live a Jensen-in-Suspenders Appreciation Life. I also live a Dean Smith and Sam Wesson Appreciation Life. I live a Jensen-and-Jared’s-Eyes Appreciation Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment