I read the summary for this episode, and I was like, “Did I even watch this?” Like, I don’t remember it at all. I think I remember the girl who thinks she’s a prophet and I know she ends up not being one, but I don’t remember anything else or whether she’s evil or what. I. HAVE. NO. IDEA. So, this is going to be liveblog-ish. I mean, so was my last blog. So yeah. I don’t know. Ignore my rambling.
I’m seven minutes into this episode and I don’t really have anything to say. It’s a cool concept, I guess. A town full of people who know about demons. It’s sort of like what the whole world would look like if the Apocalypse got to a certain point.
Voicemail: You’ve reached the voicemail of--
Castiel: I don’t understand. Why do you want me to say my name?
If that girl was really a prophet who’d been listening to angels, she would know that being around Sam and Dean Winchester is decidedly NOT SAFE because demons follow them everywhere they go. They want to KILL Dean and kidnap Sam so Lucifer can use him as an angel condom, so if she were really in the know, she’d be like, “Dad. They need to leave. LIKE NOW.”
Those two dudes are boning. Just saying. They’re in love and it’s incredibly obvious to me.
YES someone finally listened to me about the holy water spray gun! Flinging it out of bottles is so wasteful.
I love that little moment when we see Sam and Dean bump their beers together. It’s so cute. It’s like a little secret brotherly handshake. I LOVE. #WBA
I feel like I should have a million things to say about this but I don’t. Ugh.
“No drinking, no gambling, no premarital sex... Dean, they basically just outlawed 90% of your personality.”
I feel like Sam is very eager to keep Dean in this easy little box of women and booze. I just feel like it hasn’t been true recently. When’s the last time Dean went off and had random sex with someone? Or gambled for pleasure, not just to get money? It just seems like Sam doesn’t really... get his brother right now. Or he’s not trying to. I don’t know. I think he needs to try harder.
We’re back to Tired Dean and Angry Sam. It’s such a consistent theme for Season 4 and 5. Hell BROKE Dean; he’s exhausted and sick of being messed with and ready to just roll over and take it. But Sam, since the demon blood thing, is impassioned and furious and ready for a fight.
Castiel: I got your message. It was long, your message. And I find the sound of your voice grating.
Sam: What’s wrong with you. Are you... drunk?
Castiel: No! Yes.
Sam: What the hell happened to you?
Castiel: I found a liquor store.
Sam: And?
Castiel: And I drank it! Why’d you call me?
Sam: Woah, easy! Are you okay?
Castiel: Don’t ask stupid questions.
Oh my god, favorite exchange to ever exist. CASTIEL HAS TO DRINK AN ENTIRE LIQUOR STORE TO BECOME INEBRIATED. I love him so much. And Jared literally has to hunch over so Misha can whisper in his ear. It kills me. THIS EPISODE GETS SO MUCH BETTER ONCE CAS ARRIVES.
“The names of all the prophets are seared into my brain. Leah Gideon is not one of them.” I love this. I don’t know why. I think angels are awesome. Despite their consistent douchebaggery.
The idea of people who are devout enough to run their friends and family out of town confuse me a lot. I was raised by churches, and one of the messages I received was that if God asked you to leave your family, you would, because you love God the most. But my belief was that God would never ask me to do that, because he loves me. So, a God who asked me to leave my family isn’t a God I want to believe in anyway. So these townspeople are basically willing to do whatever it takes to please a God who clearly doesn’t love them, because a God who loves them wouldn’t ask them to do that. Does that make any sense? Ugh. Religion is confusing.
Also: thou shalt not kill. Are you dumb, bitch?
Castiel: It’s starting.
Dean: What’s starting? Where the hell have you been?
Castiel: On a bender!
Dean: Did he... did you say ‘on a bender’?
Sam: Yeah, he’s still pretty smashed.
Castiel: It is not of import.
YES OTHER FAVORITE EXCHANGE EVER. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Drunk Cas is my favorite.
Ahhhhh, the Whore of Babylon. I remember now. Sort of. I love it. Again, I love it. I love Biblical stuff.
Dean: And the Enochian exorcism?
Castiel: Fake. It actually means... ‘you breed with the mouth of a goat’.
Dean and Sam: (silence)
Castiel: It’s funnier in Enochian.
I LOVE EVERY MOMENT CASTIEL IS AROUND. HE MAKES THIS EPISODE FANTASTIC.
Castiel: The Whore can only be killed by a true servant of Heaven.
Dean: A servant, like--
Castiel: Not you, or me. Sam, of course, is an abomination.
I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I’m choosing laughter just for my own sanity.
Castiel: You’re a servant of Heaven.
Pastor: And you’re an angel.
Castiel: A poor example of one.
I need a bucket for my creys. Castiel, you are perfect in every way. I love you SO MUCH.
DEAN WHY ARE YOU GIVING HIM PAINKILLERS DON’T YOU REMEMBER 2014!CAS DO YOU WANT HIM TO BECOME AN EMPTY SHELL OF HIMSELF DEAN
Dean is carrying Cas! This should not thrill me, but it does.
DEAN WINCHESTER DON’T JUST LEAVE YOUR BROTHER STANDING THERE SCREAMING AFTER YOU. I literally feel like crying right now. I hate the look on Sam’s face.
I
FORGOT
THAT
LISA
WAS
AT
THE
END
OF
THIS
EPISODE
Okay, so. Um. I don’t know how I feel about Lisa. In past blogs, I’ve been pretty adamant about the fact that I don’t like her. She’s so grossly perfect, with her hair and her teeth and her tan and her house in the suburbs, etc. But from Dean’s point of view, I understand why she’s his dream girl. She’s gorgeous and she has a son who could be his (I think he is. I really do. Headcanon.) and she has the whole apple pie life that he never got to have. When he goes to her at the end of this episode, he isn’t intending to stay. He isn’t planning on living with her. He doesn’t say, “I want to stay with you and be happy. He says, “I wanted you to know that when I do picture myself happy, it’s with you, and the kid.” When he pictures himself happy. That’s a very removed statement.
I do think he loves her in his way. I mean, obviously, he stays with her and Ben for a year after Sam dies. They are of a great comfort to him, and he’s clearly WRECKED at the end of Season 6 when Cas wipes their memories. But that life was never meant for him. It just wasn’t. He’s a hunter, and it may not always be fun, and it’s never easy, and it hurts like hell, but it’s who he is.
I don’t know. UGH LISA. So confusing. I just never know how to feel about her.
What I hate most about the end of this episode is that Dean has reached the end of his rope. He’s going to give himself up to the angels. It’s all over.
UGH THE HURTS. I actually just started crying. That doesn't happen often. Sometimes I say that I'm crying when I'm really just flailing and moaning, but the past two episodes have actually brought tears to my eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment