This is another one of my absolute favorite, favorite episodes. It’s really, really heartbreaking and beautiful.
Cas in Dean’s dream! I am praying for more of these moments in Season 7. Seriously. MAKE IT HAPPEN GAMBLE.
ACK I LOVE THIS EPISODE. I honestly think it’s because I love seeing Misha play someone other than Castiel. Is that weird? Castiel is just so specific. He’s dramatic and serious and dangerous, and I love seeing Misha be... I don’t know... human? I can’t put a finger on it. But I adore seeing him as Jimmy.
I honestly just watched that first scene with Jimmy like, eight times. I can’t get enough of it. I love it so much. I love Jimmy.
It’s funny: we don’t see much of Sam and Dean in this episode, because we follow Jimmy, but what we do see of the Winchesters is very strange. They seem to have completely reversed roles. Sam is the one giving orders and making decisions and Dean is petulant and childish. The scene that they have when they’re trying to decide what to do with Jimmy is so odd; I could almost picture the exact same conversation happening a few seasons ago with Dean on the “keep him here” side of the argument and Sam being the one who wanted to send him back to his family. I blame the demon blood.
SAM YOU ARE SO DUMB UGH. I AM SO SICK OF YOUR DEMON BLOOD SHENANIGANS.
Okay, so thoughts on Jimmy flashbacks: I read this piece of fanfiction a few weeks ago that literally gave me an anxiety attack. It was written from the point of view of Amelia Novak, and it talked about how she had to watch her husband go insane. He believed that he was an angel, and he left with these two guys in an Impala, and the police showed up a few weeks later with a security video that showed Jimmy and the two guys killing this girl because they thought she was a “demon”. They were eventually caught and they were sent to a mental hospital and Amelia went to visit him, and Jimmy honestly believed he was an angel named Castiel. The whole point of the story was that angels and demons weren’t real and that Jimmy Novak was really just out of his mind. I cannot even begin to explain how much this story fucked me up. I know that’s not the case for the show; obviously the monsters are real in the show, I don’t think Sam and Dean are imagining all these things. But poor Amelia. She thinks her husband is losing it. She thinks he’s dangerous to her family, that he’s not right in the head. It’s scary. I don’t know. I’m religious, so maybe this just hits home in a scary way. If I was ever in this situation, I don’t know what I would believe.
Anna’s back. GTFO bitch.
BIG NOTE: Claire Novak is a fucking champion. She is the hero of this series. She has to stand on her porch, see her dad look at her like he’s never seen her before in his life, hear him say, “I am not your father” in a voice he’s never used around her, then watch him walk away. And she bears it all with a straight face. AND THEN IF THAT’S NOT ENOUGH, he comes back and she thinks he’s back for good and BUT THEN her family gets attacked by a demon masquerading as her dad’s best friend and she gets held at knife-point, AND THEN a demon possesses her mother and physically abuses her. THEN SHE HAS TO WATCH HER FATHER GET SHOT. And then she gets possessed by an angel. The same angel that was inside her father. And then her father just gets up and walks away after sacrificing himself for her. LIKE WHAT IS HER LIFE. She is the best person in the entire world.
MISHA YOU ARE THE MOST BRILLIANT ACTOR. Seriously, I adore everything that you are and everything you choose to be.
I find it so sad that Jimmy Novak receives proof that angels and Heaven exist, and it is because of this that he loses his faith. I guess a big part of faith is trusting what you can’t see, and once you know its real and it disappoints you, you can’t go back.
AUGH JIMMY. The scene in the pantry literally kills me. He says he was asleep while Cas was using him as a vessel, but he picked up some handy tips. He knows that demons have black eyes, he knows about the salt... and his wife is calling him crazy and telling him to get out as he tries to protect her. It’s awful, it’s SO AWFUL. I want to cry right now.
I knew the first time I watched this that the demon that was in Roger’s wife had moved to Amelia once they got to the car. You can’t trust anyone that’s been off screen-- that’s my motto with SPN.
Don’t lie, Dean. It weirds you out to see Jimmy canoodling with his wife because you’ve only ever seen that body be Castiel, and you want him to canoodle with you.
I love that even Jimmy calls Castiel ‘Cas’. When did this become a thing? Oh, yeah, everybody wants to be like Dean Winchester.
SAM OMG U R SO DUMB BUT RLY WHY U SO STUPID BB. Dean and Claire!Cas are like, “... wut.”
Poor Novak family. Just poor everyone. AUGH I HAS ALL THE SADS.
Dean: Cas, hold up. What were you gonna tell me?
Castiel: I learned my lesson while I was away, Dean. I serve Heaven. I don’t serve man. And I certainly don’t serve you.
LIAR. YOU’RE LYING CASTIEL. YOU LOVE HIM. YOU’RE DOUBTING. YOU’RE FALLING. JUST ACCEPT IT.
Again with the tired Dean. I swear, this is the theme of the show for the next two seasons. Tired Dean. Angry Sam.
And so begins the Sam Demon Blood Detox. AWFUL BUT SO NECESSARY.
No comments:
Post a Comment