Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 18: Point of No Return (SPOILER BLOG)

Adam’s back. Adam’s back. Damn it. Isn’t this the episode Cas beats up Dean? I’m so ready for the homoerotic shoving up against brick walls and such.

As much as I hate Zachariah, he does amuse me. What an assbutt (and yes, that is my favorite word). Angels are such dicks.

DEAN. I WILL ACTUALLY CUT YOU. WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING. I don’t know why I’m acting like this is news to me. I’ve seen this before. I know what happens. Doesn’t make it any easier, clearly.

YES. CASTIEL IS SO MAD. He’s like, “I may love you, Dean, but I do not love your attitude.”

Bobby: What the hell happened to you?
Dean: Reality happened.

This reminds me of what Future!Cas says to Dean in “The End”. Life happens. Reality catches up with all of us eventually.

Bobby: You can’t give up, son.
Dean: You are not my father.

SHIT. SHIT. BOBBY’S FACE JUST... FALLS. OH DEAR GOD DEAN WHY.

“That’s the round I mean to put through my skull. Every morning I look at it. I think, ‘Maybe today’s the day I flip the lights out’. But I don’t do it. I never do it. You know why? Because I promised you I wouldn’t give up!”

Ouch, poor baby Castiel’s head hurts. The angels are communicating with him...

Castiel may be a little baby angel foot solider, but he is tough. And not easy to kill. He will take your ass down if you try to sneak up on him. DON’T. MESS. WITH. CAS.

SOMEBODY GRIPPED ADAM TIGHT AND RAISED HIM FROM PERDITION OMG. Those fucking angels. Why are they so fucking irritating?

I also like Adam a lot more when he was a ghoul. He was nice. The real Adam is sassy and kind of an asshole.

Castiel: Maybe they’re desperate. Maybe they wrongly assumed Dean would be brave enough to withstand them.
Dean: All right, you know what? Blow me, Cas.

THIS. OMG THIS. I’m not even mad that they’re sniping at each other because it’s just so old married couple of them. And Dean’s like, “Blow me, Cas” and Castiel is like, “Wait. Here? Right now? In front of your brothers?”

Sam: There’s another way.
Adam: Great. What is it?
Dean: Well, we’re working on the power of love.

LOL. They are all so sassy. The way Dean says, “Mmm, not good” just makes me laugh.

UGH. ADAM. I know you’re bitter because you and your mom were killed by ghouls but that is NOT EXCUSE TO BE AN ASSHOLE TO YOUR BROTHERS. Why do people like Adam? I just do not care about him at all. He’s so mean. He just assumes that he had such a terrible life and that Sam and Dean were like, hogging their dad, when in actuality, their childhood was way more fucked up than his.

“Well, Cas, not for nothing, but the last person who looked at me like that... I got laid.”

WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE LINES SUPPOSED TO MEAN. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SHIP ANYTHING BESIDES DEAN/CASTIEL. HE FUCKING WINKS AT HIM. LIKE... WHAT.

There! Dean says it again! He’s tired! He has literally been tired for two years.

Sam: Well, do you think maybe you could take a half second and stop trying to sacrifice yourself for a change? Maybe we could actually stick together?
Dean: I don’t think so.
Sam: Why not? Dean, seriously, tell me, I want to know.
Dean: I just... I don’t believe.
Sam: In what?
Dean: In you.

This breaks my heart. Dean is exhausted and he doesn’t trust his brother. He’s right: Sam is angry and self-righteous and easily corrupted by demonic power. But Sam is trying. He’s trying so hard. And he’s sick of Dean being such a goddamn martyr. JUST STOP IT.

“Don’t say that to me. Not you, of all people.” HE SAYS THIS IN SEASON ONE. HOLY SHIT KRIPKE YOU’RE A GODDAM GENIUS. Sam, baby, let me hold you.

I honestly believe that Castiel saw how broken up Sam was and knew that Dean needed someone to talk to. So he went down to the panic room to comfort him. And then when Dean didn’t answer he got really worried and scared that something had happened. AND THEN DEAN BANISHED HIM. Abusive relationship. Now Castiel is going to respond in turn and BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU, DEAN.

They call Heaven “Oz”. This interests me. The boys are from Kansas. I can’t help but feel like there is a large Wizard of Oz arch throughout this entire series.

“You know Sam and Dean Winchester are psychotically, irrationally, erotically codependent on each other.” The truth of this statement... it’s ridiculous.

Zachariah, there is only one word for you: DICK. YOU’RE A DICK. YOU’RE A DICK. YOU’RE A DICK.

YES YES THE CASTIEL BEATING UP DEAN SCENE OMG ALL THE HOMOEROTICISM. Castiel is pushing Dean up against a wall. He is so close to his face.

“I rebelled for this! So that you could surrender to them! I gave everything for you! And this is what you give me?” FUCK CASTIEL. JESUS CHRIST. HE IS READY TO KILL DEAN. But in the end, his love wins out and he stops. He uncurls his fist. He takes him home.

This moment lost its severity when the gag reel was released. Now all I can think of is, “Confetti! It’s a parade!”

Sam: What the hell happened to him?
Castiel: Me.

Cas and Dean just carry each other around all the time. It’s adorable.

Poor Adam. He’s kind of an ass, but he doesn’t deserve to be manipulated by angels. He doesn’t deserve any of this shit. They’re using him as bait. That blows.

“Word to the wise. Don’t piss off the nerd angels.” I love their relationship.

Dean: Isn’t that a bad idea?
Sam: Cas and Bobby think so. I’m not so sure.
Dean: Well, they’re right. Because either it’s a trap to get me there to make me say yes, or it’s not a trap and I’m gonna say yes anyway. And I will. I’ll do it. Fair warning.
Sam: No you won’t. When push shoves, you’ll make the right call.

Sam is wonderful right now. He knows that Dean doesn’t have faith in him, and it hurts him to his core, but he’s not retaliating like a child. He’s showing faith in Dean. He’s trying to show him that he believes in him. He’s doing the right thing. SAM LET ME LOVE YOU I’M SORRY FOR ALL THE MEAN THINGS I SAID ABOUT YOU BB.

Dean: Isn’t that suicide?
Castiel: Maybe it is. But then I won’t have to watch you fail. I’m sorry, Dean. I don’t have the same faith in you that Sam does.

It’s weird seeing Castiel remove a piece of clothing. Since the moment we meet him, he never even touches his tie or his trenchcoat, but now he knows how to take it off. He’s falling slowly. Also, does Cas do that to himself? He’s cut off from Heaven; he can feel pain. I don’t think he would be able to do it by himself; I think he needed Sam and Dean’s help to do it. And as much as he and Dean are clearly going through a rough patch right now, I think he would have Dean do it.

YES. THE DEAN WINK. BELIEVE IN HIM SAM. BELIEVE IN HIM. Sam looked so heartbroken when he thought that Dean had given up (honestly, can I blame Dean? Adam and Sam were hemorrhaging on the floor.) but HE DIDN’T. IT WAS A TRICK. DEAN IS FUCKING SLY. DON’T MESS WITH HIM.

Poor Adam. Like I said, I may not like the guy too much, but nobody deserves to have an angel ride their ass.

Sam: So, what changed your mind?
Dean: Honestly? The damnedest thing. I mean, the world’s ending, the walls are coming down on us, I look over to you and all I could think about is, ‘The stupid son-of-a-bitch brought me here’. I just didn’t want to let you down.
Sam: You didn’t.

#WBA #WBA #WBA #WBA #WBA #WBA THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL IMPALA BROTHER MOMENT.

“If you’re grown up enough to find faith in me, the least I can do is return the favor. So screw destiny, right in the face. I say we take the fight to them and do it our way.”

PARALLEL LINE: NO REST FOR THE WICKED-- “No, we stop being martyrs! Man, we stop spreading it for these demons. We take this knife and we go after Lillith our way, the way Dad taught us to. And if we go down, then... we go down swinging. What do you think?”’

DO IT THE WINCHESTER WAY. ALWAYS THE ANSWER.

No comments:

Post a Comment