Since most of the ~*~emotional~*~ discussions in this episode happened while Sam was possessed, I can’t take any of them seriously enough to really dwell on. There’s only a couple things I can talk about with this episode and then I’m moving on.
1) Demons are DAMN GOOD ACTORS. Seriously. When the shapeshifter was imitating Dean, it took Sam all of thirteen seconds to figure it out. But demons are clever, and it plays Sam, with his innocence and his martyrdom, very, very well. Sidenote: Can we talk about what a good actor Mr. Jared Padalecki is? He plays nice, sweet Sammy so well, but he is absolutely terrifying as a villain. He just does this thing with his eyes whenever he plays someone bad. Sam has very soft eyes and relaxed eyebrows, but whenever someone is possessing him or he’s missing his soul, he holds his upper face very tight. It’s so interesting.
2) How did it take this long for one of them to get possessed? They’re so close to the demon world, figuratively. If Azazel wants Dean out of the way, all he has to do is possess Dean, stab himself, then fly back to Hell. Dean dies, Sam is distraught, and there’s your evil Apocalypse captain. Seriously, if I was a demon, that’s what I would do. Shit. I should be King of Hell. I probably shouldn’t be bragging about my demonic prowess.
But anyway, shouldn’t John have given them anti-possesson charms or gotten them tattooed like, YEARS ago? Like, when they were kids? It seems like kind of a hunter thing. They should all have some kind of defense against possession. And yet the Winchesters don’t. Hmm.
Weird note: I don’t like to picture Sam smoking. It’s like... picturing a baby smoking. If this show wasn’t on the CW, like if it was on HBO or something, I could see Dean smoking and Sam admonishing him for it. Kind of random, but whatever. I’ve read fics where Dean smokes and it seems kind of canon to me.
Final notes will be on Jo. That poor girl. She’s tough and I’m seriously in love with her, but her unrequited love for Dean is just so sad. She fucking saves his life in this episode. And then she performs goddamn surgery on his shoulder. She is AMAZING. But she’s just not for Dean.
I will finish this with my three favorite quotes of the episode:
-Jo: I know demons lie, but do they ever tell the truth, too?
-Dean: Yeah. Sometimes, I guess. Especially if they know it’ll mess with your head.
-“How about I smack that smartass right out of your mouth?”
-“Dude, you full on had a girl inside you for like a week.”
No comments:
Post a Comment