Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 12: Nightshifter (SPOILER BLOG)

I have had it with these motherfucking shapeshifters on this motherfucking show. By the by, this is a tiny bit live-blog-ish because I was feeling so many feelings.

The beginning of this episode gives me a little thrill. As I’ve said before, I love seeing Dean through someone else’s eyes, and I get a little shivery when he’s caught on camera. Oof, that moment when we realize that whatever is happening in this bank, Dean is involved and he’s probably going to get blamed. That’s how Supernatural works.

See, I can’t even be mad at these bitches for throwing themselves at Dean. If I ran into him on the street, I would take ahold of him and demand he marry me immediately. So I ain’t even mad.

Poor Ronald. I love when he’s explaining his theories to Sam and Dean, and he’s so close to the truth but still so far. At least he’s on the right track, unlike the actual law enforcement. And is death is so sad. He was just trying to do the right thing, albeit using literally the worst methods ever. But still. He was shot through the heart. He had no warning. I guess the one good thing is that he probably died fairly quickly and with little pain. He didn’t deserve to die at all, but at least he didn’t suffer.

OH HEY WHASSUP CYBERMAN FROM DOCTOR WHO. We’re in the Superwho ‘verse now, bitches!

Dean was so ready to tell Ronald the truth... it was weird. Sam was being MEAN. I feel like this is the first time Dean is the ‘good cop’. Usually Sam is all touchy-feely with witnesses and Dean is the insensitive one.

Can I just say: the Sammy Bitchface is just all over this episode.

This whole situation just sucks. There’s one shapeshifter to a bunch of innocent people and nobody knows who’s guilty. AND the bitch can just change again whenever he wants. Literally, the worst.

VICTOR HENDRICKSON. I LOVE HIM. I know he’s an obstacle right now (I don’t want to call him a villain) but he’s a good man. I hate when Victor and Dean have their chat on the phone. Because when you get down to it, Victor is right. From where he’s standing, Dean looks like the worst kind of criminal. He murdered innocent girls and dug up graves and escaped police custody. John looks like a crazy man who raised his kids to be monsters. Victor’s wrong about the Winchesters, but it’s not his fault. He’s just trying to do right by the law and what he considers to be the truth. It’s literally painful for me to listen to Victor talk about Dean that way, but I know things eventually work out between them so I feel a little better about the current situation.

I can’t help but like you, Victor. I just can’t help it. You’re a likable guy.

It actually kind of scares me how easy it was for Sam to take out those SWAT guys. It’s just too reminiscent of how Victor called them “expertly trained”. They really are. Sam and Dean Winchester are dangerous, and it’s a good thing they’re dedicated to fighting evil, because if they were on the other side, humanity would be screwed.

The final scene of this episode is breathtaking. Sam and Dean sneaking out of the bank in the SWAT uniforms to the acapella part of Renegade. I LOVE IT. I so adore the music on this show.

Favorite line of this episode: “I like him. He says ‘okie-dokie’.” Dean, you’re so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment