Last time I watched this episode, I’m pretty sure it was closer to Christmas, so it felt slightly more appropriate than it does now. In June. Oh well. I can feel the Christmas spirit even though it was eight million degrees here today.
Also, this entire episode makes me sick to my stomach. I can’t deal with it. I will probably have to turn the sound off for part of it. UGH.
I also love that Dean mentions Boston Market. I used to go to Boston Market once a week when I was little, and then once I left North Carolina, I never went again. Boston Market is so firmly rooted in my childhood that if I didn’t know better, I would say that it was some kind of childhood fantasy. Their macaroni and cheese was my life’s blood. I’m not kidding. I AM DEAN WINCHESTER.
I’m saying it right now: the best casting choices made by the SPN team (besides Jared and Jensen and Misha) are the kids who play young Sam and young Dean. This includes the two kids in this episode, as well as the kid who plays younger Sam (In “Something Wicked”) and the guy that plays teenage Dean. Dead serious, they are all perfect.
Baby Dean: What is it?
Baby Sam: A pony.
Baby Sam has been sassy since Day One. But he did learn from the best...
Baby Sam: Why do we move around so much?
Baby Dean: Because everywhere we go, they get sick of your face.
I WISH I COULD JUST QUOTE THIS ENTIRE EPISODE AHHHH MAYBE I WILL TRY AND STOP ME.
Why is Christmas so sad? Seriously, it’s supposed to be happy and yet there is so much to be sad about with the Winchester Christmas. Dean wants it because it’s his last chance to have one, and Sam doesn’t because he knows it means the end. I think this is almost immature on Sam’s part. You don’t have to pretend nothing’s wrong to have Christmas, Sam. It’s a time for family.
Seeing Sam and Dean as children makes everything else make sense. All they had growing up was each other; they moved around too much to form any other lasting relationships. They’ve basically been codependent on each other their entire lives. And Dean’s reverence of his father is SO apparent in this scene, as well as Sam’s doubt. Even after reading John’s journal, Sam needs to hear the truth from Dean before he can accept it.
I literally want to die. The pagan gods are the CREEPIEST villains we ever see on Supernatural. They are worse than demons and Lucifer and vampires and werewolves and shapeshifters COMBINED. I hate them. As I’ve said before, I like when evil things suck it up and know that they’re evil. I don’t like when they pretend to be nice or sweet or vigilant or whatever else.
I CAN’T WATCH THEM TAKE SAM’S FINGERNAIL. IT’S TOO AWFUL. I HATE THIS EPISODE I HATE IT SO MUCH.
I don’t really hate the whole thing. I love the flashback to the past Winchester Christmas and I love Sam-and-Dean-Talk-About-Their-Feelings time. Of course, I LOVE the story of THE SAMULET! I miss it so much. Where did it go? Did Castiel take it? I forget.
Anyway, it’s June and Winchester Christmas is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I seriously am about to cry. Winchester Brotherly Affection makes my world go round. It really does.
By the way, did we just get two episodes that ended happily? Was Kripke on vacation or something?
No comments:
Post a Comment