Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 3, Episode 13: Ghostfacers (SPOILER BLOG)

Wait. No. No. I can’t. I’m already too emotionally damaged from Jus in Bello. I can’t watch Ghostfacers right now! This episode is pure emotional turmoil with some laughs thrown in to make the pain hurt worse! It’s a recipe for heartbreak! STOP! I CAN’T!

All right, I’m sucking it up. #sacrifices

Despite the pain, this episode is really hilarious. I love how it’s constructed, also, with Ed and Harry as the protagonists and the Winchesters as background characters. This episode borders on gimmicky, and I considered liveblogging it, but we’ll see once we get started. It might turn into like, a half-liveblog-half-actual-thoughts-blog-thing.

Oh my god, Ed and Harry. They are utterly perfect.

Ed: So, strap in for the scariest hour in the history of television.
Harry: In the history OF YOUR LIFE.

I wish Ghostfacers was a real show. I would watch that shit religiously. Not kidding.

Also, I feel like quoting this entire episode. This blog is just going to be me writing down all the ridiculous things Ed and Harry say.

Harry: Good morning, Ghostfacers.
Spruce: It’s 7pm, dude.
Harry: It’s morning to a Ghostfacer.

Corbett’s crush on Ed is SO PRECIOUS. I WANT TO CRY. CORBETT WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DIE YOU ARE THE CUTEST THING.

IT’S THE BOYS! IT’S MY WINCHESTERS! In that beautifully noisy car. I’ve said it before, but let me reinforce it: one of my favorite things is seeing characters I love through someone else’s eyes, and that’s basically what this entire episode is.

“Rats are like... the rats of the world.” HARRY YOU MAGICAL MAN.

I can’t put into words how much I love Ed and Corbett running into Sam and Dean. There’s just... AUGH. I can’t explain it. I just love it so much.

I love when Dean is trying to herd them all out of the house. He feels very real to me right now, probably because of how this episode is filmed on a handheld camera like a home movie. This whole scene is just so realistic. I love it.

CORBETT WHY. BE SAFE BABY DON’T DO THIS.

Oh my god, I love this conversation between Sam and Dean. I CAN’T EVEN EXPLAIN WHY. I’m not doing a very good job of explaining myself in this blog.

Sam: Well it’s 12:04, Dean. You good? You happy?
Dean: Yeah, I am happy.
Sam: Let’s go hunt the Morton House, you said, it’s our Grand Canyon.
Dean: Sam, I don’t want to hear it.
Sam: You got two months left, Dean. And instead, we’re going to die tonight.

I think I love this episode so much because it makes me feel like Sam and Dean are real. I feel like I’m watching a reality show and it means that the Winchesters are really out there, fighting spirits and demons and the like.

“My best friend... and my best sister...” ED I ADORE YOU.

This is why I can’t hear the song “It’s My Party” without having horrifying flashbacks. This is the part of the story where I lose my mind and start laughing maniacally through my tears. This show is fucking me up, man.

Dean: Ed, listen to me! There’s some salt in my duffel! Make a circle and get inside!
Ed: Inside your duffel bag?
Dean: In the SALT, you idiot!

Also, even though it’s bleeped out, it’s totally obvious that Dean is dropping the F-bomb left and right. I still think it’s a shame this show is on the CW rather than HBO, because then Dean could smoke cigarettes and say ‘fuck’ and have loads of raunchy gay sex with angels.

This episode is making me ill. Remember how sick the Christmas episode made me? This is even worse. I’m about to throw up.

And then, to make all the icky feelings go away and all the sads come back:

“Hey, Corbett, listen to me... I-I, w-we... okay. You meant... Corbett, you meant a lot to the team. You meant... you meant a lot to me, you know? Never backed down, never said a bad word... I remember that, Corbett. I remember that, I remember that because I love you, Corbett. I really, truly love you. Do you remember that? Do you?”

And the moral of this story is: Gay love can pierce through the veil of death and save the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment