Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 17: Heart (SPOILER BLOG)

Oh, Sam. Why does everyone you love die?

That’s harsh. But seriously, cut the guy a break, Kripke! Do you hate him or something? At least Dean can have sex with a girl without her dying some kind of tragic death. It is so hard to ship Sam with someone when everybody he has romantic feelings for either dies or is evil. Can we bring back Sarah Blake, please? I liked her a lot. She was really good for Sam. Bring Sarah back!

It’s so interesting that Sam was with Jess, because since then his type is very exclusively brunettes. Sarah, then Madison, then Brunette Ruby. Either brunettes are really his type and Jess just happened to be blonde, or Sam never really gets over her and all his romantic encounters after her death are an effort to be with people who don’t remind him of her.

So let’s talk about Madison. I actually really like her, probably for the same reasons Sam does. She’s clearly smart and independent, but she has her guilty pleasures like bad soap operas and she can laugh at herself. She’s very sweet. She’s very trusting. AND she doesn’t let a bad experience ruin her life: she takes that pain and turns it on its head to change her life for the better. That’s a very mature response to hardship, and I have a lot of respect for her character.

WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO DIE?

Seriously, Supernatural has this thing where they can’t let women live. Every woman that has ever been on the show has died. Usually violently. Only Lisa escapes, and its because she has her fucking memory wiped. I guess if Supernatural ever created a woman that was just right for Sam and they didn’t kill her, he would settle down. I guess that’s why they keep having to take out these women. Although, I guess Sarah’s alive. BRING SARAH BACK.

Clearly my brain just keeps coming back to Sarah. ANYWAY. Werewolves are cool, I guess. I’m glad SPN didn’t make them look like actual wolves. That might have been weird. And a little too Twilight for my taste. It’s kind of cool that there’s the myth of the “werewolf”, but it’s not really a wolf, just a human with large teeth and claws. Kind of makes you wonder how the lore began in the first place. Anyway, I liked it.’

Some good Winchester moments in this episode:

Sam: Why do you always get to hang out with the girls?
Dean: Because I’m older.

(I still settle arguments this way. Also, their rock paper scissors battle is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Dean, always with the scissors.)

Also, the argument they have regarding whether they should kill Madison or not: I feel like Sam is over-utilizing his favorite argument. Dean says, “Hey, a monster, let’s kill it” and Sam says, “No, what if they’re not really evil?” and Dean’s like, “Part of them is evil” and then Sam goes, “PART OF ME IS EVIL SHE MIGHT BE JUST LIKE ME I HAVE NO CONTROL I MIGHT BE BAD ARE YOU GONNA WASTE ME DEAN WELL ARE YOU ARE YOU?” and then Dean can’t kill anyone because he feels guilty. Sam, your argument is valid, but you haven’t technically killed anyone yet (except when you were possessed so it doesn’t count) so really, you’re not just like Madison, who has in fact killed two people and has literally no control. You’re not a werewolf, Sam. You don’t turn into a monster while you’re sleeping. You have more control than you think.

I think I’ve made it pretty clear that I’m a Dean girl, but I adore Sam in this episode. 1) He’s fucking HOT. Like, delicious yummy muscles and he’s picking Madison up and pushing her into the wall and it’s mmmmmm... I shall sit here consumed with lust for the rest of the day. 2) He’s just so, so sweet to her. He wants desperately to protect her, and he respects her, and he’s SO NICE AND THEN HE CRIES AND AUGH. I flailed off my bed. Poor Sammy. Why did he have to shoot her? It’s not fair. The demon takes everything away, and then he finds someone who isn’t connected to the whole Hell-drama and she just happens to be a werewolf? It sucks. I want Sam to find love. And not with stupid Ruby.

No comments:

Post a Comment