Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sarah Watches: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 10: Heaven and Hell

Uriel is creepy. “As a matter of fact, we are. And?” Cas, you are beautiful. What did Anna do that was so bad? Woah woah WOAH URIEL! I don’t approve of Ruby’s methods, but for real, man...she didn’t actually do anything to you.

Um...what just happened? Cas put his hand on the door handle and Cas and Uriel disappeared. She did something. What the hell? She sent them away...no, uh-uh...there’s something going on here. That’s way too convenient to just “pop into her head.”

“How’s the car?” “I got her, she’s fine.” EVEN SAM KNOWS THE IMPALA IS A GIRL!

PAM! I love her, but I feel so bad that Cas burned her eyes out. Anna’s freaky. Who is she? She’s an angel? What now? Anna was Cas and Uriel’s boss? Why am I still skeptical? Anna’s going to try and get her Grace back? Welp, okayyyy...

Alistair is “Picasso with a razor” in Hell. That’s a little terrifying. Wait...do what? Do WHAT?! I don’t think Ruby’s talking about using his powers, for some reason.

"Why would you fall? Why would you want to be one of us?” That’s such a good question. “Loyalty, forgiveness, love. Chocolate cake. Sex.” (I cut out Dean’s lines there, obvie, because I liked Anna’s better.)

Only 4 angels have seen God. I am depress. But...I think it’s interesting that they have to take His existence on faith, just like humans do. I kind of like that. “Grace Ground Zero is pure creation.” I like it.

Wow. That’s a giant tree. When I went camping over Memorial Day weekend, one of the local sights where we were was called “Big Tree.” Because my family is weird and likes that kind of stuff (me included, I’m not ashamed), we went out to see this thing. So we’re driving down the road, and there’s all these live oak trees.

If you’ve never seen a live oak, they’re insanely beautiful, just Google Image search it. It’s unreal in pictures, but in reality...it just takes your breath away. So all of these trees are pretty gigantic, and we’re all kind of like “Which one is the Big Tree, these are all huge.” And then we pulled up to a little parking lot, and I could see a clearing through a break in the trees.

When we stepped into the clearing where the Big Tree was, I swear, everything just went quiet. Anna’s line in this episode about Grace being pure creation is so brilliant, because when you see this 100+ year old tree, bowed with age, its limbs stretching in all directions, surrounded by the trees whose seeds came from this one tree...well, you can believe in Grace, in pure creation.

Anyway, back to the episode...
Womp. Someone took Anna’s Grace. That sucks. SHIT NO DEAN CAN’T GO BACK TO HELL! What did he do in Hell? I’m glad someone is forgiving Dean, even if it is Anna and not Sam, who should be the one to tell Dean this.

KISSING! EW! Kidding. More kissing. MOAR! Sex in the back of the Impala. That’s what’s up. That’s hot. NOMNOMNOM Jensen’s back. Um...Cas’ handprint is still on Dean’s shoulder. Why does it feel weird to me that Anna touched it? Probably because I already ship Dean/Cas. Oops. Yeah, that just happened. Oh, we’re going full Titanic here? Yeah, I guess if I was having sex with Dean Winchester, I’d go full Titanic.

“He has this weakness. He likes you.” YES! URIEL ADMITS THAT CAS LIKES DEAN! WOOT WOOT ANGEL CRUSH YEAHHH

URIEL, YOU DICK! YOU HAVE ANNA’S GRACE YOU ASSHOLE! Alistair’s torturing Ruby...I’m not sure how to feel about this. RUBY YOU BITCH! STOP IT! STOP CONFUSING ME WITH YOUR WHOLE LIFE!

OMG CAS’ LITTLE SMILE TOWARD DEAN! WHAT THE EFF?! And he looks so upset when Anna kisses Dean. At least surprised. Oh boy. Angels versus demons. Ugh, Cas’ big blue eyes. I can’t even...YES! Dean! You saved him!!!

And...Anna got her Grace back. And Alistair’s gone. Hm. Okay...Moar eyesex.

UGH this was the plan the whole time? Those boys! I can’t even...

The entire last conversation, because I don’t think I can explain my feelings on it well enough.

“It wasn’t 4 months, you know. It was 4 months up here, but down there, I don’t know, time is different. It was more like 40 years.”

“My god.”

“They, uh, they sliced and carved and tore at me in ways that you...until there was nothing left. And then suddenly, I would be whole again, like magic, just so they could start in all over. And Alistair, at the end of every day, every one...he would come over, and he would make me an offer. To take me off the rack, if I put souls on. If I started to torture. And every day, I told him to stick it where the sun shines. For 30 years I told him, but then I couldn’t do it anymore, Sammy. I couldn’t. And I got off that rack, God help me I got right off it, and I started ripping them apart. I lost count of how many souls...the things that I did to them...”

“Dean...Dean, look, you held out for 30 years. That's longer than anyone would have.”

“How I feel? This...inside me...I wish I couldn’t feel anything Sammy. I wish I couldn’t feel a damn thing.”

Jensen, I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. I’m not sure how you make crying look manly.

On a much more serious note...Dean had to do some pretty harsh things in Hell, but Sam is right. He held out for 30 years. That’s longer than I’ve been alive. That’s longer than my sister’s been alive. 30 years is a very long time. Most marriages don’t make it 30 years, but Dean held out through torture for THIRTY YEARS, and got ripped apart every day.

Dean Winchester is my hero.

I live a Jensen’s-Back Appreciation Life. I live a Sex-In-The-Impala Appreciation Life. I live a Dean/Cas-Eyesex Appreciation Life. I live a Jensen’s-Eyes Appreciation Life. I live a Dean Winchester Appreciation Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment