I love when the title means something. This is in reference to the saying, “How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?” According to wikipedia, this question serves as a metaphor for wasting time debating topics of no practical value.
Castiel, you perfect, perfect angel. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
I love the dead angel wings! It’s one of my favorite recurring images on the show. It’s so sad and beautiful and perfect that their wings are shadows.
The scene in the Impala is so indicative of the rest of the rest of this season and the next. Dean is tired, sick of burying friends, stumbling along, making mistake after mistake because his eyes are closed and he just wants to sleep. Sam is angry, pissed, addicted to demon blood, and making rash decisions, running into danger whenever he can. They’re always like this: they can never be happy together or angry together. They’re always on opposite sides of the spectrum.
The FACE Castiel gives Dean when he talks about Pamela. I get that you’re pissed, Dean, but Castiel never asked her to look upon his true form. In fact, he warned her against it. I hate that the angels get heat for hurting Pam.
Castiel: Dean, we know this is difficult to understand...
Uriel: And WE... don’t care.
Castiel obviously cares. It’s adorable. Look how he’s hiding from Dean. He’s so afraid of Dean’s judgment. He has to pretend to be stoic and uncaring when he clearly is already loyal to Dean.
It absolutely horrifies me that Castiel and Uriel ask Dean to torture. I don’t think Castiel gets what a big deal this is (he looks very confused when Dean practically begs him not to ask that of him) so I can forgive him a little bit. They’re at war. People do crazy shit when they’re at war, because they have to.
Dean: I’m starting to think Junkless has a better sense of humor than you do.
Castiel: Uriel’s the funniest angel in the garrison. Ask anyone.
I think this line is utter perfection. Just the idea that Uriel being ‘the funny one’ is like, an established fact. It kills me. Oh, Castiel. You little baby angel.
Castiel: My superiors have begun to question my sympathies.
Dean: Your sympathies?
Castiel: I was getting too close to the humans in my charge: you. They feel I’ve begun to express emotions... doorways to doubt. This can impair my judgment.
THE LOVE IS SO PRESENT. IT’S HERE. IT’S HERE TO STAY. CANON.
Dean: You ask me to open that door and walk through it... you will not like what walks back out.
Castiel: For what it’s worth... I would give anything not to have you do this.
I literally want to quote this entire conversation because there is SO MUCH GUY LOVE.
UGH SAM, YOU’RE SUCH A DICK. I hate you DemonBlood!Sam. You are so mean and nasty and inconsiderate and you like having sex with demons and you’re downright rude and disrespectful to your brother. Wow, something happened to Dean in Hell? No shit, Sherlock, he had thirty years on the rack. You’re a douche.
Augh, Dean torturing is HORRIFYING. I want to weep and cry and throw things. I really do. DEAN BABY YOU’RE BETTER THAN THIS. Stupid fucking angels.
“Go directly to Hell. Do not pass ‘go’, do not collect two hundred dollars.” I actually want to say this to people.
OH GOD THE DEMON BLOOD DRINKING SCENE. I hate everything about it. It’s so un-Sam, the way he demands it from Ruby and how greedy he is once her arm is cut. It’s sickening. I miss our Sam. Actually I miss our old Dean, too. Hell does shitty things to families.
Props to Jensen’s acting skills in the torture scene. He scares the ever-living crap out of me.
Poor Castiel. You are doubting, and it’s okay! I love how dismissive he is of Anna because she fell, and he’ll be in her place in just a little while. Because he’ll find someone to fall for (U C WUT I DID THERE LOL). But all joking aside, Castiel fell for Dean, that’s what happened.
Oof, I hate this revelation. It is my least favorite “twist”, if we can call it that. That Dean is the entire reason this is all happening. The Apocalypse began because the Righteous Man broke and shed blood in Hell.
“As he breaks, so shall it break.” CHILLS. OOF. That hits Dean like a truck. You see it in his face. I’m going to say it again: Jensen’s acting is brilliant in this scene. He actively has to stop himself from bursting into tears in front of Alastair.
DemonBlood!Sam saves the day? Castiel is like “... what is happening.” When Sam’s like, “Now I can kill,” Cas is like, “Wut. I have a confuse.”
At least Sam clearly still loves Dean. That’s the one thing I’m clinging to right now.
“Strange.... strange how a leaky pipe can undo the work of angels when we ourselves are supposed to be the agents of fate.” Castiel, you brilliant angel.
Uriel: All you have to do is be unafraid.
Castiel: For the first time in a long time... I am.
FOUR FOR YOU CASTIEL, YOU GO CASTIEL. That’s the angel I know and love with all my heart!
Castiel: I still serve the will of God!
Uriel: You haven’t even met the man! There is no will, no wrath... no God!
AND THEN HE GOT MOTHERFUCKING STABBED THROUGH THE HEART THANK THE LORD IN HEAVEN.
“The Righteous Man who begins it is the only one who can finish it.” So, the Righteous Man is destined to become Michael’s vessel. That’s what I’m getting from this.
“Well then you guys are screwed! I can’t do it, Cas. It’s too big. Alastair was right. I’m not all here. I’m not- I’m not strong enough. I guess I’m not the man either of our dads wanted me to be. Find someone else. It’s not me.”
Here’s an honest to God truth: Up until now, I have never cried during an episode of Supernatural. I have flailed until my arms hurt, I have jumped up and down, and I have made weepy noises that make my roommate ask me if I’m dying, but I have never cried. Until this speech. This small moment when Dean lies broken on a bed with tubes running in and out of him and cries because he feels weak. This moment literally hurts me and I can’t help but cry. Dean is the strongest man I’ve ever seen. He’s seen and done so much; he’s a hero. And after everything he’s done, angels and demons and humans just keep asking for more. His father asked for more, Sam asks for more, now Castiel asks for everything he has and he can’t give it to him. He’s just a man... a great man, but a man. And the world asks too much of him.
I love you, Dean. That’s really all I can say. You made me cry tonight and I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment