Another Superwho episode! This reminds me so much of that one man Ten and Martha fought who sucked the life spirits out of people so he could stay young forever.
Oh, dear Castiel. I hate when Dean tortures. I hate it. Stop it, Dean. Torturing is bad. You’re the Righteous Man and you can’t do these things.
Half of me loves that Sam has the exorcisms memorized, and half of me is really saddened by it. Like, it’s awesome and badass that they don’t have to use a book anymore, but at the same time, I want to preserve baby Sammy’s innocence and memorization of exorcism rituals is anything but.
Organ theft is gross. This whole storyline is gross. And yet I am currently still eating. Dean Winchester, this is why we are soulmates.
I feel like I should have something profound to say about the whole immortality thing, but I’m drawing a blank. I guess there’s the obvious: death is nothing to be afraid of, who wants to live forever how terribly dull, what’s eternal life without someone to share it with, etc. etc. No original thoughts today, y’all.
SAM. YOU’RE INSANE. WHY ARE YOU LYING. YOU’RE TURNING INTO DARKSIDE SAM. I’M SO FRIGHTENED. DON’T DO THIS SAM BE MY BABY FOREVER.
LOL I love Rufus. He is batshit crazy and hilarious. Love him forever and ever.
I’m going to take this lovely opportunity that Rufus is giving me to wax poetic about the hunter lifestyle. Rufus says this:
“That’s the job, kid. Even if you manage to scrape out of this one, there’s just gonna be something else down the road. Folks like us-- there ain’t no happy ending. We all got it coming.”
As much as I’d like to believe he’s wrong, I think this is eventually where Sam and Dean are headed. Let’s have a realistic moment here: the show is going to end. Maybe after one more season, maybe two, but it’s going to end soon. And if I’m going to be honest, I don’t think it’s going to end with Sam and Dean settling down and living a domestic life with wives and kids. I think they’re going to die. Hopefully, Kripke and Gamble send them to Heaven so we can have some semblance of a happy ending, but the only ending that makes any sense with the show is for Sam and Dean to die together. After everything else they’ve been through, it will be like rest. To me, that’s the only ending that makes any sense.
Amazing Biblical reference: Bela is staying at Hotel Canann. In the Bible, Canaan is where Joseph (yes, the one with the technicolor dream coat) is from. As those familiar with the Bible or the Andrew Lloyd Weber musical will remember, Canaan is where Joseph is betrayed by his brothers. It is then stricken by famine, and the brothers almost suffer from starvation. I love you, SPN writers.
A desperate Dean is a very scary Dean. I hate the moments that I’m terrified of him, because typically I adore him with all my heart. But he does scare me. As much as he’s the Righteous Man, he turns into a monster after thirty years in Hell. And I don’t believe that it was any form of weakness on his part: I think that’s what any person would do after three decades in the pit. I believe every human has a little bit of evil, a little bit of cruelty and vengeance in them. Dean is just letting that side take over out of desperation. It’s sad, but it happens, and Dean is at the end of his rope. I forgive him for being cruel, just like I’ll forgive him for what he does in Hell, forgive him for almost saying yes to Michael, forgive him for being so horrible to Castiel. I’ll forgive him anything. In fact, I’ll forgive them all everything.
Maybe that’s what this show is to me. It’s Sam and Dean and Cas and Bobby and everyone trying to do right and taking on too much responsibility and lying and fucking everything up. But I will always forgive them, because I believe in them, and I love them.
I think Bela gets redeemed slightly. She didn’t make any good choices (like... ever) but her childhood was clearly fucked up and she didn’t deserve to die that way. No one does.
I think Dean does the absolute right thing in refusing the help of the doctor. I understand Sam wanting this to work, but he’s too desperate for a solution and he’s not thinking things through. Dean’s still got his priorities in order; he still recognizes a monster he doesn’t want to become.
If only he could have maintained these priorities in Hell. He will become a monster and he’ll never truly forgive himself for it. Oh, Dean. I love you so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment