Ugh. More vampires. I don’t really care for the vampire episodes on Supernatural. I don’t know why. I’ve just never liked them much.
The only thing that happens in this episode that I care about is Gordon dying. It’s my least favorite death in the entire show because of how disgusting and violent it is, but I’m very, very glad to have him out of the way. Can you image how difficult it would have been to deal with Gordon with all the other shit that happens in Season 4? No, it’s definitely for the best that Gordon gets taken out.
I also find his death to be very poetic. To me, Gordon has been a monster for a very long time, but it’s only when the monstrosity in his mind is reflected in his body that he can be killed. Not all vampires are monsters- Lenore proved that. But not all hunters are saints, either, and it’s only fitting that Gordon be killed when he has become the thing he claims to hate so much. All the anger he feels for the outside world is suddenly focused in on himself, and it destroys him.
Sam has been really scaring me these past couple episodes. I haven’t mentioned it because there have been other things going on, but it’s impossible to ignore now. He has so much wrath and rage. I’ve loved seeing Sammy the way we remember him: innocent and bound to doing good. This Sam is just so scary. I hate it. I don’t want to get to Season 4 and see him being all evil! I can’t! Augh!
“What do you want me to do, Sam, huh? Sit around all day writing sad poems about how I’m gonna die? You know what? I got one. Let’s see, what rhymes with ‘shut up, Sam’?”
I love Sam’s speech to Dean. If Dean Winchester is good at one thing, it’s repressing the emotions that hurt, and fear is one of the most painful. There’s no shame in being afraid of Hell.
“Yeah, because I’ve been following you around my entire life! I mean, I’ve been looking up to you since I was four, Dean! Studying you, trying to be just like my big brother! So, yeah, I know you, better than anyone else in the entire world. And this is exactly how you act when you’re terrified. And I mean, I can’t blame you. It’s just... I wish you would drop the show and be my brother again.”
I literally jumped around the room and flailed my arms. That’s how much I love Wincester Brotherly Affection (NOT WINCEST YOU PERVS)
For such a dark and upsetting episode, it ends in such a sweet way. There’s nothing I love more than Dean teaching his baby brother how to take care of his car. SO SWEET. I’m going to start crying. I literally just put my head down on my arms and made sad, weepy noises. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AUGH DEAN PLEASE DON’T DIE.
No comments:
Post a Comment