Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

Sarah Watches: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 13: After School Special


High school popular kids are assholes. By the way. Like super-mega assholes. And it’s going to come back to bite them all in the butt one day. Okay, this Taylor chick is going to get what’s coming to her, too. People are assholes.

I am SO glad I’m out of high school. But did you know, if someone’s giving you a swirly, you should flush the toilet because you’ll be able to breathe? This is unrealistic. She would have died if the girl hadn’t flushed the toilet, not because she did.

That girl is crying blood. And her “You’re ugly” line made me think of the Sherlock Holmes movie, where he says “You wear a jacket.” I don’t know why.

Was she possessed by something? They went to Truman Hugh?! BRILLIANT! I love it. Oh, boy. Sam’s idea...I can’t wait.

High school Dean made me choke on my Frosted Flakes. I had to pause while I cleared my throat and got a drink. Ridiculous. Holy shit that guy is fine. And he sounds exactly like Jensen. Brilliant. I can’t even...

“Don’t need ‘em, sugar.” Ugh, you’re SO FINE! Oh, Sammy. You’re so adorable. And you’re not going to be a midget for much longer! I’m flailing so much right now. DEAN IS A GYM TEACHER HOLY GOD I CAN’T EVEN BREATHE I’M FLAILING SO MUCH. HE JUST THREW A BALL AT THAT KID’S STOMACH. I AM SO PLEASED WITH THIS. ALSO, HIS SHORTS.

“The whistle makes me their god.” Brilliant. Dean is so happy with this.

You’re going to shove your fist down his throat? Um, not if he shoves your fist into the food processor first. Shit. That’s pretty gross. Ooh, it wasn’t blood in this dude’s ear and coming out that girl’s eye. It was ECTOPLASM!

Don’t tell me Sam knew Barry. Shit. That’s intense. That was Sam’s friend? Oh, nooo! “You like animals?” “They’re a lot nicer than people.” That’s for fucking sure. Oh, boy.

Shit, BABY SAM! You can totally kick that kid’s ass. You totally can. Ooh, and Dean’s going to be PISSED when he finds out. That’s really depressing that Barry killed himself, though. Really sad. Bullying...I have so much hate for bullies. It’s literally enough to make me cry. I just don’t know how to explain myself here.

What happened to Sammy? Just getting beaten up by Dirk? Or more? I love the casting choices for Teenage Dean and Baby!Sam. They’re perfect. “So you and your family killed a werewolf last summer?” (What he should have said was:) “Why, yes, Mr. Wyatt. We did.”

I like Mr. Wyatt. For all that he basically encourages Baby!Sam to go to Stanford and leave the family, I think Sam needed to hear that. I think he really needed to know that he didn’t have to do anything he didn’t want to do.”

“Go have your Robin Williams, O Captain my Captain moment.”

The way this was shot, with frames of the present interspersed with frames from the past, where Sam is running his hand through his hair...Ugh, totally breathtaking camera work and editing.

WHAT THE HELL WHO IS THAT?! Was it still Barry? Or was it DIRK DIRKDIRKDIRK!

I want Sam to kick Dirk’s ass so hard. See, Sam can just...he’s trained to fight from a former Marine. He’s going to win every time. Ugh, Sam. You ended up making the bully the bullied, and now he’s out for revenge. That’s really depressing.

This episode...it’s hitting too close to home for me...I guess this just goes to show, even bullies have other things going. There are just so many things about our peers that we don’t know, that we’ll never know, and I can’t even begin to explain how much I don’t want to talk about bullying.

I’m glad Supernatural took this on and gave it another spin. I’m pretty pissed that Sam got dragged into it the way he did, and it’s easy to see that he was upset when he found out that the nickname Dirk the Jerk lasted after he left.

The good thing about this show is the inability of the writers to ever be completely serious. “He’s giving you the full cowgirl.” Dean...bby. High school isn’t even nice to Dean Winchester.

Poor Sam. Truman High was the first place he felt accepted, like he didn’t have to be anyone he wasn’t, and he was forced to leave it, to go back to being the "kid". And for Dean, it was exactly the opposite. I think, as viewers of this show, we’re so ingrained in our thinking that Dean is the “cool” one and Sammy is the “nerdy geek.” We really got a turnaround this episode, and I’m glad for it.

I’m also glad this is over...I didn’t want to try and articulate myself anymore.

I live a Teen!Dean and Baby!Sam Appreciation Life. I live an SPN Casting Directors Appreciation Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment