I didn’t realize that the show dealt in immortality so much. We had that creepy immortal doctor in Season 3, then the immortal magician a couple episodes ago, and now this. Hmm.
Dean’s face when that dude mentions angels. He’s like, “If only you knew. Motherfucking angels.”
Sam is MEAN in this episode. It’s weird. He’s really angry and borderline cruel. It’s a little bit of role reversal. I seem to remember Dean getting pretty pissed at a guy who made a deal, and now Sam’s the one with the angry forehead asking if the guy’s seen anybody with red eyes. Calm yo face, Sam. Remember how I said before that when Sam is evil (like soulless or wearing Lucifer or whatever) he holds his forehead and his eyes tighter? He’s doing that now. It’s skeeving me out.
The sad thing is, they’re both kind of right about the whole ‘death’ debate. There is some sense to Dean’s whole “what’s-dead-should-stay-dead” thing, and I definitely believe that everyone has their time and we shouldn’t try to fight or cheat death, etc. etc. But Sam’s right too. They’re different; they’re special. Dean got ripped out of Hell by an angel, and Sam’s been dead once already. They’re important to the world and the normal rules don’t apply to them.
Ugh I just watched the clip and now I’m confused again. I agree with Sam? I don’t know. Their conversations go in circles. I feel like half the time they’re agreeing with each other and they’re just trying to pick a fight. Cut it out, children!
I actually screamed, “Holy shit, Sam!” when he threw Alastair across the graveyard. I hate when he’s all upped on demon blood. He’s a different person. A scary person. Not my baby Sammy.
Sam does tend to treat Dean like an idiot. He’s always surprised when Dean knows a piece of lore and he lies like he doesn’t think it makes him look like a shifty asshole. I don’t know whether Sam’s more comfortable in their roles as stupid-womanizing-older-brother and sweet-smart-sensitive-younger-brother, but NEWS FLASH SAM. Neither of you fit into those easy labels, so stop lying, man up, and treat your brother with the respect he deserves.
(Remember when I was in love with Sam at the beginning of this season and I totally empathized with him and was singing my adoration for him from the hilltops? Yeah, we’re done with that now. I’m about to get pissed.)
Pam is being mean. WHY IS EVERYONE BEING MEAN TO EACH OTHER. This is silly. It’s the Apocalypse, bitches. Can’t we all just get along? I guess she’s just upset and bitter because she lost her eyes an everything but still. No excuse.
Tessa! I don’t necessarily like her but I don’t hate her either. She’s just doing her job.
Dean: What the hell?
Castiel: Guess again.
This is how much I love Castiel: when he appeared and saved Dean, I literally flailed my arms, ran around my room, and collapsed into a heap on my floor. HE’S JUST SO DAMN AWESOME. I can’t put it into words! What a badass.
Dean: If you want our help, why the hell didn’t you just ask?
Castiel: Because whatever I ask, you seem to do the exact opposite.
YOU GOT HIM THERE, CAS. I love their relationship so much. It’s so angsty and full of tension right now, but still so intimate and beautiful and wonderful.
Dean: Don’t you think you could make a few exceptions?
Castiel: To everything, there is a season.
Dean: You made an exception for me.
Castiel: You’re different.
~~~~YOU ARE THE ONLY EXCEPTION YOU ARE THE ONLY EXCEPTION AND I’M ON MY WAY TO BELIEVING~~~~
Their love is so canon.
Dean: It’s okay to be scared.
Cole: I’m not scared.
Dean: We’re all scared. That’s the big secret.
I love this. I have a fascination with death and I love when they address it in this show.
“Trust your instincts, Dean. There’s no such thing as miracles.” Ugh, Tessa. You just ruined everything. Go away. I hate you.
“If you think you have good intentions... think again.” LISTEN TO PAMELA SAM. SHE’S ONE OF THE THREE SMARTEST WOMEN ON THIS SHOW (the others, of course, being Ellen and Missouri. Am I forgetting someone?)
Kim Manners dedication at the end made me tear up a little. R.I.P. Kim. We have the same birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment