Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 16: Roadkill (SPOILER BLOG)

So... I don’t really have anything to say about this episode. I know I say that quite often, and then I end up writing like, eight paragraphs, but this time I’m serious. I actually have very, very little to say.

Basically, I feel like this episode is the Supernatural version of the brilliant film “The Sixth Sense”. You’re led to believe that one of the characters is alive for the entire episode, and then at the end it turns out that she was a spirit all along. At least SPN writers recognized that they were basically ripping off TSS; Dean slips in a Haley Joel Osment reference in the final moments.

So, yeah. Impressive twist. I wasn’t expecting it the first time around. The only other thing I was thinking while watching this episode was that Dean was being kind of a dick. I think he was showing off for Molly (I know sometimes when my younger brother and I meet new people, I go alpha and get really bossy and annoying) and trying to act like some kind of tough guy. Whenever they have to convince a civilian that ghosts are real, Dean always falls into the “tough love” kind of role, while Sam tries to be a little more understanding.

The last scene was nice:

Dean: You think she’s really going to a better place?
Sam: I hope so.
Dean: I guess we’ll never know, not until we take the plunge ourselves, huh?
Sam: Doesn’t really matter, Dean. Hope’s kind of the whole point.

That’s about it. Nice episode. Not really much to say about it (not enough Winchester angst, I guess).

No comments:

Post a Comment