Oh my god... that opening sequence was one of the best I’ve ever seen. Seriously. I got teary. I miss Ronald and Victor. And it incorporated Darkside!Sam and Castiel. Well done.
So... is it safe to assume that Dean was raised out of Hell to be Michael’s vessel? That’s why, right?
I love seeing other hunters. Especially totally badass female hunters.
“All I know is I was not... groped by an angel.” Seriously? Seriously? I cannot be blamed for my shipping when they write lines like this.
I really want to like this episode, but it’s really hard to get around Sara Gamble’s writing. I know a lot of people really don’t like her because of the sixth season, and I don’t personally mind her as a showrunner, but I don’t like her writing. I think she writes everyone (Dean especially) as caricatures. He’s like, “I’m Dean and I like sinning and stealing and boobs and PIE SAM WHERE IS MY PIE DID YOU GET MY PIE WHERE IS IT SAM”. It’s like she’s writing an idea of Dean and not Dean himself, which obviously pisses me off because I LOVE DEAN.
Also, she writes shitty lines like, “They’ve redecorated... in red.” WHO SAYS THIS. No one, Gamble. No one.
THE PANIC ROOM. Considering that this is supposed to be the ultimate place of safety, some nasty, nasty shit goes down in this room.
THE APOCALYPSE. IT’S COMING. AHHHHHHHH. AND THE VESSELS ARE BOTH ALIVE AND MICHAEL AND LUCIFER ARE COMING OH NOOOOOOOES
Yeah, I really want to like this episode, but I can’t get behind the writing. It’s not that it’s bad... it’s just totally unoriginal. Oh my God, Dean’s having some sort of existential faith crisis because he doesn’t understand how God could exist and bad things could still happen cry cry cry. That’s like, the most commonly asked question in religion. It’s not breaking any new ground. At almost thirty years old, Dean wouldn’t be asking this question now like it’s some kind of epiphany.
I feel like I should have something intelligent to say on the subject of Meg and Victor and Ronald, but sadly, I’m drawing a blank. The only thing I can think to mention is that I think the concept is really interesting. They’re not being haunted by people they killed, like Gordon or Madison. They’re being haunted by people they didn’t save. Killing someone is black and white; not saving someone is such a gray area. And I want to look at the three of them and say, “Oh, no, guys, it wasn’t your fault. Demons suck and innocent people get gunned down and it’s really terrible, but it isn’t your fault.” I wish I could say this. But if Sam and Dean have made it their mission to save people, then yes, they failed with Meg and Victor and Ronald. They failed them. I don’t think it’s fair to blame the Winchesters (blame Hell and misunderstandings, if blame must be placed) but Sam and Dean didn’t save them and that’s the truth of it.
LOL the very first time Dean wakes up to Castiel creepin’. Get used to it, Dean. I love how flippant early-Castiel is. He’s like, “Shush, puny human. I’m an angel, bitch.”
Castiel: The Lord works...
Dean: If you say ‘in mysterious ways’, so help me, I will kick your ass.
They are so sassy to each other. Oh my god, the URST. Get closer to his face, Castiel. Get closer.
Despite the fact that I didn’t really like the writing of this episode, this is when I start really loving the show. As I’ve made abundantly clear, religion is something I’m very, very interested in. I find the Bible and God and angels and demons and Hell and Lucifer EXTREMELY fascinating, so I am basically in nerd heaven for these next two seasons. SO EXCITED.
Final note: I love Dean. I love Castiel. I love when they have scenes together. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment