Right off the bat, I adore the premise of this episode. The whole seven-deadly-sins thing is kind of a trope, but it’s a trope I enjoy. I like tropes. I also like saying the word ‘trope’. I’m writing this at 1:17 am, so ignore any and all weird declarations.
Sam: Let me see your knife.
Dean: What for?
Sam: So I can gouge my eyes out?
I HATE CICADAS. I HATE THEM. The buzzy noise they make literally makes me want to stuff my fists into my ears. I detest them. I lived too many southern summers with those bitches buzzing outside my bedroom window. GTFO CICADAS. NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE.
Can I just say: from the perspective of an actor, I hate the actors who play Tamara and Isaac. The dialogue of this show isn’t very well-written, but it can be salvaged by good acting. Those two actors are TERRIBLE. Sorry, but it’s true. They play a married couple like they’re on some kind of silly sitcom. “Sweetie pie, where’s the holy wood?” “Well, gee, I don’t know, love muffin, where did you put it?” “Well, gosh darn it, I don’t know, sugarpuss! That’s why I’m asking!” TRIPE. UTTER TRIPE.
Isaac has a point about not wanting to work with the Winchesters, but at the same time, Sam and Dean weren’t the ones who opened the gate. Jake was. They closed it, for heaven’s sake. And the only reason it was opened in the first place was because Azazel is a dick. So let’s calm down a little bit and think about who we should really be mad at right now, okay, Isaac, you bitch?
OH
MY
GOD
RUBY
I didn’t realize that she literally shows up in 3x1. WOW. Okay, so I feel really weird when it comes to Ruby. I really, really liked her in the beginning. I never completely trusted her, but I desperately wanted to. She and Dean fight like children and she has amazing chemistry with Sam. I also have this wall in my head that separates Katie’s Ruby from Gen’s Ruby, and I find myself loving the former and despising the latter. It shouldn’t matter at all, because they’re the same demon and they’re both evil, but I just love Ruby in the third season. My girl crush on Katie Cassidy does not help.
Dean. Stop using the fact that you’re dying to get what you want. We all know you’re only joking about it because you’re terrified and you don’t know how to express your emotions in a healthy way. You’re not fooling anybody, Dean.
Isaac and Tamara are so dumb. Do they really think they’re being covert? Nothing looks more suspicious than two people who come in to have a drink together and do nothing but share suspicious glances. That’s why Dean is always so good at being undercover: he’s relaxed and comfortable, so nobody suspects that he might have ulterior motives.
I think they would waste less holy water if they used spray bottles. And how hilarious would that be if they used a spray bottle on demons like they were cats. SO HILARIOUS.
I love the idea of the seven deadly sins. I especially loved Pride. Did we get to see Wrath at all? Envy was definitely my favorite, though. His speech was amazing:
“You really think you’re better than me! Which one of you can cast the first stone, huh? What about you, Dean? You’re practically a walking billboard for gluttony and lust. And Tamara... all that wrath. It’s the reason you and Isaac became hunters and the first place, isn’t it? It’s so much easier to drink in the rage than face what really happened all those years ago... and you call us sins. We’re not sins, man! We’re natural human instinct, and you can repress and deny us all you want, but the truth is: you are just animals. Horny, greedy, hungry, violent animals.”
This is one of those uncomfortable truths villains are so fond of dispelling. He’s right, too. It’s scary, but we all have demons inside of us. Sin is a natural part of being human. That’s why, in Christianity, there’s always forgiveness.
I don’t know how to feel about Dean and Sam’s conversation. I do think Dean would be a little less willing to accept death if he knew what was waiting for him. Hell isn’t exactly a relaxing day at the beach, so if he’s tired now, he’s going to be fucking exhausted after thirty years on the rack and ten torturing souls.
I LOVE YOU, DEAN. That is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment